[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS Should Support the LGBTQ+ Community

DosnDosn
Reactions: 830
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I understand that Maplestory is originally a Korean game, so everything in the game is defaulted to the heteronormative world. I also know that the game was developed and released in the 2000s when views on homosexuality was still negative and it remains unchanged in the game with gender restrictions because homophobia is still present in Korea.

However, it is 2022 and the world and our society have become more and more accepting of the LGBTQ+ community, so I think that GMS should reflect those new values and make changes to the game in support of the LGBTQ+ community. Changes such as making sex change available, making same-sex marriage an available option, and making couples items universal for all characters and not just restricted to one female and one male character.
DarkCygnusMCNexdrealBunnyBomb

Comments

• DarkCygnusMCDarkCygnusMC
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited August 2022
    I agree with this, and I think it should be taken a step further. A lot of people like male and female hair but can't get them because of the gender system, I feel like there shouldn't be any gender-locked items or customization options. There's already a ton of unisex cash items already, so I feel like it shouldn't be a problem to do.
    NexdrealBunnyBomb
  • LaudierLaudier
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited August 2022
    n/a
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2022
    Remove gender entirely. It shouldn't be a political statement.
    Rather than make it about these issues, just make it about quality of life.
    You will never get it changed by presenting it as a political issue.
    Korea does not care and they're the main overseers of this game. Go for the root issue which is inconvenience.
    BunnyBomb
  • soulmastermsoulmasterm
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2022
    kms occasionally sell different gender hairstyles and beauty coupons.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited September 2022
    No they should not
  • AhrisAhris
    These things are pretty controversial even in the US though. A lot of people in the South for example is against the idea and believes there should be limits to how far you can go.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2022
    Ahris wrote: »
    These things are pretty controversial even in the US though. A lot of people in the South for example is against the idea and believes there should be limits to how far you can go.

Exactly why it shouldn't be made a political issue, but rather a gameplay or QoL issue. It just gets in the way and it would be easier if the game simply just ignored gender entirely. The only difference is what you have on with no items equipped and that's it.
  • BunnyBombBunnyBomb
    Reactions: 795
    edited September 2022
    remove gender it takes like two buttons. it's not a statement it's a mushroom game
    Fuhreak