[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Queue up back to back bosses

xDothackerxDothacker
Reactions: 990
edited September 13 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have 3 accounts right now which can easily clear normal daily bosses. I clear Von Leon, Arkarium, Magnus, Papulatus, Ranmaru, OMNI-CLN, Horntail, Pink bean, and the Root Abyss bosses in a matter of ~6-8 minutes per account.

Bossing has become easy with the new boss content available on the Maple guide teleporting you directly to the boss portal. I love this system. However, there are a few improvement I believe which can be done to help remove some "clunkiness".

Once a boss is cleared, you are sent back to the map where the boss portal is located. You must go through another portal (+ loading screen) to return back to your original location. You then have to open the Maple guide once again, select the next boss you would like to fight, and be redirected to the boss map for difficulty selection.

There are quite a few unnecessary steps in this process and I believe there could be quality of life improvements to the system.

My thoughts on this new system is to allow the player to queue the bosses they would like to fight back to back. A GUI is open displaying a list of bosses which the player can challenge. Here, the player can select the bosses (+ difficulty) they would like to fight in order. Once started, the player is sent directly to the first selected boss map to begin the queued fights. After completing a boss and all is looted, the player can exit through the portal / NPC chat to be routed to the next boss in the queue.
Bosses which have requirements to enter will be validated before entering. If the user does not meet the requirement, that boss is skipped. For bosses that provide a free requirement, this requirement can be given on start of that boss (i.e. Zakum's eye of fire, Papulatus's dimension piece, or Root abyss daily keys [if 5 were already consumed, the player must purchase more from the Root Abyss location]).
The user should also have the ability to leave the boss and end the queued fights if needed. If logged off during a fight, the player would simply be brought back to their original location.

Let me know your thoughts!
Fuhreak

Comments

• RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited September 13
    no offense but pointless

once you reach Chaos Root Abyss point you "never" solo again from there onward
    even Hard Magnus

well you may be able to solo once you outgear greatly these bosses(Chaos Root Abyss/Hard magnus) up to normal Lotus/Damien)

unless your that person who like 29 mins fights(love to suffer)

and when you get to Lucid/Will forget soloing those 2 for a rly rly long time.....bosses further beyond are in a whole other league..both in difficulty and gear requirement

your still at the joke bosses stage right now

also i can't recomment playing 3 accounts.....to get real progress you need ALL 49 classes at lvl 200 on a single acc......250 if your extremely dedicated
    unlocking legion grid and filling it is a must for a huge dps boost
    for working ppl such feat take like 2 year with like 5 hours investment a day

multi-account was necessary though in the old maple story to play all classes...its no longer a need to have multi-acc other than to have buffers(soon to be made pointless too))

on a final note: if you insist to solo all the way....i hope for you that your a super-elite player in the 0.5% of the player base ;)....although its still punishing if you want to see the end-game asap

also let me put it simple for you
    Step 1: get 2 char to lvl 200 ASAP(you want at least 2 char able to boss)...if possible get CRA carried for gear asap(join a guild supporting newbies)
    having 2 char with decent gear mean you can start working on your mesos income a bit....if a hyper burn event is active get a char to 260 but do not bother
    working on your sixth job untill you got a full set of AbsoLab gear with 17 stars......the 260 areas are a very very serious health ramp up
    you would take 10-15X the time to complete sixth job if you try to unlock it without solid gear/legion power...so be smart about this ;) dont let greed make you choose pointless efforts for a small extra gain

Step 2: get your legion level to 8000 for max stats gain......you can worry about 9000 later.....beyond 9000 legion power its too much effort for a lot of players.... so if absurd grind is not for you dont try.....otherwise currently 10,000 legion is the hightest viable but i can't recommend it....to be completly honest.....dont lvl any alt beyond 220 without hyper burn...wait out hyper burn events for 220-260...you get lots of nodestone for fifth job if you dont rush too quickly...and 220 is a good stop at to get chill Lotus/Damien carries when your at 8k legion without making your carrier suffer too much

Step 3: get more boss mules going so you can expend your mesos income massively....total of 11 boss mules are needed to turn in 180 weekly bosses crystals
    getting your first 4 rolling is the hardest part(including your main).....after that they become self-sustening once u got all 11 in full AbsoLab at 17 stars gear
    ....if you dont have time to clear with 11 chars weekly then go with an amount that fit your playtime

Step 4: ....well here is a crossroad of your choice(most players would choose path 1 from there)...but do as you wish
    Path 1: choose a char to main and lvl toward lvl 290
    Path 2: gear the remaining 38 class in full 17 stars AbsoLab to increase your legion coins income further so you can buy flames stones to get high quality bonus stats on your gear, drop rate tix at disposal 100% of the time
    ...regardless of Path 1&2......once you get to this point finish getting your legion to 9000 for the last gains in stats
    xDothacker
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 15
    RedRaven wrote: »
    no offense but pointless

even Hard Magnus

well you may be able to solo once you outgear greatly these bosses(Chaos Root Abyss/Hard magnus) up to normal Lotus/Damien)

unless your that person who like 29 mins fights(love to suffer)

and when you get to Lucid/Will forget soloing those 2 for a rly rly long time.....bosses further beyond are in a whole other league..both in difficulty and gear requirement

