[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please address sitting in maps with mobs

BloodphantomBloodphantom
Reactions: 710
edited September 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests

There is a huge problem in reg server that people are sitting in maps and selling maps (from 500mil to 1bil during the previous 2x event) or holding maps for later use. This problem is generally found In every end of world maps in limina.

When I do dailies, I find people sitting on high chairs to not get damaged by anti afk mob. After attacking the mobs for dailies ,usually before I hit the 200 mark, the player would either say "????" Or "cc please". Something about that doesn't feel right. Seems like a script or just not paying attention , they rarely reply when I say I'm doing dailies. When I finish doing dailies , I've sometime gone back to maps after 30+ minutes and they continue to be sitting and not using map.

What really ticks me off is when I want to grind for meso/level with totem. Looking for map on every channel just to find only 60% of the maps are being used (half are bots... separate issue of botting. But that's for another post ....) and the rest have these "sitters."

I've noticed that alot of "sitters" are in numerous guilds that I've never seen before except for being in limina. Usually the guilds have 5-15 characters that are all online( mostly kannas [probably used kishin before it got nerfed]) and are found through out end of world.

Can I just "steal" the map from them? Because in tired of this. I've smega this problem before and obtain plenty of heated whispers and re-smegas about this issue...

Comments

• NexdrealNexdreal
    Reactions: 610
    edited September 2022
    Well, as i see it: YES, you could "steal" the map from them if they are not actively using it. "CCing" is a cordiality and is not mandatory specially when they are not even using the map (or by being cordial themselves).

In short i would not pay much attention to it... if they arent actively killing mobs (or you can tell that they are just faking it when you enter the map) then the map is free to use.
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2022
    The "High Chair" issue is actually ridiculous at this point. Its been a thing for so long - maybe it needs to be submitted in "Bug Reports" after every update until it is recognized as an issue. I don't know why they don't care about it yet.

Yes, you can try to take the map, but in my experience it will always cause drama and ultimately i hate dealing with other people in maps so i just go to other maps without people in High Chairs.
  • TagaloaTagaloa
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited January 2023
    Some of them are like level 260+~280 and all kanna users, they should really disable sitting in monster maps, and most of em are using macro's if not using a map attack hack. Nexon should really deal with them, cuz its really annoying.