[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can someone help me with hard will

Deathace102Deathace102
Reactions: 1,630
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2022 in General Chat
I've been trying to find parties for hwill but no one invites because (duh) i only have 22k stat, i know that i am essentially asking for a carry, but i just want to maybe get an arcane box, because farming droplets are a huge pain because i have low drop gear, and im a dual blade so my mobbing sucks.

Comments

• fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited September 2022
    why are you going through all these hoops of trying to get into boss runs?
    I doubt any party will allow you to loot the arcane boxes for free.
    you are literally taking extra steps to beg for mesos.
    Just look up guides on how to make mesos if you don't want to beg for mesos.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2022
    The party that carries you is absolutely not going to let you have the Arcane Box, and furthermore if you steal it from them you've essentially blacklisted yourself from the higher boss parties.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited October 2022
    Mira wrote: »
    The party that carries you is absolutely not going to let you have the Arcane Box, and furthermore if you steal it from them you've essentially blacklisted yourself from the higher boss parties.

If he's in reboot, box drops are instanced. You can't "steal" them.
  • YurBestTurretsYurBestTurrets
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited October 2022
    You need to upgrade your other gear and damage sources to be ready for Hwill. Will is a tricky boss and you 100% NEED TO KNOW THE MECHANICS, it is not a boss you can just get carried through.

Some things may very quickly disqualify you from joining a Will party. If you are under level 240 and you're not a support, you're dead weight because you risk failing the periodic tests and bring nothing to the party. If you are well below the Arcane Force requirement, it's a no. Will has a hefty AF requirement (1140 to deal 1.5x damage, which is four maxed symbols + lvl11 morass/esfera). If your overall progression isn't high enough -- low legion, nodes not lvl40, etc. it will greatly decrease your damage too. You should know that people start looking into being a contributing member of Nwill at 25k+ stat (more if you have low legion) and lvl245. For Hwill, you're contributing at probably 32k+ stat (more if you have low legion) and lvl250+.

If you are in Reboot, your main focus should be legendary WSE with good pots, meso and drop gear, arcane symbols, followed by 17* gear (including a transposed 16* fafnir katara to SW katara for DB specifically), decent flames (probably 65+ score) and 2L+ stat epic or unique pots in this order. The path to end game is not asking for carries, especially for hard bosses. Stuff like CRA is trivial now, but people still do it for the weekly mesos and it's a big upgrade for new players so it is carried often. Same goes for hellux. But what people who think they're gonna ask for hard boss carries don't realize is that Hwill has 164x as much HP as hellux. Hellux solo at 22k stat is probably ~5 minutes for you so just imagine what you are asking others to do for you when you're asking for a hard boss carry. TLDR; being a bag in hard bosses isn't for just anyone, typically friends who know the boss at least or people who have important supportive capabilities.