[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMS has 5th Job, yet in GMS, we're taking forever.

NotDoctorsScientistsNotDoctorsScientists
Reactions: 945
edited November 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Seriously Nexon? Why make us wait T-T

Comments

• RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Because were are 6 months behind with all patches of KMS right now.
    Lilyflower
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    We were around 7-8 months behind KMS a month or so ago, but we closed the gap toward 6 months with v.177. If anything, it looks to be getting quicker.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    Cause perfection takes time even when translating a bunch of code from Korean to English. Be patient its coming
    LilyflowerInfinityDusk
  • ForelordForelord
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    probably because of translations and trying to fit it with our servers : ^)
  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    also you need to realize we aren't just getting 5th we also getting Arcane River(an ABSLOTLY HUGE AREA THAT MAKES SCARPYARD LOOK TINY)
    IDontKnowWhatMyNameIs
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    V update is one of the larger updates to ever hit Maplestory (behind only BB, RED and Unleashed), and historically Nexon always places the larger updates in the Summer and Winter. The first part of our Winter update will drop later this month, and we have confirmation it will be at least a little bit related to the V update (though it will probably be pre events imo) due to the event calendar in game showing its rewards as being V coins. 5TH job update is actually right on time for GMS
    Lilyflower
  • JerenSoonJerenSoon
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2016
    No worries... I bet GMS will get the V update very soon after MSEA made it(Venshi told me Maple V is coming soon in SEA server)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

No worries... I bet GMS will get the V update very soon after MSEA made it(Venshi told me Maple V is coming soon in SEA server)
    Not just "soon", SEA will be the first English-speaking region to receive the V update. The trailer for the update was released today, they'll be getting V on the 16th.

Their micro-site is online as well, and contains some really short previews of the skills (translated to English).
    Here's 4 seconds of Zen's skill.
    Hayato.
    Kanna.
  • JerenSoonJerenSoon
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2016
    That's what I'm saying for English-speaking region.

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

Speaking about 5th Job Skill:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdq6L7sEuD1KhH-18SuniTljZUoGdAIIo
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

for some reason this got me hyped when seeing 5th job skill, of course were the last ones getting the update.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

for some reason this got me hyped when seeing 5th job skill, of course were the last ones getting the update.

not last, MSEA is the first to be receiving it from the looks of things (besides KMS)
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Lilyflower

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

not last, MSEA is the first to be receiving it from the looks of things (besides KMS)
    @.@ this is confusing I thought kms receive the 5th job update thank you for information but why it's taking so long in gms since MSEA is getting it first.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Catooolooo

Lilyflower

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

@.@ this is confusing I thought kms receive the 5th job update thank you for information but why it's taking so long in gms since MSEA is getting it first.

Obviously KMS had it first.
    MSEA is the first English-speaking region to get it.

And I assume the reason GMS is taking so long is because they were busy with the EMS migration. Remember that was supposed to be complete a month and a half ago, and something blew up, so they had to divert resources to getting it done.

Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Lilyflower

Catooolooo

Lilyflower

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

V update:
    MSEA-->GMS

And I assume the reason GMS is taking so long is because they were busy with the EMS migration. Remember that was supposed to be complete a month and a half ago, and something blew up, so they had to divert resources to getting it done.

at last someone with understanding thank you i dont know what the person said above me making it more confusing.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I was saying that MSEA is actually the first outside of KMS to receive the V update at all, as CMS and GMS are still on the Secret stories/Hidden tales patch, JMS is on a Re:Zero Crossover patch and TMS is doing some sort of company celebration.
    I was just saying that GMS is not the last to receive the 5th job update, MSEA was just the first outside of KMS.

I'm also pretty sure the merge didn't effect/ delay the V patch as we still have some events that start this week and will go until the 29th one of them is the coin exchange. I think the only thing that caused delay was our regional holidays (thanksgiving)

and due to all of the rest of the events ending at the 29th along with the coin exchange event, I'd say the 29th is when we get V, Keep your eyes on the lookout for the highlights/preview for the next couple of weeks

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

Not just "soon", SEA will be the first English-speaking region to receive the V update. The trailer for the update was released today, they'll be getting V on the 16th.

Their micro-site is online as well, and contains some really short previews of the skills (translated to English).
    Hayato.
    Kanna.
    the KMS teaser looked cooler though

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

Neospector

JerenSoon
    JerenSoon said:

Hayato.
    Kanna.
    the KMS teaser looked cooler though

the KMS teaser was part of a bigger reveal event they had in Seoul, it's not surprising that KMS had a better trailer than MSEA did.

I mean if you're making an update trailer for a Live In-person update reveal event, it should be good.

It's like comparing an E3 Reveal trailer/ Teaser to whatever commercial they end up using for T.V./ youtube commercial
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I was saying that MSEA is actually the first outside of KMS to receive the V update at all, as CMS and GMS are still on the Secret stories/Hidden tales patch, JMS is on a Re:Zero Crossover patch and TMS is doing some sort of company celebration.
    I was just saying that GMS is not the last to receive the 5th job update, MSEA was just the first outside of KMS.

I'm also pretty sure the merge didn't effect/ delay the V patch as we still have some events that start this week and will go until the 29th one of them is the coin exchange. I think the only thing that caused delay was our regional holidays (thanksgiving)

and due to all of the rest of the events ending at the 29th along with the coin exchange event, I'd say the 29th is when we get V, Keep your eyes on the lookout for the highlights/preview for the next couple of weeks

No actually it's the 30th since 29th is still the last day of the events.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Still biding my time for this update. Waiting until 5th job is out for all classes, not just the original KMS ones.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

Still biding my time for this update. Waiting until 5th job is out for all classes, not just the original KMS ones.
    it will be out for all classes currently released, except for maybe Beast Tamer is the only one I've not seen, but I heard the concept is summoning all 4 of her animals to attack.