[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Adjust The Gameplay for f2p&f

MineatMineat
Reactions: 1,300
edited February 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been a long time forgotten BigWig, but let's face it.

Look at this game. We're wasting away at it. The money whales of the old are probably banned chars and human ghosts already, and everything is trying to be this game AND us. The average game on the console or at its earliest on the PC is made so you can play it, beat it and remember it anytime on the fly. Everything else like the butt-hurt celebs, superpowers and whatnot with human life is optional. I'm making a game studio too, and thought this is cool.

Now, I'm seeing retro pixels(2D, vector, 90's 3D) traded for newer pixels(whopping-data-based 3D, realistic 3D, dark universe 3D), game play taking years off your life/schedule though the 'fixed' imagination is nice, and the same good guy(/s) stay for the plot(hint: it's the good relationships canceled for more cash and older kids than your own.) As this becomes a real problem, it's getting further under the radar the more complex the games AND their tech get.

So, I've thought of a solution to keep maple on its feet while removing it as a chore. I want:

1. The number of features regarding stats drastically cut. Even the stats and equips themselves. There are mind jungles all over the game and the game's jungles barely scratch the surface on this. Trade them for readable displays, and we can advance to the real problem.

2. The monsters' weaknesses being fully exploitable by old stats after the stat roster reduction that dynamically and critically grow or weaken upon being hit. If this is done well, I hold you the king of MMOs. Should allow for EXP/stat buffs/nerfs more or less than the game's.

3. Time spent on mobs more rewarding, instead of drawing back in players unnecessarily to grind with drop/EXP-boosting items(except level pots). If the quest requirements can be much more dynamic, then more better community rules can apply.

4. Add. Every. Freaking. Good. Discount. To. The. Game. Wherever. Possible. In-game shops, NX, gameplay feature shops, you name it. Should draw in more attention to the game on its own like the rest I wanted or combine with any of them.

5. Make NPC relationships go farther. The sooner we can marry NPCs, the better. There's a little something in it for karma alongside this.

With this said, the gameplay, file size and overall difficulty should be greatly reduced. A good game should be one you can easily play and easily put down. Any more and it's just money down the toilet. What are your thoughts?
  1. Which change you like best?1 vote
    1. Drastic stat roster cut
       100% (1 vote)
    2. Revamped hunting system
       0% (0 votes)
    3. More rewarding mobs
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Discounts everywhere
       0% (0 votes)
    5. NPC relationships going further
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited February 2023
    idk if just me, but most of this thread is incomprehensible. Its probably a troll post.

But i guess i would just chime in regarding point #3,

i think they try to make "grinding" mobs more rewarding with things like elite monsters, portals, and elite bosses. And they seem to want to encourage less "grinding" in general with things such as hyper burning, symbol daily exp, boss mule crystals monster park expansions for higher levels, etc. So i think many people now are finding that they don't even want to grind much on mobs anyways, and those that do are probably sweaty enough to not mind their rates
    Mineat
  • MineatMineat
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited February 2023
    happycows wrote: »
    idk if just me, but most of this thread is incomprehensible. Its probably a troll post.

But i guess i would just chime in regarding point #3,

i think they try to make "grinding" mobs more rewarding with things like elite monsters, portals, and elite bosses. And they seem to want to encourage less "grinding" in general with things such as hyper burning, symbol daily exp, boss mule crystals monster park expansions for higher levels, etc. So i think many people now are finding that they don't even want to grind much on mobs anyways, and those that do are probably sweaty enough to not mind their rates

But you're spending LITERAL hours grinding at heckish game limits. I nearly miss bedtime after jumping in at 3-4pm while gaining little to no EXP/little mesos/level up and the limits are far from a retro game console's when doing a good 1p canon. The whales always abandon the community with TONS of money, leaving you wondering WIGW broke their hearts for it to happen and left out. With that said, I guess the creators wanted an alt reality to live in, I guess(it was much vulgar at early maple before kids got to it). I can't scale that.