[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My Criticism On The Current Maplestory

NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
Reactions: 820
edited August 4 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
After not playing the game for quite some time, I decided to get back into it and started up a Explorer character.

I decided on the Pirate profession and was very surprised when upon being sent to the trainer for that job, that I had just been given several levels by the game itself. Thus, being brought to Level 10 almost instantaneously. This really surprised me because I wasn't expecting to be handed these level-ups more than a few minutes into starting a new character.

It's understandable that you are at a low level and need to reach the requirement for the first job advancement, but I feel like it shouldn't be that quick. Usually... level-ups like that are usually earned through gaining experience, which is gained through grinding. These are usually given to players at one time once they gain enough XP.

It feels like that I was just being handed levels and not earning them, and I usually don't like to progress too fast. I can get leveling pretty quick at lower levels, because that makes sense, but you shouldn't be just given them. Sometimes, you have to put some work into it and get them one at a time.

After completing the next part of the main explorer quest, where you go to the Black Wing Mine, I was then boosted to Level 20, which again surprised me. I really wish there was an option to not gain levels this quickly, so you can take things at your own pace.

Important note: I was playing on a Chronos on the Heroic server where it mentions you can play at your own pace. Though it doesn't feel like I can take my time if I'm leveling that quickly.

In a nutshell, I believe that leveling in the game, at least for the Explorers, is too fast for me. Sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy the grind, if that makes any logical sense. If you don't mind getting levels quickly, that's fine with me. To each their own, as they say. But for me... I like to take my time with things and not just rush to level my character in a rather quick manner.

Though I will say, I do like the change they did to the character and how different the UI looks. makes it look rather modern. Which isn't a bad thing at all, though I didn't mind the original character skill screen and so forth.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
AlexKarev

Comments

• AlexKarevAlexKarev
    Reactions: 1,035
    edited August 11
    Don't worry you play at your own place and enjoy until you might hit the wall. Everyone's wall is different. The Insane Damage cap is my wall which means its' impossible for me to fight any hard/chaos bosses & can't even load into ursus.
  • NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
    Reactions: 820
    edited August 22
    AlexKarev wrote: »
    Don't worry you play at your own place and enjoy until you might hit the wall. Everyone's wall is different. The Insane Damage cap is my wall which means its' impossible for me to fight any hard/chaos bosses & can't even load into ursus.

Sure, that's a fair point, but I think it doesn't feel as satisfying when you level up rather quickly to the level in which you are able to become the job profession that you want. I don't mind grinding a good bit in order to get one level, that's fine with me.
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    Reactions: 990
    edited September 10
    Sure, that's a fair point, but I think it doesn't feel as satisfying when you level up rather quickly to the level in which you are able to become the job profession that you want. I don't mind grinding a good bit in order to get one level, that's fine with me.

Maplestory has turned into a whole different beast from what it once was. I remember struggling to get past level 30s, until Carnival PQ was release. Then the new wall was at Lv50. But the game direction as a whole was geared toward the social aspect, now it's all about grind. Getting to Lv200 is pretty much handed out for free, even 210. I was able to create 15+ level 200 - 210 accounts, from 0, in a matter of one month with the previous event.

Maplestory is not what it once was, that's for sure.

NickTheDragon