[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dutch trading

AllowedAllowed
Reactions: 1,045
edited January 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's been awhile now since the. Dutch trading restrictions came into place. And not being able to trade/drop in regular server is actually very annoying. Mabinogi and Maplestory M removed those restriction ages ago, so why is the main maplestory still an exception? Please remove the restrictions.

Sumi

Comments

• SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2023
    Yea its just getting ridiculous. Lack of communication. Just feels like they don't care about the Dutch players in maplestory. Why remove it for some nexon games but not for others
  • AchnologniaAchnolognia
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2023
    In this case you would be barking up the wrong tree. It's the Dutch government with their limitations who have Nexon in a bind. Please read:
    - https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/68654/netherlands-trade-limitations
    - https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/69713/netherlands-trade-limitations-update

Reboot would be a smart choice. I do am of the impression a migration from Regular to Reboot for Dutch players should become available as a time-limited offer.
    The characters of these Dutch players to be migrated from regular to reboot without equipment, but with armor boxes to compensate to keep it fair.
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2023
    You don't have to tell me that I've been reading everything. And if I'm barking up the wrong tree like you said. Why did they remove the restrictions from mabinogi and vindictus? Why is there a difference in maple... They could have still made a difference instead of completely blocking us from trading and buying stuff. They could have blocked certain items to be sold or bought.

And I dont wanna go to reboot cause I got my community in the server I'm in. Even if I could move over all my chars I wouldn't cause my friends are in another server and that's not reboot
  • AchnologniaAchnolognia
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2023
    Sumi wrote: »
    Why did they remove the restrictions from mabinogi and vindictus?

I don't know. Though I agree that if the game contains Gacha or a Pay 2 Win mechanic this should fall under the same regulation as Maplestory. You can report these games at the contact form of the Dutch Government if it's unfair. A quick Google search will do.

They could have blocked certain items to be sold or bought.

Who would monitor this? Nexon will never put a full Full-Time Equivalent in place to monitor in-game trading. This would mean no NX can be used through the Action House or any MTX. To restrict this fully they would need to change this for everyone, globally.

And I dont wanna go to reboot cause I got my community in the server I'm in. Even if I could move over all my chars I wouldn't cause my friends are in another server and that's not reboot

This is a choice. Meaning you would need to cope with Nexon their decision and you should continue playing on Regular server. However, since even KMS regular server are trickling down and people are swapping to Reboot, I will welcome you with open arms.