[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I can't log in

Comments

• UtopkinUtopkin
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you are experiencing a crash when trying to run Maplestory. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you but no worries as I will do what I can to sort things out for you. From what I can see, this seems to be an initialization issue with the client. To properly deal with this issue, I would recommend the steps below:
    - Restart your devices to freshen your system resources. This includes your router and modem.
    - Turn off all possible software except Windows applications. This includes your antivirus software, firewalls, and any VPN software that may be currently running. Please be advised that Nexon no longer supports the use of VPN software due to security concerns.
    - Update your Windows operating system by visiting System Update and downloading all available updates.
    - Update your device drivers. This includes your graphics device.
    - Download the latest Visual C++ then install it from Microsoft found here.
    - Download the .Net framework 4.5.2. from Microsoft here.
    - Repair your Nexon Launcher installation. To do this, here are the steps I have listed:
    1. Open the Nexon Launcher
    2. Click on the game you wish to repair.
    3. Click on the Gear icon right next to the Terms of Use and this should open the Game settings.
    4. On the Game Settings window, click on the Repair Installation selection. When you click on Repair Installation you will receive a message that will inform you that the program will restore any missing or damaged game files and if you wish to continue.
    5. Once you click ok the program will begin running and will verify the files within the game folder and check for any missing or damaged files. If it finds any it will download those files and/or update them. Once it is complete the normal play button will return and you may launch the game normally.
    - Run Maplestory through compatibility mode by right clicking on GameLauncher.exe in your Maplestory folder then choosing properties. Once there, please click on compatibility mode and choose Windows 7.

Once done, please try opening Maplestory once again to check if this has solved your issue. You can also checkout our Technical Support thread on the forums here. If you should still experience the same concern, please get back to us with a few bits of information so we can diagnose this issue further:
    -If you are running Windows XP or higher go to your task bar.
    -Click on, "Start Button".
    -Click on, "Run".
    -In the pop-up window enter dxdiag and hit ok.
    -The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    -Click on, "Save all information" button and save as dxdiag.txt
    -Attach this file to your reply to this message.
    - Open a command prompt by typing in "cmd" on your search bar without the quotation marks.
    - Type in the following commands as follows and send us a screenshot of the results:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    tracert maplestory.nexon.net

Godspeed,

GM Eridel
    Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon America representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.
  • BrendenBrenden
    Reactions: 240
    edited November 2016
    Utopkin
    Utopkin said:

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I understand that you are experiencing a crash when trying to run Maplestory. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you but no worries as I will do what I can to sort things out for you. From what I can see, this seems to be an initialization issue with the client. To properly deal with this issue, I would recommend the steps below:
    - Restart your devices to freshen your system resources. This includes your router and modem.
    - Turn off all possible software except Windows applications. This includes your antivirus software, firewalls, and any VPN software that may be currently running. Please be advised that Nexon no longer supports the use of VPN software due to security concerns.
    - Update your Windows operating system by visiting System Update and downloading all available updates.
    - Update your device drivers. This includes your graphics device.
    - Download the latest Visual C++ then install it from Microsoft found here.
    - Download the .Net framework 4.5.2. from Microsoft here.
    - Repair your Nexon Launcher installation. To do this, here are the steps I have listed:
    1. Open the Nexon Launcher
    2. Click on the game you wish to repair.
    3. Click on the Gear icon right next to the Terms of Use and this should open the Game settings.
    4. On the Game Settings window, click on the Repair Installation selection. When you click on Repair Installation you will receive a message that will inform you that the program will restore any missing or damaged game files and if you wish to continue.
    5. Once you click ok the program will begin running and will verify the files within the game folder and check for any missing or damaged files. If it finds any it will download those files and/or update them. Once it is complete the normal play button will return and you may launch the game normally.
    - Run Maplestory through compatibility mode by right clicking on GameLauncher.exe in your Maplestory folder then choosing properties. Once there, please click on compatibility mode and choose Windows 7.

Once done, please try opening Maplestory once again to check if this has solved your issue. You can also checkout our Technical Support thread on the forums here. If you should still experience the same concern, please get back to us with a few bits of information so we can diagnose this issue further:
    -If you are running Windows XP or higher go to your task bar.
    -Click on, "Start Button".
    -Click on, "Run".
    -In the pop-up window enter dxdiag and hit ok.
    -The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    -Click on, "Save all information" button and save as dxdiag.txt
    -Attach this file to your reply to this message.
    - Open a command prompt by typing in "cmd" on your search bar without the quotation marks.
    - Type in the following commands as follows and send us a screenshot of the results:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    tracert maplestory.nexon.net

Godspeed,

GM Eridel
    Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon America representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.
    Honestly? Why do you have a regular profile? How do I know your a gm and not someone posing as one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Brenden
    Brenden said:

Honestly? Why do you have a regular profile? How do I know your a gm and not someone posing as one.
    They're not a GM.
    They're quoting the response the GM gave to their ticket.
    Which is a form response they copy-paste for anyone who says "I can't run the game" since forever. It has nothing specific to the current situation. They just don't want to bother.

