[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Battle Mage and Kanna Support Improvements

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,850
edited May 28 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It be nice to see more supports in the game, both increasing support performance of some current jobs while adding in brand new jobs that are true supports!

Battle Mage:

Draining Aura:
~ Active Rework (Passive unchanged): Heals self and nearby party members for 10% HP +1% per 5,000 INT per second.

Blue Aura:
~ Active Rework: Cleanses all abnormal status on self and nearby party members once every 5 seconds and grants 5% +1% per 10,000 INT damage reduction (including attacks that deal % HP damage).
~ Passive: Abnormal and elemental resistance increased to 40 from 30.

~ Blue Aura - Dispel Magic (Hyper Passive): Cleanse is now every 3 seconds instead of every 5 seconds. Adds on +10 Status and Elemental Resistance for party members and self.

Aura Scythe:
~ New Effect: While the active is not in effect and the skill is on cooldown, can activate Aura Scythe to cause all of the auras to be active at once at the cost of 10x their usual MP cost and receive 50% reduced MP recovery from all sources. Effect is disabled if Battle Mage has insufficient MP.

Offering more meaningful red and blue auras for current MapleStory and really promoting Battle Mage's supportive side a lot better. Opening up the option to have 100% uptime on all of the auras being active at the same time rather than only during Aura Scythe's duration, but at the cost of being a huge MP dump, to create more interesting decisions on the Battle Mage's part.

Kanna:

Blossom Barrier:
~ Reworked:
- Kanna summons a barrier for 100 seconds that causes party members and self that are inside to receive 25% +1% per 1,000 INT increased healing from all sources and cleanses all abnormal status every 8 -1 per 10,000 INT seconds, minimum every 2 seconds.
- Cooldown: 100 seconds (hyper passive still reduces this by 90%)
~ Barrier size increased by roughly ~50% than its current size.
~ Passive Added: Kanna gains 30 status and elemental resistance.

More useful this way and better combos with Falling Sakura's healing and a dispel effect feels a lot more impactful than having some status resistance.

Bellflower Barrier:
~ Barrier size increased by roughly ~50% than its current size.

As current boss design is very active and the boss is both moving around a lot while throwing out a bunch of attacks, larger barriers are needed so that they can actually be utilized and not feel like a death sentence when the player wants to use it. The barriers might need to be increased even greater than this.

Falling Sakura:
~ Reworked:
- Kanna summons a cherry blossom tree in front of her for 10 seconds [increased with minion duration] to heal nearby party members and self for 20% HP per second.
- Cooldown: 15 seconds.

No longer deals damage or applies a burst healing, only is a healing summon while active.

Binding Tempest:
~ Reworked:
- Kanna throws a charm to deal 250% damage 8 times on up to 15 enemies to apply an effect that causes enemies to move 70% slower and deal 25% less damage (including attacks that deal % HP damage) for 15 +1 per 5,000 INT seconds.
- Cooldown: 120 seconds

It is redundant for Kanna to have two binds, so the shorter bind gets reworked into a different and more interesting support skill to help keep her party alive while keeping her 15 seconds bind skill.

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited May 20
    not sure those change are needed.....also i'd like to keep my second bind on my Kanna(also not too sure if your suggestions are too strong or lacking)....however barriers length alway felt too short to me and also difficult to use vs bosses moving all over the map)....so would not mind an increase up to 3 mins...and maybe also extend mana veins duration by 10 secs + increased spawn rate(often spawn at unwanted spots)

although both these classes have rather weak dps :S i think it matter more than the support effects atm.....so i'd rather see a dps boost for those 2 than support tweaks

anyway for some reason NX dislike Kanna so i dont think they be buffing her anytime soon(especially last few patches where they keep downgrading her)

other classes in need
    Night Lord(Bossing dmg(tiny increase) & mobbing dmg & effectiveness)
    Night Walker(mobbing dmg & effectiveness)
    Zero(need to be able to attack mid-air but dps wise seem alright)
    Mercedes(Buff Duration)(Ignis Roar could go up from 30 sec to 60 secs)...Elvish Blessing from 2 mins to 4 mins(isn't affect by buff duration increase)
    Flame Wizard(mobbing effectiveness(anything to make mobbing feel better))

classes which i haven't play enough at fifth job to get an idea but were terrible at fourth job
    Luminous(Bossing dmg)
    Cadena(attack range, slightly short dps for bossing)
    F/P mage(mobbing&Bossing dmg)...honestly that class felt rly weak while i did fourth...not sure how it is for fifth
    Dual Blade(felt very lacking during fourth job in term of mobbing and bossing dps)
    I/L(Bossing dmg)

completly forgotten classes(Aran, Evan, Phantom XD)....can't rate
    slightly forgotten classes(Kaiser, Shadower, Angelic Buster, Pathfinder, Mechanic, T-breaker, Corsair, Blaster,)...also can,t rate
    not sure what to say about Bishop......it just feel like the classic weak soloer but good support XD...not sure what to rate him as XD
    haven't rly play Lynn revamp so XD
    lastly..there Hayato which is completly out of my skill league to be able to play it at all...so i can't even rate weither that class in need or not :S

