[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag when Looting lots of items still present

ZomgNitZomgNit
Reactions: 1,266
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Gameplay, Latency

Brief Bug Summary:
In the recent update to v.177, it was said that the massive amount of lag that existed when looting many items would be addressed, however after nearly a month I have yet to notice any difference. The lag is still unbearable and the majority of the time I have to play without looting anything at all if I don't want to be frozen for minutes on end.

Given the fact that many events and quests ask you to loot a number of drops, this lag severely hinders your ability to complete these events in a timely manner, and results in a very negative experience playing the game overall.

I, and many others, would very much like to see this issue actually addressed in the next patch.

Steps to Reproduce:
Loot a large number of items with pets, screen freezes for anywhere from 1-30s at a time depending on how many items are being looted.

Character name: Halcyon
Character Level: 242
Character Job: Evan
World Name: Broa
Date and Time of Incident: October 19th, 2016, 2:00 PM PST to November 12th, 2016, 6:30 PM PST (present)
NexSacramentumZyirigxKeepComingBackPhantomMasterThiefRakarvarNyaraAKradianSkyTheDestroyerShusuiLamatoand 1 other.

Comments

• NexSacramentumNexSacramentum
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    The loot lag is huge. Not 30 seconds each time, more like 1-2 seconds but I guess it depends on the computer. Either make events not require you to loot or fix the issue.
  • fightmerlfightmerl
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    If it were fixed this would be a completely changed game! Any hope yet of improvements in V??
  • OtakuOnShroomsOtakuOnShrooms
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    That and the fact the client auto D/C's if you dont pick anything at the NA/EU select screen.
    NexSacramentum
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    fightmerl
    fightmerl said:

If it were fixed this would be a completely changed game! Any hope yet of improvements in V??
    Nope.
    We already got KMS' "optimization" patch that was supposed to get rid of the lag.
    Since it didn't significantly help us, that means the devs need to go back to the drawing board, figure out why we lag, and fix it. I seriously doubt they could do that in a month. Especially since they first need to fix the new bugs introduced in v177 and the migration patch.
  • RakarvarRakarvar
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I found it to be mostly fixed after the optimization patch, but since then, the lag has made its way back. It's now pretty much back to the way it was after the migration, which is pretty sad. Would definitely like to see this addressed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    A guy on the subreddit provided this video:

TL;DW: he kills for 1:40 minutes and then turns on pet loot in the middle of the pile of items.
    His client proceeds to freeze for 2:30 minutes, until the everything in the pile has either been picked up or expired.
    ZomgNit
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited March 2023
    Look at the pet loot lag while in DIPQ.
    The more drops available to loot, the longer you freeze while your pets loot.
    If you have three pets while doing a run, the freeze duration while the pets loot is a lot worse.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

TL;DW: he kills for 1:40 minutes and then turns on pet loot in the middle of the pile of items.
    His client proceeds to freeze for 2:30 minutes, until the everything in the pile has either been picked up or expired.
    I wonder if a large part of the problem could be alleviated by simply reducing the amount of items that drop by a large amount. The problem of course would still exist, but it might not be as pressing and the game would be more bearable until a proper fix can be put in place.

I propose that to start with mesos no longer drop from mobs and instead go straight into your inventory. A notification can pop up on the screen when you hit max mesos and then the game could set a tag on your character so that you just get 0 mesos from mobs that you kill until the amount of mesos you have drops below max value.

Also get rid of most etc items. And of course reduce the number of simultaneous events we have at all times along with how many event drops each event comes with
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I wonder if a large part of the problem could be alleviated by simply reducing the amount of items that drop by a large amount. The problem of course would still exist, but it might not be as pressing and the game would be more bearable until a proper fix can be put in place.

I propose that to start with mesos no longer drop from mobs and instead go straight into your inventory. A notification can pop up on the screen when you hit max mesos and then the game could set a tag on your character so that you just get 0 mesos from mobs that you kill until the amount of mesos you have drops below max value.

Also get rid of most etc items. And of course reduce the number of simultaneous events we have at all times along with how many event drops each event comes with
    Watch the other video provided, of the guy in DIPQ. No meso drops, no etc drops, no potions or arrows or any of the other junk. They still lag.

The solution isn't to reduce the items (although that would be nice and also help those who have no looting pet), it's to improve whatever processing your client does for every item and meso looted.