[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dissatisfaction with Nexon Development - Kanna

Fabio_MFabio_M
Reactions: 940
edited August 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,
I would like to express my absolute dissatisfaction with the way Nexon Development have been dealing with the class "Kanna".

These are some things that have been said in patch notes:

This patch - "we decided to focus on kanna's damage rather than the party support ability"
Result - every strong-ish kanna, that does hard bosses, or is close or already in the "endgame", clearing seren etc has been NERFED AGAIN on their overal and solo damage

-> 33%final damage changed to 15% final damage + 100% boss damage means if you have over 539% damage%+boss damage% in total on the Kanna, this change will mean you deal less damage overall, and because damage and boss damage are much easier to get than final damage, because we have familiars, set bonuses, potion buffs, link skills (AB link for example), etc etc etc, its very easy for a strong-ish kanna to reach over the treshold where they actualy do less damage now than before.

Not even mentioning the fact that their boss party play got absolutely destroyed because every single support in the game brings more benefits to the party than a kanna other than the 15 seconds bind which is unique for Kanna* (more on this at the end)

22 March 2023 - "At this time, we don't have any plans to make any significant changes to the numbers or mechanics in the short term. We will prepare our future revamp by listening to our player's opinions as well so there isn't a part that is wrongly balanced"

This is just a flurry of lies - 4 months after saying they have no plans to make changes, they nerf Kanna more;

"listeling to our player's opinions"
- Another blatant LIE, no Kanna main opinion has been heard whatsoever, or atleast thats what it looks like.
Yes, the domain nerf was agreed upon by everyone that it was needed, but these are just some points that were conveyed to the CMs:

Kanna has a cooldown on her upjump, unlike any other class;

vanquisher's charm cooldown starts at the end of the cast, making it basicaly 70 seconds instead of the 60 seconds it has on the tooltip, same thing with great oni lord's legion, because the cooldown says 180secs but it only starts to count after the skill is over, making it 4 minutes total (!);

Sengoku force buffs are random, if the Kanna doesn't get Ayame to spawn on her sengoku force use during her burst, her damage is severely impacted because Ayame is much better than the other spawns;

Kishin shoukan, despite being stripped of their spawn increase, still have a 60 second cooldown, doesn't make any sense when you remember that the skill damage itself was buffed to offset previous nerfs, but you cant recast this IMMOBILE (and finnicky with weird terrains) skill on any boss run, unless you wait a whole minute;

Spirit circle and doppleganger being a huge part of kanna's damage, work almost randomly, it's very hard to time them properly with burst because there's no way of a kanna to control their spawn if they are trying to deal actual damage to a boss;

Kanna has to use animation cancels and several skills just to be competitive with other classes (we even get forced into using something like windows sticky keys on our keyboard), just to be dealing less damage than any other class anyway;

Bellflower and Blossom barriers sometimes take several key presses and several seconds of holding down the key to spawn the barrier itself; same thing with Yuki, and yuki also stops healing you after you die, oh about that, domain goes away if you die too, but not for your party members, only for the Kanna herself;

Kanna has 0 Ignore Enemy Defense passive sources in her WHOLE kit, and then haku fan doesnt pass any stats other than Magic Attack, Int and all stat, so we're stuck on having to get 1 or 2 IED lines on weapon/emblem, or IED familiars to solve this issue when most classes can run 9 lines of attack/m.attack on their weapon/secondary/emblem and 3 full boss damage familiars with no problem at all, same thing goes to critical rate, kanna has a very low ammount, and finally, final damage, which is very very poor too;

- Right now, a player that is leveling a kanna, reaches level 100, unlocks her 4th job, unlocks vanquisher's charm, but they CAN'T USE IT, because of the mana it uses, and they still dont have access to Yuki Ona Summon (5th job), so... vanquisher's charm is a hurricane style skill that works for 10 seconds? well... you can only use it for 2 seconds because you're out of mana, you better spend your very limited and precious hyper stat after level 140 on buffing your mana...

All of the above was specificaly told to community managers, and they say they convey our messages to the dev teams, only for us to hear NOTHING in return, and then just get nerfs upon nerfs on our class.

About supporting:
*Kanna is now the worst support out of every support option for non-burst focused bossing.
Kanna gives 21.75%fd with 39% uptime (burst), 6.75%fd with 100% uptime if on barrier = ~8.5% fd 100% uptime
so we give:
less than bishop (60-70% during burst, 15% 100% uptime)
less than bam (22.5%, 100% uptime)
more than dw (15%, 100% uptime)
more than mech (12%, 100% uptime)
more than bw (19%, 100% uptime)

Now let's talk about IED:
paladin (50%), bishop (44%), nl (41%), exp pirate (25%), dw (20%), merc (51%), wind archer (10%), phantom (20%), ds (15%), da (31%), bam (20%), mech (10%), cadena (30%), zero (50%), kinesis (25%), illium (20%), hoyoung (20%)
... you guessed it - kanna (0%)

Long story short, I have almost 14 thousand hours in Maplestory, mostly from europe reboot, my voyage that I started back in march 2020, working from home because of COVID.. And now - most of these hours feel like a TOTAL WASTE because they were sunk into a class that has seen no love whatsoever, and all I feel sorrow from all this misstreatment, that makes me want to quit this game because I just feel hopeless and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Please do something about my beloved Kanna, please listen to us players, please listen to the community managers that are so good at communicating with us most of the time...Please...

Fabio M.

Comments

• Fabio_MFabio_M
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2023
    I really love the silence we're getting, seems like they really don't care about anything we say, think or feel, not even a comment saying they're reading what we write. NOTHING.