What has worked for me is to stop the video (that shows when you start the game) in the middle, by clicking or pressing a key. Try that?
  • BrendenBrenden
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Brenden
    Brenden said:

They're not a GM.
    They're quoting the response the GM gave to their ticket.
    Which is a form response they copy-paste for anyone who says "I can't run the game" since forever. It has nothing specific to the current situation. They just don't want to bother.

What has worked for me is to stop the video (that shows when you start the game) in the middle, by clicking or pressing a key. Try that?
    Wow the fix was that simple. I skiped the intro and what do you know first time i have been able to log on in days. You sir are my hero. God bless you Akradian...God bless.
  • BrendenBrenden
    edited November 2016
    I never thought of that because skipping the intro usually freezes my laptop. Before this patch anytime I would try to skip the intro The game would crash and the screen goes black. But it works now!
  • UtopkinUtopkin
    edited November 2016
    sadly its not working for my, when i skip this video its freezes after i pick EU or NA.
  • UtopkinUtopkin
    edited November 2016
    I follow all steps from the support and still i cant play. But its new response from them :

Greetings Maplers,

We have been experiencing some issues after the migration of European MapleStory to Global MapleStory concluded on 11/10/2016. The following issues have been reported, and are currently under investigation:

MapleStory client crashing
    Unable to log in
    Event Hall lag
    Star Force Enhancement System charging double the normal amount
    Migration compensation inconsistencies

There is no need to create a ticket, we will update this article on the status of these issues as more information becomes available.

If you're experiencing either of the issues listed below, please submit a ticket with the requested information so we can further investigate:

EU character is stuck
    Character name
    Account email address
    EMS account missing characters
    Number of missing characters
    Character name(s)
    World
    Account email address

We should just waiting for updates...
    JettLuvsU
  • KoffieKoffie
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

did any of you get the blue message at the server select screen that said the game needs to close in order to update? My GF is having this issue and she never saw that message
    I had this too, and the strange thing was I saw Elysium instead of Luna on the screen where I got this message. When I restarted the game it kept saying the same and I still saw Elysium. After I removed the Wizet folder/keys from my registry it was fixed and I could see Luna now and log in. If you're still having this issue you could try that.

Open Regedit (Windows button + R then type regedit then press enter. Or go to start and type regedit and then press enter.)
    Then delete Wizet keys, a.k.a. the Wizet folder located at (just select the wizet keys/folder by clicking on it and then press delete):

If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wizet

If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wizet
  • Never_LuckyNever_Lucky
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    I can't connect to Luna through nexon launcher, but when opening game client from a .exe file I can connect no problems, however i dont have any characters.
  • OldFearOldFear
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    yeah dont submit a ticket cuz you know that would require someone to take time off their busy schedule to actualy offer customer support... instead just wait til we get around to fixing these issue, dont mind that all these time sensitive events are happening at the moment
  • SASSYCATHYSASSYCATHY
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I finally got into the game. I clicked on the gear symbol in nexon laucher and had it repair installation. Then I started laucher as usual. Once opening video with DAMIEN,BLASTER,etc started, I hit a random key on my keyboard approx. 30 sec later and that fixed it. The first time I tried to launch launcher I hit the "random key" right away and it did not work. You want to hit the key approximately in the middle of the video. To everyone --thanks.
  • OldFearOldFear
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    fix crash game
    first, you delete file Opening in folder game (opening is file video)
    second, play game with maplestory laucher (not nexon laucher) good luck
    Happy mapling (you welcome)
  • meomeo123meomeo123
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    OldFear
    OldFear said:

fix crash game
    first, you delete file Opening in folder game (opening is file video)
    second, play game with maplestory laucher (not nexon laucher) good luck
    Happy mapling (you welcome)
    The game has no sound at first, but after deleting the vid, it has now, but i still got crashed after choosing server, thanks anw
  • MinjaBlade100MinjaBlade100
    edited November 2016
    Koffie
    Koffie said:

PlasticHolly

did any of you get the blue message at the server select screen that said the game needs to close in order to update? My GF is having this issue and she never saw that message
    I had this too, and the strange thing was I saw Elysium instead of Luna on the screen where I got this message. When I restarted the game it kept saying the same and I still saw Elysium. After I removed the Wizet folder/keys from my registry it was fixed and I could see Luna now and log in. If you're still having this issue you could try that.

Open Regedit (Windows button + R then type regedit then press enter. Or go to start and type regedit and then press enter.)
    Then delete Wizet keys, a.k.a. the Wizet folder located at (just select the wizet keys/folder by clicking on it and then press delete):

If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wizet

If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wizet
    I didn't post the ticket but thanks! This worked out really well for me, I've been trying to login for two weeks. I even reinstalled MS to try and fix it. At least it's working now, thanks again.
    Wish we knew why those files are causing problems though.