[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When you get a "bad quest" on Scrapyard

DuskGuardDuskGuard
Reactions: 1,465
edited September 2022 in General Chat
Literally takes 30 minutes or more to complete. Spawn rates super low, things take like 5 seconds to become targetable after spawning in. Nearly everything is mixed (i.e. kill 200 of this mob, but there's 2 other mobs there as well). Meanwhile at DWT you're looking at 5 minutes max.

God the rework can't come soon enough.

Comments

• DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited September 2022
    My strategy so far:
    1. blow up the screen
    2. alt tab for 10 seconds
    3. come back and almost everything is spawned and targetable
    4. get frustrated and contemplate not doing the quest
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited October 2022
    I tend to skip Scrapyard entirely, it's much easier to grind on Twilight Perion until you hit about 50% of level 199. Then you just have to go to Scrapyard and do the introductory quest, and you'll be at lvl 200.

Here's a hint for grinding. Everyone says Forsaken Excavation Site 2 is the best place to grind in Twilight Perion. That would be true if you ever found it vacant with high Burning level, but you won't, players tend to compete for it, and the Burning is always low as a result.

The map to the left - Forsaken Excavation Site 1 - is almost as good, always available, and is always at 10 Burning.