[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server time change from PST to UTC

Riot4RioRiot4Rio
Reactions: 510
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For those unaware with the most recent patch v.177.3.0. the game server time was changed to UTC which changes the time that "reset" happens for all players. As of this patch the time for reset in playing in the varying time zones would be at 4:00PM PST, 7:00PM EST, and 12:00AM UTC. This makes most North American maplers will have to plan around some of the most active hours of their day around reset. But if the game server time was kept at PST this would have reset at 12:00AM PST, 3:00AM EST, and 8:00AM UTC. this would mean that in every timezone people would be able to play the game during the day, go to sleep, then wake up after reset.

This is what I believe should be changed to accommodate more of the player base. But I am also an EST player and I would like to know other peoples opinions on this matter. Thank you for taking your time to read this post and I eagerly await everyone's responses.
  1. What time should the MapleStory servers be in PST or UTC or another time?45 votes
    1. PST
       84% (38 votes)
    2. UTC
       9% (4 votes)
    3. Other
       7% (3 votes)

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Reset time is fine whenever imo, but time reliant events need to be adjusted or spread out to suit both EU and US players. As it were with the PST time, I was unable to make it to most of the flag races and other events/quests. Now that applies for my american friends instead. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere...
    AKradian
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited November 2016
    The fact that 2x events start at 3AM on east coast is really bad. I believe The new time zone is more efficient for everyone because now 2x will happen at earlier times or during the day or just slightly early morning, that way everyone can benefit! Even Australia times arent too bad.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    FringeGMS
    FringeGMS said:

The fact that 2x events start at 3AM on east coast is really bad. I believe The new time zone is more efficient for everyone because now 2x will happen at earlier times or during the day or just slightly early morning, that way everyone can benefit! Even Australia times arent too bad.
    2x will probably get rescheduled. The 3AM time slot was meant for Australians, not for Americans, who had the 2PM time slot.

However, other events (like the current Moon Bunny Pirates and Mice things) and content (like Flag Races and Kritias Invasions) need to be made to run 24 hours a day.
    Lilyflower
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    It's really confusing.. I think Nexon should put a clock in the game so we don't need to count or find out what time is it.

I think it would be the same , but they will write like: 2x Saturday at 10:00 pm UTC (it's 2.00 pm there still)
  • Riot4RioRiot4Rio
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    FringeGMS
    FringeGMS said:

That is true looking at the adjusted times for when 2x exp events were held before it would allow for more EST players to get more benefit out of both the times. However the PST time slot gets hurt now with one starting at 6:00AM their time. So it looks like the issue was just moved from the East coast to the West coast.

• PricPric
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited November 2016
    How do I flag when final flag is at 3pm ????
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Gonna make my Daily running weird...cuz I always do them in the morning...but now its like...weeeird. I want PST back :T
  • arugulaarugula
    Reactions: 830
    edited November 2016
    It'll be pretty much impossible for me to do the call orchid daily now... Sigh
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm from an EST area, but actually like the time change, reset was a bit too late for me, missing times guild members would boss.
  • ILoveKPOPlILoveKPOPl
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    THEN, it would be time to reset in Peru
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    recommand to pst.