[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Exploited Mesos Circulating Scania

TwinArrowyTwinArrowy
Reactions: 800
edited March 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Recently a numerous people in Scania has faced permanent bans due to receiving exploited mesos over the past few weeks. The problem is the news is that there has been players have been banned unjustly under the reason for "exploit" because they had inadvertently got in possession of those illegitimately obtained mesos due to in-game transactions (e.g. through Auction House).

This whole situation makes me feel unsafe because if I make sales through in-game markets, there is always a chance that these illicit mesos can come into my possession without my knowing, potentially putting me at risk. This whole thing could happen to anyone right now. We should not be needing to play in constant fear of knowing our accounts are in risk of these exploited mesos.
Moreover, this isn't fair for the people who were banned unjustly because they got in possession of exploited mesos without their knowing.

I have sent in a support ticket, and they have started looking into this matter. They have suggested to post this subject on the forums, so that the game team who is looking into this issue can get more info and feedback from other people and on how they feel about this situation when they have a look.
What are your thoughts on the situation?

Comments

• purelinkpurelink
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2023
    Some of my good friends who actively sell and buy items out of the Auction house were banned. it makes me also scared to buy and sell in Auction knowing that illicit mesos are floating around. this is not fair for my friends either because they have lost their accounts because of someone else exploiting the game. I hope this issue can be resolved so i can safely buy from auction house again without the fear of being banned.
    TwinArrowy
  • DarkMoon83DarkMoon83
    Reactions: 110
    I got some friends who were banned for similar reasons. They were just doing normal MS gaming which was buying/selling on AH. We all know the importance of AH for all gamers. It is not fair for my friends who got banned because someone brought their items using exploited mesos at which they were not awared of. Please remove their ban. I would really like to have my friends back playing with me. Thank you and greatly appreciated.
    TwinArrowy
  • ImaPFImaPF
    Reactions: 110
    I completely agree. I understand banning the people that conduct the meso exploit, but to ban someone who came into possession of exploited mesos is unfair. How are we supposed to know if the mesos are obtained through an exploit ? Does this mean I can't sell things in the auction house or trade with other players now ? I would hate to get banned for selling my item and unknowingly getting exploited mesos... Truly makes the game more dangerous and stressful for normal players.
    TwinArrowy
  • BlueEggBlueEgg
    Reactions: 310
    A lot of my friends also got banned. Low key also kind of concerning because they were buying/selling from AH. Now I don't really have any real life friends left in Maple anymore - some of which I've played with since big bang. How can I use the AH safely? How can I merch in non-reboot or even sell items I'm cubing without risk of ban.
    TwinArrowy
  • PardonPardon
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2023
    TwinArrowy wrote: »
    Recently a numerous people in Scania has faced permanent bans due to receiving exploited mesos over the past few weeks. The problem is the news is that there has been players have been banned unjustly under the reason for "exploit" because they had inadvertently got in possession of those illegitimately obtained mesos due to in-game transactions (e.g. through Auction House).

This whole situation makes me feel unsafe because if I make sales through in-game markets, there is always a chance that these illicit mesos can come into my possession without my knowing, potentially putting me at risk. This whole thing could happen to anyone right now. We should not be needing to play in constant fear of knowing our accounts are in risk of these exploited mesos.
    Moreover, this isn't fair for the people who were banned unjustly because they got in possession of exploited mesos without their knowing.

I have sent in a support ticket, and they have started looking into this matter. They have suggested to post this subject on the forums, so that the game team who is looking into this issue can get more info and feedback from other people and on how they feel about this situation when they have a look.
    What are your thoughts on the situation?

Can Dm the ticket number and igns and I'll see if we can get any information on it.
  • PardonPardon
    edited April 2023
    Same for the rest can dm me igns or ticket numbers or both.
  • PardonPardon
    edited April 2023
    After a manual review the AH is safe, the people in question have broken Tos in some shape or form and the bans will be upheld.
This discussion has been closed.