[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the Union Trade Party Requirement.

JorjaxJorjax
Reactions: 865
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
^ Title,

Give options to enter Union Trade PQ without party requirement while the party play are more rewarded.

There aren't many players doing this other than one that are inside Guild/Alliance. We need MORE ACCESS to this PLS

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    That option already exists. It's called solo voyages...
    And the party option is indeed more rewarded.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

That option already exiss. It's called solo voyages...
    That's normal voyage... completely different from Union Trade PQ.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is it different?

Originally we only had the solo voyages.
    Then Nexon added the party option, which is pretty much the same thing - kill mobs and bosses, the bosses might drop sw equips or other goodies - but for a party and with higher drop rate.
    Now you want to remove the party requirement and reduce the rewards, which lands us right back at the solo voyages.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

H
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is it different?

Then Nexon added the party option, which is pretty much the same thing - kill mobs and bosses, the bosses might drop sw equips or other goodies - but for a party and with higher drop rate.
    Now you want to remove the party requirement and reduce the rewards, which lands us right back at the solo voyages.
    There is no such thing as "higher drop rate" it's the same as solo voyage. In fact, the drop rate is completely below the average compared to solo voyage. (Test through multi-runs ever since Commerci rework).

Additionally, Union Trade PQ are more favor in Guild / Alliance, so the chances of getting PQ is way lower than Guild-less/Dead-Guild. I am speaking this from experiences by the way.

There should be a better way to enter Union Trade other than "Guild-Base Party"

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I think the problem here is that the Union Trade is the only way to get denaros if one has no more and used up the stimulus option. Having that as the only method of getting denaros mean players have to rely on partying with others just to be able to solo again. And most of the time, people don't go with randoms.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I think the problem here is that the Union Trade is the only way to get denaros if one has no more and used up the stimulus option. Having that as the only method of getting denaros mean players have to rely on partying with others just to be able to solo again. And most of the time, people don't go with randoms.
    Quite frankly, I feel that if you manage to run out of denaros twice, you deserve to have a hard time getting into a PQ to get some more.
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is it different?

There is no such thing as "higher drop rate" it's the same as solo voyage. In fact, the drop rate is completely below the average compared to solo voyage. (Test through multi-runs ever since Commerci rework).

Additionally, Union Trade PQ are more favor in Guild / Alliance, so the chances of getting PQ is way lower than Guild-less/Dead-Guild. I am speaking this from experiences by the way.

If the drop rate is no better, then why is it so important to let people do it even if they have no guild or buddies?
  • JorjaxJorjax
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Quite frankly, I feel that if you manage to run out of denaros twice, you deserve to have a hard time getting into a PQ to get some more.
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is it different?

If the drop rate is no better, then why is it so important to let people do it even if they have no guild or buddies?
    To answer that question.. it's obvious denaros. Ever since the drop rate isn't as good as it used to be, everyone running Union Trade PQ is mainly aiming for Denaros Coins.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

To answer that question.. it's obvious denaros. Ever since the drop rate isn't as good as it used to be, everyone running Union Trade PQ is mainly aiming for Denaros Coins.
    These denaros reward people for having friends.
    You still get denaro for solo voyaging, too. It's just slower if you can't do both.

I'm sorry. While I understand that Maple is much less populated than it used to be, and people want to be allowed to solo everything, in the case of Union PQ it's not justified. The PQ doesn't give anything that you can't get solo, it just gives more of it, which is as it should be.
    By your logic, maybe we should also ask to get party bonus exp even if we're training alone, because it's too hard to find someone to train with?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    So let me see if I'm understanding this.

You want to go on a Union voyage by yourself or, if you will, solo?

You want to do something that, by its very name, implies the need for a party, by yourself?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

So let me see if I'm understanding this.

You want to go on a Union voyage by yourself or, if you will, solo?

You want to do something that, by its very name, implies the need for a party, by yourself?
    while they're at it they should just take every one of the popular items that are sold in the FM and just put them in a meso shop to further reduce my reliance on others.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Nice subtle, 'i'm not getting Sweet Water equips for shet, so let me do Union PQ x 3 solo.'

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Ye-no, I'm not supporting this suggestion.
    xLapis
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    I don't want them soloable either. But an option to duo would be nice. My guildie is from AU and my buddy is from the US. We have never done commerci PQ because of this.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    This is the exact thing I've said before. Everyone whines about complains WAAAAAAAH SOLOSTORY NEXON NEVER DOES ANYTHING TO GIVE US INCENTIVE TO PARTY UP THEY KILL PARTIES, but then when you actually have something that necessitates partying up, you sit there and cry about how you can never find people to do it with so they should remove the party requirement

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS

Do you want things that require you to be in a party? Or do you want more SoloStory™?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    Union party is different from the run itself. Rewards chances are different. and the monsters/ bosses have a lot more hp. Yes, most commerci runs are joined by the alliance. There are no people waiting and spamming R> COMMERCI/ J>COMMERCI-- since everything is organized in buddy/ alliance (guilds).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Union party is different from the run itself. Rewards chances are different. and the monsters/ bosses have a lot more hp. Yes, most commerci runs are joined by the alliance. There are no people waiting and spamming R> COMMERCI/ J>COMMERCI-- since everything is organized in buddy/ alliance (guilds).
    They're also significantly shorter in duration than solo voyages. Which is likely a compensatory factor based on what you listed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Depends where.
    In Reboot I see a lot of J> and R> at the Union Dock. Presumably it works.
    In other, less populated worlds, the chances of finding a party that way are a lot lower.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    If it were to be changed maybe just a duo party option. Not that finding 3 is a nightmare but its way easier and more convenient to duo bosses/pq's like that with the lack of population the game used to have. My main issue is always finding a 3rd person honestly. Shouldn't be solo-able though lol defeats the purpose
    KerBansotyoon_