[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Delete Ursus

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,475
edited April 16 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ursus has lost his way, is no longer fun content to do, and does not really help out new players and really is just padding the pockets of the sweaty players further.
If you lag at all, you cannot get a hit in and lose out on your mesos.
Even if you don't lag and get your mesos, the boss instantly dies anyways for something that was meant to be this huge, epic 18-man raid boss.

I would much rather see Ursus deleted and instead give Gollux a boss crystal (5x for Heroic Worlds like the other boss crystals) which its value is based on difficulty and/or buff up Maple Tour mesos further and make Maple Tour give 6x mesos for Heroic Worlds so that it properly matches the mesos multiplier.

That or create entirely new content to replace Ursus to properly fulfill that 18-man raid boss dream (but make it easy content for new players can do it, and is just a HP sponge instead).

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited April 18
    so this is why you didn't like my Gollux suggestion to give an even amount of mesos as Ursus would give b4...you got a potato and is mad that other players got an edge on you
    so its safe to assume that you see ppl being able to defeat gollux as having an edge

i'am still suggesting 110M crystal for Hellux which is the same amount as Ursus does give to character lvl 260 for 3X runs during 2X mesos hours
    100M for hard
    90M for Normal
    and 85M for easy

and sweaty player ? your kidding yourself...2 mins for 3 runs is being hardcore play now ?....

while Ursus may have ended up not being this hard boss...with how long he been out what your asking is unfair to new players
    especially that you want the Crystal to not be the equivalent to Ursus if its given to Gollux

or would you be okay for GMS to give an amount equal to new players//half-new for how long he been out ?
    110M X 365 day X 8 year = 321 200 000 000 mesos..if your okay with all new players receiving that then deal...at least half of it
    that would put newer players on fair ground to get that much..Nexon can just track for how long each account been created and distribute money base on it
    miss 8 years ? 321 200 000 000 mesos
    miss 7 years ? 281 050 000 000 mesos
    miss 6 years ? 240 900 000 000 mesos
    miss 5 years ? 200 750 000 000 mesos
    miss 4 years ? 160 600 000 000 mesos
    miss 3 years ? 120 450 000 000 mesos
    miss 2 years ? 80 300 000 000 mesos
    miss 1 years ? 40 150 000 000 mesos

if half of it ?
    miss 8 years ? 160 600 000 000 mesos
    miss 7 years ? 140 525 000 000 mesos
    miss 6 years ? 120 450 000 000 mesos
    miss 5 years ? 100 375 000 000 mesos
    miss 4 years ? 80 300 000 000 mesos
    miss 3 years ? 60 225 000 000 mesos
    miss 2 years ? 40 150 000 000 mesos
    miss 1 years ? 20 075 000 000 mesos

to be fair to veterans i think at least half would be fair....at least new players would not feel like they missed out too much
    and that give them a way to catch to veteran.....

dont ask unfairness to new players by having him remove and getting that income
    much more difficult with lower values on top of it

him staying is a good option ...alternatively gollux need an equivalent in prices so new players can farm
    mesos and receive an equal pay like all the veterans have in an easy way if Ursus were to be remove
    if NX isn't gonna give out a ton of mesos to new players

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 19
    Giving Gollux a crystal worth that much is an extremely awful idea as players who are established like me could easily just run the content multiple times a day to easily rake in billions a day when it's supposed to replace content that only gives 700m a week.
    You'd be better off boosting maple tour but then you also run into the problem of even more pay to win.

Ursus is fine. The "solution" you're asking for would only help the "sweaty players" even more, players like me don't even bother with ursus because 100m a day isn't worth our time.
    RedRaven wrote: »
    i'am still suggesting 110M crystal for Hellux which is the same amount as Ursus does give to character lvl 260 for 3X runs during 2X mesos hours
    100M for hard
    90M for Normal
    and 85M for easy

I could easily bring in billions of meso every single day under this suggestion. Gollux takes even less time than Ursus since it only has to be run once and teleports you directly to the head.
    Getting to Hellux levels isn't very hard to do so just imagine someone running it say, 20 times a day along side their normal weekly bossing. This would allow them to easily crystal cap while also bringing in 15.4b from just Gollux alone.
  • StaconaStacona
    edited April 19
    I think the best would be a hybrid of more mesos on Maple Tour since it is once [2x/7x] per account and easy content that everyone can do and Gollux having a boss crystal for a daily source of mesos and not have it be too good this way since that boss' crystal is once per day per character.

This fulfills mesos for everyone that Ursus would have given more/less and reduce daily load by 1.

And a stronger maple tour supplies the game with more real money because of the extra runs, more incentive for purchasing the extra runs.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited April 29
    Fuhreak:my bad..i overlooked that.....forgot to account that Gollux can get mass killed everyday using multi-char :S

in that case what i thought would not work....scrap my suggestion.....

Starcona: i never done Maple Tour....seemed to be pain content when i read the quest months ago so opted to no bother with it
    how long would it take to get that done ?

EDIT: moving the idea i posted in this msg to a new thread since Ursus gonna stay...i feel like it be a waste if it stay lost in the middle of multi-posts
    ....also gonna add additionnal suggestions to it....i gotten more ideas to make it even more appealing
  • StaconaStacona
    edited April 19
    Maple Tour is basically a 2 seconds daily.
  • PHDSkylaPHDSkyla
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited April 26
    Stacona wrote: »
    Maple Tour is basically a 2 seconds daily.

It takes more time for me to do 2 Maple Tour runs than it does to deal 10% damage to ursus and intentionally die out while soloing 3 times.