[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

6th Star Star Pieces requirements

vomyvomy
Reactions: 900
edited October 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It was just announced yesterday that you are required to have ALL star pieces in the same world yesterday after 3 of the chapters came out. As someone who plays both the regular and reboot server I have already collected the star pieces in different worlds before they announced this. Since there was no information on what the star pieces do in the patch notes I assumed it didn't matter which world I collected the star pieces on.

For the people who missed it in the patch notes:
[Updated 10/4] Note: That all Star Pieces need to be in the same world in order to complete the Sixth Chapter. Therefore, please make sure to claim all Star Pieces on the same world.

They should of announced this at the start of the event where I could of made a informed decision on whether I whether to collect all the chapter rewards on the same world or provided the option to select which world you want to collect the star on as long as you have completed the chapter missions. Since this event is account wide, they should check the requirements for the 6th star pieces account wide (ie. sign into the world that has the star piece to check in for that day and select which world you would want to keep the rewards on).

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    i figured it out on my own without the need of such announcement
    i had 2 guesses

either all of them are needed to unlock the stuff in chapter 6 or each one would unlock something in it separetly from the other pieces
    those were the guesses i had

as for collecting them accross different worlds that seem like a strange thing to do

here the best part though...how many ppl do you think threw them away ? XD knowing ppl iwould think at least 30-60% threw them away

my concern is chapter 5 because hand shake icon
    very likely to be guild stuff related or have X friends on friend list which is rather not good for me since i barely have 6 ppl on friend list...and guild wise i have "no" guild.... or rather not in a normal guild.....the guild i'am in is self-made and its just me, my alts and 2 friends which is going to be problematic
    since its likely gonna require 5 members for it

i expect the following
    mini-guild race clear under X time
    get X score versus sharenian culvert
    have X members online at the same time
    have X amount of friends
    defeat bosses while in a guild group
    defeat bosses with a friend

not sure what the rest could be

well....even if i got chapter1-4 stars atm..i'am not sure i be able to claim the fifth star one base on my current standing in-game

EDIT: well.....you be lucky if they do anything about it....there might be an announcement within a week if they bother with it after they receive enough complains in regard to it...so make sure to shout loudly enough in their disc(if you can)...in my case i can't even post on their disc....they ask me to register my phone(or iphone ?) if iphone i dont have 1 :S
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2023
    Two different worlds are basically completely different games, tossing the pieces away from one world and keep them on another is pure stupidity on your part no matter how you spin it and you are the one 100% to blame for this mess up.

You get an unexplained ETC item reward for completing each chapter is a clear enough hint that you should keep it for later.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    i figured it out on my own without the need of such announcement
    i had 2 guesses

either all of them are needed to unlock the stuff in chapter 6 or each one would unlock something in it separetly from the other pieces
    those were the guesses i had

as for collecting them accross different worlds that seem like a strange thing to do

here the best part though...how many ppl do you think threw them away ? XD knowing ppl iwould think at least 30-60% threw them away

my concern is chapter 5 because hand shake icon
    very likely to be guild stuff related or have X friends on friend list which is rather not good for me since i barely have 6 ppl on friend list...and guild wise i have "no" guild.... or rather not in a normal guild.....the guild i'am in is self-made and its just me, my alts and 2 friends which is going to be problematic
    since its likely gonna require 5 members for it

i expect the following
    mini-guild race clear under X time
    get X score versus sharenian culvert
    have X members online at the same time
    have X amount of friends
    defeat bosses while in a guild group
    defeat bosses with a friend

not sure what the rest could be

well....even if i got chapter1-4 stars atm..i'am not sure i be able to claim the fifth star one base on my current standing in-game

EDIT: well.....you be lucky if they do anything about it....there might be an announcement within a week if they bother with it after they receive enough complains in regard to it...so make sure to shout loudly enough in their disc(if you can)...in my case i can't even post on their disc....they ask me to register my phone(or iphone ?) if iphone i dont have 1 :S

1. Stuff like rock-paper-scissors you can do with one person and just swap to different characters 10x and set up win trading. You do your 10, then he does his 10 on you, remember to fame the person each time you rock paper scissors because losing costs -1 fame.

2. Faming is just fame a random person every day for 5 days.

Flag race and guild contribution you obviously need to be in a guild for, but it is not hard to join a guild.
    3. Flag race do it to completion 3x for the 40 stars.
    4. Guild Contribution can be solo'd daily cap with weekly bosses (daily bosses give a lot less) or find at least 1 person [in the same guild as you] to kill normal RA together for 6 days of GP capping, daily cap for GP is 5,000 points no matter what.

5. 5th one you can try to find 5 other people in the same class-type as you and do the photo or something like find the 6 broken star fragments in 6 specific locations.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    lol Stac XD these were just my guesses b4 they announced chapter 5 XD

..the after reveal had me feel relief that it wasn't too centric on friend list//guild stuff

1, finish with that already
    2, got progress on it
    3, might have to give up on that unless the only 2 of the 3 friend in my guild are up for that(2 of them seem more interest toward the pq challenge)... literaly a 4 players guild(myself include as the gm)...gonna need a fifth eventually to unlock guild castle
    4. almost 20k already(thx to alts)
    5.done already....sending a mega to ppl made a mass amount of thieves teleport to require map....Hall of Thieves would of been a pain to get in but a friend told me about using teleport rock on a certain player to get inside(i guess thx for the few ppl that did volunteer to charity helping to help ppl who could not go in normally)
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited October 2023
    vomy wrote: »
    They should of announced this at the start of the event

Don't you mean, "should have."