[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ease of utilizing buffs from 5th job node skills

xDothackerxDothacker
Reactions: 990
edited September 2 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are a ton of 5th job node skills which apply a buff to your character for ~180 seconds with a 180 second cooldown. As you level these nodes, the duration increases.

As an Angelic Buster, I have 6 of these skills (Speed infusion, Sharp eyes, Adv. blessing, Holy symbol, Hyper body, and Combat orders).

As these skills cannot be placed on a macro, this means I need 6 keys binded just for these buffs alone. I understand the difference in cooldown and the health cost.
I have 2 proposed solutions to this:
1. Simple: Allow these skills to be macro-able
2. Rework: Do not make these nodes capable of level ups.
Have a set duration for all (i.e. 200 seconds with the 180 second cooldown).
Have a single skill (called "Decent Enhancements" as an example), which when used, will provide your character all the buffs active in your V Matrix labeled as "Decent ...", and will do so in an all in one animation.

This will eliminate the need for multiple keys to be binded solely for "Decent ..." buffs, multiple keys to be pressed for buffing, and remove the need to have all animations stall your character.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 5
    These skills can be applied to pet auto buffs, which also doesn't apply animations, doesn't require a hotkey and waits until the skill expires before using it again.
    Pets already do what you're asking for except better.
    There is also no reason for you to be casting Hyper Body as bosses do percentage based damage and you shouldn't be dying to anything outside of a boss anyway.
    Unless you are in the early game the same goes for MP, you should have enough MP that you won't need hyper body.
    It is however worth it (for insanely small gains) to level up and equip this skill as it gives +6 all stat at level 26 or higher.
    This realistically gives you one free pet slot for autobuffing, which most classes can work with if you manually buff maple warrior.

I believe the real problem is the lack of pet buff slots. If we gave each pet 3 slots to buff with instead of two you could easily fit the 5 decents + maple warrior that almost every class needs to use while keeping three free slots for whatever class specific buffs you have.
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 7
    This is understandable. The only reason I highlighted hyper body is just to mention the number of "Decent" skills there are. I don't use it, as you mentioned, since bosses hit for percent health.
    Pets are a good option, however not everyone has a pet that can auto buff, let alone on all their accounts.

We understand these nodes provide a skill for a set duration of 180 seconds which is across the board for "Decent" skills. Once attached to the V Matrix, this new decent skill can just append the newly added "Decent" skill's buff even with the leveling which adds + X all stats in some cases.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 7
    If Nexon were to offer pet skills in the reward shop, just once a month, this wouldn't be a problem either since accounts could slowly gear out one pet per month.
    This is slow enough that players still have plenty of reason to just buy the pet skills instead of waiting without making it impossible for reboot players to gear up their pets outside of events that reward with pets that give auto buff.
    Though Nexon would still need to increase the autobuff pet slots to counter the fact that 4 ~6 slots depending on class are used entirely on stuff that should be always on anyway.

There are a few solutions Nexon could go with, they just actually have to pick one and implement it.
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 7
    I agree. Only thing is I see the pet approach to be a bit limiting as opposed to just updated how these skills work from their root
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 10
    I wonder if Maplestory mods even read through these for ideas...
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 12
    xDothacker wrote: »
    A very small number of ideas from the forums has eventually made it into the game, but there's no way to tell if it was just coincidence, KMS users suggesting the same thing, or actually because they read the forums for GMS. Given that we currently have a spammer in general forums that Nexon hasn't banned yet, these forums are extremely dead and you're probably better off get noticed in the official discord.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,850
    edited September 12
    ALL Decent Skills should be made passive at a base level so everyone can enjoy the game and make end game bosses playable for everyone. And it removes annoyance of rebuffing decent skills during mobbing too.

Yes, Nexon reads the Forums, they don't read the Discord however.
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 13
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    xDothacker wrote: »
    A very small number of ideas from the forums has eventually made it into the game, but there's no way to tell if it was just coincidence, KMS users suggesting the same thing, or actually because they read the forums for GMS. Given that we currently have a spammer in general forums that Nexon hasn't banned yet, these forums are extremely dead and you're probably better off get noticed in the official discord.

True :')