your still at the joke bosses stage right now

also i can't recomment playing 3 accounts.....to get real progress you need ALL 49 classes at lvl 200 on a single acc......250 if your extremely dedicated
    unlocking legion grid and filling it is a must for a huge dps boost
    for working ppl such feat take like 2 year with like 5 hours investment a day

multi-account was necessary though in the old maple story to play all classes...its no longer a need to have multi-acc other than to have buffers(soon to be made pointless too))

on a final note: if you insist to solo all the way....i hope for you that your a super-elite player in the 0.5% of the player base ;)....although its still punishing if you want to see the end-game asap

also let me put it simple for you
    Step 1: get 2 char to lvl 200 ASAP(you want at least 2 char able to boss)...if possible get CRA carried for gear asap(join a guild supporting newbies)
    having 2 char with decent gear mean you can start working on your mesos income a bit....if a hyper burn event is active get a char to 260 but do not bother
    working on your sixth job untill you got a full set of AbsoLab gear with 17 stars......the 260 areas are a very very serious health ramp up
    you would take 10-15X the time to complete sixth job if you try to unlock it without solid gear/legion power...so be smart about this ;) dont let greed make you choose pointless efforts for a small extra gain

Step 2: get your legion level to 8000 for max stats gain......you can worry about 9000 later.....beyond 9000 legion power its too much effort for a lot of players.... so if absurd grind is not for you dont try.....otherwise currently 10,000 legion is the hightest viable but i can't recommend it....to be completly honest.....dont lvl any alt beyond 220 without hyper burn...wait out hyper burn events for 220-260...you get lots of nodestone for fifth job if you dont rush too quickly...and 220 is a good stop at to get chill Lotus/Damien carries when your at 8k legion without making your carrier suffer too much

Step 3: get more boss mules going so you can expend your mesos income massively....total of 11 boss mules are needed to turn in 180 weekly bosses crystals
    getting your first 4 rolling is the hardest part(including your main).....after that they become self-sustening once u got all 11 in full AbsoLab at 17 stars gear
    ....if you dont have time to clear with 11 chars weekly then go with an amount that fit your playtime

Step 4: ....well here is a crossroad of your choice(most players would choose path 1 from there)...but do as you wish
    Path 1: choose a char to main and lvl toward lvl 290
    Path 2: gear the remaining 38 class in full 17 stars AbsoLab to increase your legion coins income further so you can buy flames stones to get high quality bonus stats on your gear, drop rate tix at disposal 100% of the time
    ...regardless of Path 1&2......once you get to this point finish getting your legion to 9000 for the last gains in stats

I understand you will get to a point where you can't solo anymore. I can solo up until Will - still learning the mechanics. Your assumptions are wrong and disregards my proposal. My intent for what I propose is not meant for the "hard/chaos" mode bosses if you cannot complete them.

Just so you have an idea of where I am in this game, I can easily solo all hard/chaos bosses on my main up until Will (and I can't solo Will just yet because I am learning the mechanics). I have ~15+ characters that are Lv260/210/200+. I enjoy the solo grind and challenge of defeating these bosses solo.

My proposal is not specifically to queue up the difficult bosses automatically (although you could if you're capable, such as myself).
    My proposal is mainly aimed to be able to queue up the easier bosses for players to make quick money daily by jumping from boss to boss without having to use the content guide for navigating to the next boss. Bossing is key with the power crystals you get. You speak on late game, however not all players are at late game fighting Black Mage. Neither do I expect Black Mage to be a boss you queue up to fight, that is a boss you fight in a party.

As I mentioned, I can solo easy bosses for 103m daily on multiple accounts. If I can queue the easy bosses, it allows me to accumulate crystals a bit faster with a system that is less tedious. Player experience should be priority, and forcing the player to go through these extra steps is not taking player experience into consideration.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 15
    RedRaven wrote: »
    no offense but pointless

even Hard Magnus

This is not true at all. Solo up to Kaling/Kalos is possible.
    It is extremely common for players to solo all the way to black mage as well. This is far from pointless.
    Even if you meant that players will join a party after CRA, those parties will eventually go back to soloing bosses due to the way that pitched equips work.
    xDothacker
  • LeafLeaf
    Reactions: 510
    edited September 27
    I think this is a very good idea! Honestly such a pain to constantly walk in and out of boss rooms. Even once you get high-leveled and fight bosses like will, gloom, and onwards, you're still doing a lot at once. Or at least I do. As soon as it hits reset I'm going down the list like a tax collector after money and satisfaction haha.

This is beneficial to lower levels too, though. They benefit from early bosses so much more and will be doing all of them quite often. Even if it's a small QOL change, I think it's still an important one- like the kind of difference made when nexon let you open all your skill nodes at once. It just flows so much better.
    xDothacker
  • xDothackerxDothacker
    edited September 28
    Leaf wrote: »
    I think this is a very good idea! Honestly such a pain to constantly walk in and out of boss rooms. Even once you get high-leveled and fight bosses like will, gloom, and onwards, you're still doing a lot at once. Or at least I do. As soon as it hits reset I'm going down the list like a tax collector after money and satisfaction haha.

This is beneficial to lower levels too, though. They benefit from early bosses so much more and will be doing all of them quite often. Even if it's a small QOL change, I think it's still an important one- like the kind of difference made when nexon let you open all your skill nodes at once. It just flows so much better.

Thank you :) I just wish Nexon would read some of the forums and implement some of these ideas. There are a ton of cool ideas and QOL additions that could improve the game.