[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please change the server time back to PST.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for the frustrations that the changes to the game server time have caused. I have brought this up with the team, and we are looking into it.
    WE HAVE BEEN HEARD :D
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

KThxBaiNao

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for the frustrations that the changes to the game server time have caused. I have brought this up with the team, and we are looking into it.
    WE HAVE BEEN HEARD :D
    Not quite. We haven't been heard until we actually get a reply.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    -Removed for flamebaiting-
  • VekiloVekilo
    Reactions: 875
    edited November 2016
    @FeverJaws ... lmfao get outta here

OT: If you guys want to change the time zone that badly, maybe make it closer to EST time? Wouldn't change much for everyone except the reset time would be 9PM for PST (still kinda weird for PST tho). It'd also kinda throw me off of my schedule, but it's whatever. Still better than 4pm reset for PST haha

• DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Its been PST for 11 years. Why do we have to cater to European timezones when they were the ones who merged into gms.
    zChris
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hi everyone,

Into what exactly? The split time that I said?
  • ozumoozumo
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Please change the time zone back to PST. I don't understand how the people who made this decision thought this was sensible..................................
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I think they made it UTC for the idea of "Global" MapleStory. But I agree the best is PDT for NA and CET for EU
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    -Removed for flame baiting-

And this isn't about them telling us the times when maintenance begin/end, if that's what you mean by " they will write the correct times for u," it's how Nexon Global decided to cater more towards the EMS players than GMS's by changing the global time zone to one that better fits EMS's needs. What they need to do is keep two different time zones in the game, one for GMS servers, which will go back to using PST, and continue to use UTC for the euro servers.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Mixed feelings about this being from Europe. Having played GMS all this time I have been usedd to the reset at 8 in the morning my time. But being able to get everything done when I wake up has it's benefits for me.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm from an EST area, but I actually like this change. I couldn't always play on reset, to say fight bosses with guild members.

With reset being earlier, I actually can be on at reset pretty reliably.
    BIackbean
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    I believe there are decent size of population who are non-pst maple players, we often miss events due to the event time is not in our favourite. I am currently 19 hours ahead of pst time, 16 hours ahead of est time and 11 hours ahead of utc, it gets used to it very quickly, its really no big deal.

I don't believe nexon is trying to accommodate for the EMS players, it is simply too many players are located in different part of the world and having different time zones. For this reason, UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) zone is a fair time zone for all maple players.

Just my thought.
  • GoomuGoomu
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    My biggest concern is the invasion times. Why not just make them round the clock instead of a certain time frame.... ? I never understood why it was only between certain hours anyhow. with this change even now while I'm off work I won't be able to hit them all because I'm NOT staying up till 6AM.
    Its2Sharp4UBIackbean
  • zChriszChris
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016
    Unless the non-NA playerbase outnumbers the NA playerbase, this was a very unnecessary update. This surely hurts more players than it helps.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    Wow. I'm appalled Nexon had the gall to do this lol... Personally this change is not so bad for me but such a huge change with no consideration to what is the players think about this change. And it's funny how @Sabina made a thread asking for feedback about the events we recently had... how about we give some feedback about things WE want to be heard about? Nexon will just never learn f7. Welcome EU players, enjoy our awful customer support and public relations.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    yes please! :/ idk whats utc seriously nexon -.-''
  • JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

UTC is a universal time standard... its not a time zone as such but its matches GMT. im from a GMT timezone so it means for me and others in the UK reset is at midnight, rather than 11pm, which it was when EMS was set to Central European Time.

I said before in an earlier post though that this move was incredibly short sighted. NA players are still NA, and EU doesnt have a large player base as it stands right now. And considering that, I really dont get why this had to happen to GMS players.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    JenAskar
    JenAskar said:

Lilyflower

UTC is a universal time standard... its not a time zone as such but its matches GMT. im from a GMT timezone so it means for me and others in the UK reset is at midnight, rather than 11pm, which it was when EMS was set to Central European Time.

I said before in an earlier post though that this move was incredibly short sighted. NA players are still NA, and EU doesnt have a large player base as it stands right now. And considering that, I really dont get why this had to happen to GMS players.
    if its not a time zone then why did they add it.

BIackbean
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

JenAskar
    JenAskar said:

Lilyflower

if its not a time zone then why did they add it.

Because Nexon never bothers to take preemptive measures when they should. Just like they did with the ninja Kanna nerf/Totem p2w change for training.
    Lilyflower
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited November 2016
    Oh dear, here we go...

Fine, I'll admit that it probably wasn't the smartest move changing the timezone just like that. It's a bump in the road, as it is something that the GMSer players will have to adjust to (for now). However, coming from EMS over to the GMS servers, I personally was expecting to play according to the GMS times (or PST times). If it had come to that, we EMSers would likely have been told to deal with it as it is. With that said, I feel that it's unfair for GMS to complain to this degree.

But I do feel this issue could be more balanced, so that it can benefit everyone on equal terms. Rather than choosing from one of two extremes (not unlike certain votes that the UK and the US have just gone through), maybe have servers that are situated on the East coast of the US, perhaps?

I don't know what will happen, but we shouldn't start bickering over these things. EMS and GMS are now as one and that's how it is, so let's try to get along :)
    JenAskar