....as for Lara idk what to think of that 1.....such a huge rng placement for their skill but was a hard hitter for mobbing during fourth...forgot Lara bossing aspect :S....class was giving me ptsd with the rng factor so i dont even want to play it ever again

possibly forgetting some classes but of memory the following feel perfect
    Demon Slayer(except for movement speed which could be a bit better)
    Demon Avenger(except for movement speed which could be a bit better)
    Dawn Warrior
    Buccaneer
    Khali
    Marksman
    Shade
    Xenon
    Paladin
    Wind Archer
    Cannoneer
    Bowmaster
    Mihile
    Dark Knight
    Hoyoung(too many key press though to my liking XD)
    Kain
    Ark(bit too many keys to my liking too :S but work very nicely)
    Hero
    Illium
    Adele(bit too much keys to my liking but great class)
    Kinesis(dmg is mostly all in the burst for bossing but other than that solid)

just sharing my oppinion b4 you make more thread about classes buffs(seem to be your favorite type of thread :P)
  • StaconaStacona
    edited May 21
    RedRaven wrote: »

Barrier duration is very long, you can reduce the cooldowns by a ton which will help with repositioning the barrier if you need to move it for boss fights.

Erda Nova will fulfill a second bind perfectly if you need it.

But this was to bring up Kanna and Battle Mage's support side to offer more support variety in the game.

And by increasing the support side makes boss fights easier so players don't need as much damage in order to clear boss fights, I rather these two be more supporty than turned into another damage dealing job as this offers them an unique identity and a reason to be played and picked over any other job.

Barrier size should probably be increased though to better support these more involved boss fights and bosses moving around more.

F/P Mage is literally the #1 damage in the game and only Demon Avenger is close to it.

Blaze Wizard has one of the strongest mobbing in the game following the most busted mobber which is Mechanic.
    Got to learn how Blaze Wizard's mobbing works and understand it, once you do they can mob on literally every map in the game, preferably the largest maps possible as their mobbing style becomes clunky if the map is too small (large maps have way better rates too).
    Blaze Wizard actually needs a small tweak to their bossing mechanics, mobbing is perfect right now, and will get more busted with Sol Janus and 2nd Mastery.

Illium is very strong and a pretty decent support side too, but suffers from over design. In that regard they need a big of a rework. As they currently stand, Illium is extremely underrated and probably the most underrated class in the entire game.

Mercedes, Ignis Roar is always active as long as you are not AFK, so duration does not need to change.
    Agree with Elvis Blessing getting a duration increase to 300 seconds (higher than your 240 seconds) because hyper skills are immune to buff/minion duration and constantly rebuffing this skill is annoying to do.

Luminous has very high damage, they are good on this.

Cadena, need to know how to control them, very good bossers mechanically if you do.

Dual Blade, very high sustain damage, they are one of the weakest mobbers in the game, but luckily Sol Janus helps everyone in the mobbing department for 260+ at least. Their bossing is very strong.

I/L Mage is a very tricky burst damage class to get down, but unlike the other burst damage classes, their sustain damage is relatively high thanks to Infinity's long duration. The strength of this job is their relative ease of play compared to Bishop and F/P Mage which will naturally outshine I/L Mage and sadly not much can be done to make I/L stand out unless they decide to change them away from damage dealers into a crowd control supportive mage with mini binds, slows, etc.

