[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some good words and some sad thoughts regards GMS.

RayzYRayzY
Reactions: 1,070
edited November 2022 in General Chat
Dear Nexon,
Before I say ANYTHING, let me just mention that I'm a very old player, as old as GMS itself. that account was created in 2006, and another one has been there since the very first days of MS, which are the early beta days. I started playing as a young boy, waiting for school to end just to get home and keep playing MS. now I'm an adult (elderly, i'm afraid :) ) whos close to having a wife and being father. and I can't forget MS, I always come back to play.
I feel that by stating this fact, some of you (hopefully, most of you) will take my words more seriously.

Now, I must say, it shows that you're trying to get players to play MS \ again. I have no idea what others think about it, I didn't bother to get deep into it. but allowing existing old characters to be Burning characters is a good idea. because now some players like me with old yet beloved characters without much time, can level up and enjoy the game story, killing new boss monsters and stuff.

Now, for the sad parts.
I'm having this habbit of mine, consistently checking on MS, even on busy periods, just to watch the game alive again like it used to be. sadly, my little wish was never happened as except for Reboot world, I can't see much players online. it makes me really sad, and I won't lie that it makes me to ask myself what would I do if one day I'm about to see the game closed, after everything I did in this game the past 22 years. those efforts to level up many characters, make them strong, spending some (well, much, actually) money this whole time to have a better experice, etc'.

You know, from my perspective, it seems like every single one who previously played the game went from "lol maplestory is dead" to "this game is still alive? I would like to play again". it means that alot of old players would like to return, but they lack an excuse to play the game, like a friends to play with, a way to play with, like in the old days when we were running lots of PQs, always training together and stuff.

My point here: the game might be seen like a dead-end, a good memory and nothing more, but it's not really true. with the right efforts and actions, the game can be popular once again.

So please, Nexon, don't give up on MapleStory. ever. keep your efforts. I believe that even us- the players, can do something in order to make MS more popular, like running communities, websites, FB pages and stuff. heck- even suggesting your good ideas.
Let us make a better MapleStory. I believe it can be done.

Thoughts, anyone?

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    Didn't read everything, but most burning events do allow you to burn existing characters at lower levels than this burning event does. The hyper burning event can be used on both new characters and existing level 200 characters too though. This limitation is because this burning event is all the way to level 250.
    RayzY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    MapleStory is more popular now than it has been in the past several years, Nexon has also vowed in stockholder meetings to make the global/US market a more viable one for them. As well as Korea recently said that they plan on MapleStory being something that can be played for the next 40 years or something. MS isn't going anywhere soon.
    RayzY
  • RayzYRayzY
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited November 2022
    I'm so glad to hear that!

You know, I have that little dream that someday Nexon would make an anime out of this whole amazing story. and yes, I know about the one they made in 2007.
    I believe that if there will be a brand new and properly-made MapleStory anime, the game will benift from it and we would see a great number of new players\old players.
  • psuobucitpsuobucit
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2022
    If you ever read "not Frequently enough asked questions" written by the CM AKradian, and watched (or visited) the most recent maple fest, then you should be knowing by now that Nexon America is not willing to listen to users, and all of user suggestions and feedbacks won't be transferred to those decision makers living in Korea.

Give up your hope.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    psuobucit wrote: »
    If you ever read "not Frequently enough asked questions" written by the CM AKradian, and watched (or visited) the most recent maple fest, then you should be knowing by now that Nexon America is not willing to listen to users, and all of user suggestions and feedbacks won't be transferred to those decision makers living in Korea.

Give up your hope.

KMS has eventually added several GMS suggestions over the years. Now if KMS users also suggested these things, I couldn't tell you.
    Also GMS frequently tells us when things have been forwarded. It's an overseas developer, of course they're not going to be keen on listening to us.

On top of this, KMS probably has several years of content that they want to address somewhere on a corkboard, you have to understand that game development is a lot more complex and nuanced than "Just give people what they want."
    Given that GMS seems to be built upon an upside down deck of cards, from an overseas developer, who barely breaks profit from our market, of course they don't listen. That said the bigger GMS grows the more they should actually listen and all players have to do is not "give up your hope" like you're suggesting they do.

There is a difference between "Have realistic expectations." and "Don't even bother."

In other words, you're part of the problem.
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2022
    I as a really elderly player am 50+ game loving single mother of 1 son who not lives with me . [ I play MS only short - like after MS2 got shutdown ] , MS exist for already many years - many other online games not even survive that long - just a couple others are still around .
    But I think that every "old" game might eventually stop tho won't say this be on short note seen MS , they still have plans with the game .
    And aslong Nexon oversea plan to spend money in adding / changing it , it will be there .
    For me its a relax moment after I come home and in weekends to fill my time .
    And as long I been given to play this game and talk to youngsters [ friends] I probably will be there [ Reboot ] .
    People come & go in this game thats how life is - people go schools - get married - get a family - get busy - and just play less but there always will come younger / newer people .
    Let just sit down - relax and wait what the future has in stake for MS .
    Have fun and enjoy life aswell :)
    Fuhreak
  • ShinShin
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2022
    Smiliar story as the OP, though I actually met the mother of my child in Maple :)
    MapleStory isn't going anywhere as history has proven, it's here to stay that's more than I can say for other games.

With that in mind one can easily go at their own pace and not rush to get from A to B (you'd be doing yourself a disservice by creating your own FOMO).
    Maplestory is home, there's nothing else like it.