[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dutch restrictions and the Dutch authorities

AngelMelodyAngelMelody
Reactions: 1,170
edited May 2023 in General Chat
Since 3 months ago, I wondered why the Dutch restrictions wasn't removed. So I dived in this case and gathered answers from the Dutch authority "Kansspelautoriteiten" and from NEXON. Due to that it wasn't clarified on the MapleStory website which law had stated that Dutch players aren't allowed to trade (meanwhile, in other different games, it is allowed to trade except opening lootboxes).

I've explained all in details about the Dutch restriction implemented by NEXON (boss-items, potions and or items dropped by monsters and mesos) to the Dutch authorities.
So here I got the answer from the Dutch authority via the mail where they sent me the court case of EA FIFA as an example to explain the lootbox law. In the case of EA FIFA, players obtained from those lootboxes cannot be seen as a separate game. That's the reason why EA had won the case and the restrictions were lifted.
I see this way the same for boss-items, items dropped by monsters ect, that they cannot be seen as a separate game and are needed in order to progress further in-game.

The other day, NEXON senior player support asked me to send them an attorney.
I will tell you the reason why an attorney is needed: they are the only ones who can do everything legally and fix all problems legally (since they are the ones who know a lot of laws). Basically everything what's law related, handling restrictions needs to be handled legally, and this counts the same for the implemented Dutch restrictions by NEXON.

That's why this Dutch restriction issue is a complex situation.

So what's next?
I'm kind of stuck currently with the attorney, as in money related, it won't be cheap and as I already know I cannot pay this on my own.
But I don't want to give up this case for all my fellow Dutch players. After 3 months of digging into this case, I am still trying to solve this issue.
The attorney is currently my last option to solve the issue for all Dutch players.

For the players who say "NEXON doesn't care about Dutch players or why are you still trying": you're wrong, they are open to solve this issue, but everything needs to be handled legally (this is because to prevent even more money loss or the worst case that the Dutch country can fine gaming organisations even more money).
LagsOlandeseKennen

Comments

• NobleEvanNobleEvan
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited May 2023
    from my point of view, many thank you's for your efford so far are in place!
    at this point i can see 2 options to this attorney issue.

Either there is an attorney in the dutch playerbase that is willing to help out and move on with the information provided
    or you can try to get a 'go fund me' :smiley:
  • OlandeseOlandese
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited May 2023
    i know right, its so stupid we cant use AH, what world are you from? iam dutch and from bera.
  • AngelMelodyAngelMelody
    edited May 2023
    Olandese wrote: »
    i know right, its so stupid we cant use AH, what world are you from? iam dutch and from bera.

I'm a Dutch player from Luna, been playing there since 2009 (former EMS Kradia)
    Olandese
  • WonhoWonho
    Reactions: 940
    edited May 2023
    Just wanted to wish you good luck with this case since it's not easy to change things legally. But it's admirable that you're fighting this time-consuming and financial -exhausting case for all the Dutch players and it's good to know that NEXON is willing to cooperate if the means are presented to them.

Can you or do you want to disclose the costs involving attorney and court?
    Would you like for the community to help you out financially or any other kind of form?

Perhaps there are Dutch players who know attorneys who work pro deo/pro bono or maybe there are players who are law students and know way to support this case. I used to play with a Dutch guy who was studying law. If you do seek support then consider posting this also on the Maplestory reddit.
    You could also make an own youtube video, explaining the case and asking for support or contact CopperSan who has a huge following on all kinds of social media platforms.
  • AngelMelodyAngelMelody
    edited June 2023
    Wonho wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish you good luck with this case since it's not easy to change things legally. But it's admirable that you're fighting this time-consuming and financial -exhausting case for all the Dutch players and it's good to know that NEXON is willing to cooperate if the means are presented to them.

Can you or do you want to disclose the costs involving attorney and court?
    Would you like for the community to help you out financially or any other kind of form?

Perhaps there are Dutch players who know attorneys who work pro deo/pro bono or maybe there are players who are law students and know way to support this case. I used to play with a Dutch guy who was studying law. If you do seek support then consider posting this also on the Maplestory reddit.
    You could also make an own youtube video, explaining the case and asking for support or contact CopperSan who has a huge following on all kinds of social media platforms.

Currently I am waiting out for answers on mails, but I will keep it up to date here about the attorneys.
    I made a post a while ago on MapleStory Reddit, but the post have been removed by the admins.
    Coppersan is up to date about this situation 3 weeks ago (and or other streamers).
    I also talked to students who study laws, but the problem is that they do not have rights to help or even solve this case. So a graduated attorney can only help.
  • SaliziiaSaliziia
    Reactions: 540
    edited June 2023
    Thanks so much from a fellow Dutch player!!! Have you thought about starting a go fund me for these costs? I’m sure many people would contribute!
  • YabaiGaiYabaiGai
    Reactions: 620
    edited June 2023
    Nexon should be the ones that are putting the effort in to pay for an attorney and get this issue resolved... not a player that loves the game and is locked out from play. not really proving the point of Nexon "caring".
  • KennenKennen
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2023
    Any update on this?
  • ElasticoEMSElasticoEMS
    Reactions: 820
    edited August 2023
    Any updates on this? I've seen some Nexon games where Dutch people are allowed to trade again.
    I'd love to be able to PROPERLY enjoy this game again.
  • OlandeseOlandese
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited September 2023
    Make the Netherlands great again~