Nightlord, Nightwalker, and Zero - not much you can do to change anything about them unless you are willing to give them a full remake. Zero has support advantage to make them useful so they are not reliant on damage output to be good.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited May 21
    Ignis Roar is fully ok for bossing..i meant using it for mobbing is more annoying...Ishtar Ring skill isn't use for mobbing so doesn't keep it refresh constantly
    then how how bout Leaf Tornado//Stunning Strike increase its duration by 1.25 sec every use so it be similar to Ishar Ring for bossing ?

surprise your mentionning Illium to me XD its 1 of the class which i put in my feel perfect list XD

following class would not need a full rework but just some adjustment
    Night Lord: Showdown could have those 6 Shurikens attack the 6 nearest enemies that the big 1 didn't hit instead of just applying passive debuff
    Night Lord: Throwing Star Barrage could get up to 6-7 directions up from 3-4 and get a bit more range(correct me if i'am wrong but of memory this dont hit a boss multi-time)
    Night lord: Quad Star could get a slight dps increase to it(doesn't need a large buff)
    Night Walker more bats generation that targets enemies in a 180 angle when they throw their mobbing Shuriken
    the 180 angle would form either above or bellow the Night Walker(prioritizing the area with more mobs)

I/L. Cadena, Luminous, F/P mage...if you say so....although does surprise me(especially F/P)

also ok for DB bossing dmg

i didn't mention bossing being a problem with Blaze Wizard XD but thx for the heads up..honestly think mobbing need a bit of improvement even if can control the tosses well

Sol Janus doesn't exist currently in GMS...and its still gonna be a rough time for 200-260 if said skill
    help mobbing greatly for classes struggling with mobbing..well better than nothing though

• StaconaStacona
    edited May 21

You combo for mobbing and bossing on mercedes, you still use ishtar ring for mobbing too, i don't even use stunning strikes ever - stunning strikes stops you, is clunky, and removes the flow to mercedes.

Once you understand blaze wizard mobbing you will realize how good it is.
    Lion for mobbing, Fox for bossing, but you always use fox fires (5th job skill) for mobbing and bossing. Down+Cast to use foxfires while in lion mode (can be cast in the air).
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,395
    edited May 22
    Ignis Roar is fully ok for bossing..i meant using it for mobbing is more annoying...Ishtar Ring skill isn't use for mobbing so doesn't keep it refresh constantly
    then how how bout Leaf Tornado//Stunning Strike increase its duration by 1.25 sec every use so it be similar to Ishar Ring for bossing ?

surprise your mentionning Illium to me XD its 1 of the class which i put in my feel perfect list XD

following class would not need a full rework but just some adjustment
    Night Lord: Showdown could have those 6 Shurikens attack the 6 nearest enemies that the big 1 didn't hit instead of just applying passive debuff
    Night Lord: Throwing Star Barrage could get up to 6-7 directions up from 3-4 and get a bit more range(correct me if i'am wrong but of memory this dont hit a boss multi-time)
    Night lord: Quad Star could get a slight dps increase to it(doesn't need a large buff)
    Night Walker more bats generation that targets enemies in a 180 angle when they throw their mobbing Shuriken
    the 180 angle would form either above or bellow the Night Walker(prioritizing the area with more mobs)

I/L. Cadena, Luminous, F/P mage...if you say so....although does surprise me(especially F/P)

also ok for DB bossing dmg

i didn't mention bossing being a problem with Blaze Wizard XD but thx for the heads up..honestly think mobbing need a bit of improvement even if can control the tosses well

Sol Janus doesn't exist currently in GMS...and its still gonna be a rough time for 200-260 if said skill
    help mobbing greatly for classes struggling with mobbing..well better than nothing though

Spread throw can hit the same target multiple times which is why NL is king of bursts.

DB can use some hitbox changes to their 4-5th job kit. Sol Janus alone wouldn't fix it because everyone would benefit and we would all move onto bigger maps since we are given new skills to cover the portion of these bigger maps. The parts of the map DB has to grind in would be lacking due to our own lacking mobbing kit.

DB needs most of their skills to have their vertical hitbox extended downwards so it can hit more mobs below which is what DBs struggle in. Blade Fury cannot hit mobs below, but is okay at hitting mobs above it if. If you jump and cast Blade Fury, you could be able mobs above. Giving Blade Fury lower reach would allow for tighter map rotations since you need to drop the level where the mobs are and the top mobs could be "uppercutted" from below.

Most of Dual Blade's V skills are the source of their mobbing and they are highly dependent on cooldown reduction. Most of their mobbing comes from these skills as well as their bossing.

Blades of Destiny can hit below and has really good upward reach, making it possible to hit many platforms easily. When you cast BoD in Arteria Top Deck 1 on the first platform above the ground, you can hit all 4 levels of mobs without any effort.

Our other skill Blade Tornado is harder to maximize when mobbing. The skill is both shorter hitbox in both upward and lower reach. Tornado cannot hit below DB and has less upper hitbox The skill is broken into 2 phases. When you first cast it, it summons a tornado that is attached to the characters location. Later it shrinks and is fired off in the direction the character is facing. During the time the tornado is attached to you, it follows you so any movement from the time of casting will effect where it will be shot off. This includes walking jumping and falling. This makes jump casting to hit multiple platforms difficult because there is a delay between casting and firing the tornado. It becomes extremely inconsistent to hit 3 platforms while BoD can do 4 without timing jumps.

Blade Tempest has a bit of lower reach and upper reach but excels in horizontal reach, but this skill disables our ability to do any jumping. Would appreciate if it would allow us to any jumping so can we move to other sections of the map (might also be using in bossing especially in Lucid.)

Asura pretty has no reach below and is pretty much like our blade fury, but you allowed to jump (and double jump and drop) but you cannot use other skills. Would like if we can use other skills so can attack while the skill is active and be able to use mobility skill with it. This skill along with Blade Tempest are so bad for mobbing since they pretty much take away mobility and their reach is lackluster.

Also pretty mad from the Destiny changes for Slash and Bloody Storm being changed from rushing through (without pushing them) to stationary skills just to make the tutorial easier while making kit for end game players smaller. Pre Destiny Bloody Storm was a tool to sneak behind bosses by slashing through them to the other side. This skill had less delay than Tornado Spin so it was good. After Destiny, it became a weaker version of Blade Fury in 3rd job so it went from a niche utility skill to a 3rd job skill you will outgrow by level 100. Also not liking the "new" skills we were given. Bandit Slash Enhancement and Slash Storm Enhancement is a terrible way of boosting a 1st and 2nd job skill since you are taking up SP which would had been for a whole new skill. You might had seen similar things with Demon Slayer's Demon Lash getting enhancements after 1st job, Kaine's Arrow Strike and other skills, etc. , but those skills is a permanent skill that grows with the character to the end versus getting replaced immediately. The devs in Destiny should had just buffed the skills Slash Storm and Bandit Slash instead of giving them a skill enhancement so they can give us 2 new skills to enhance bossing and/or mobbing. If they wanted, they could had introduced us to Blade Fury at at 1+ job and have it grow continuously as we job advanced.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited May 23
    i dont combo for mobbing on Mercedes...and that would be way out of my skill league if that was required...i'am not 1 of those top 5% players :S
    so.....no Ishtar for me when i do mobbing...skill spam all the way + cooldowns if needed to maintain buffs..... burst for bosses only

also i did look up a youtube video about mercedes comboing....that level of frame require is like bell fibe to be remotly possible....i got a solid connection but its not enough to perform that fluidly....there a big delay when i chain Spike Royal, Unicorn, Wrath of Enlil compare to what i saw on dat youtube video which transition extremely fast between 6 skills(Wrath,stunning,Unicorn,Stunning,Spike Royal, Leaf Tornado)

unless comboing remove some of the frames delay ???

well i'am not in the US nor have Bell Fibe(3000 Mbps) so i can't reach that level of fluidity

Internet Speed test
    132.2 Mbps download
    5.10 Mbps Upload

EDIT:Daxter thx for the notice in regard to NL skill...looks like i remembered wrong after all..........also that Dual Blade wall of text XD
    DB old mobbing skill have a huge lock down after use(Flying Assaulter)...can't move for like a sec and half :S
    as for Bloody Storm its no longer a roll accross the map while slashing all mobs like 13 years ago :S(idk if it changed pre-destiny though XD wasn't around during that era)
  • StaconaStacona
    edited May 23
    )

a combo on mercedes is simply linking 2 or more skills together
    Mine is: Lightning Edge > Rising Rush > Aerial Barrage > Leap > Spikes > Dive > Unicorn > Wrath (leap can be spammed in the air if high enough for multiple casts)
    For the combos, do whatever is natural and feels good, but you got to combo on mercedes and it is more fun to do so too.

ishtar is for cleaning up any remaining enemies quickly, since you can jump and move around freely it creates a much better flow experience

Leap also acts as a half vertical jump for extra height.

Simpler mobbing combos be:
    Lightning Edge > Unicorn
    Lightning Edge > Wrath
    Unicorn > switch directions > Wrath
    Vertical jump / rope jump > Leap > Spikes > Dive > Lightning Edge > Unicorn / Wrath

Mercedes skills are client side so connection does not matter, mobs might just have lag death.

Mercedes is a pick your own playstyle class and cannot really follow someone else, you just need to combo your skills together in some way.