[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Substantially increase the drop rate on rice cakes

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, people have already voiced their dissatisfaction in another thread.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2016
    Farming the first couple of stacks is easy by doing your daily DI runs (If you're lv140 or above that is). Using a Spider familiar buff and Greed Pendant I usually end up with 90-100 drops per run.
    I've also calculated the average drop rate while farming them at Warrior Grounds with the same drop rate buffs and that ended up being roughly 500 drops per hour.
    I do agree that the drop rate is rather low compared to other events with similar loot-quests.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Greed Pendant.
    That Pendant is not relevant to your findings. Greed Pendant is only used for higher Drop Rates of Equipment Only. It use to show only as "Drop Rate" as a text error.
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    i agree completely, this event is way too hard, i farm coins every day for many hours and im far away from ring,
    i only managed to make 1 S ring, the rings fail alooot and the coins are way to hard to get, increase the drop rate for rice
    also increase the chance for rings, C>B 100% B>A 85% A>S 70% or make it that we would only need 2 S rings for SS.
    also make a drop item box with random things that can give coins so farming coins from monsters would be much more relayable right now
    whole day of farming can get you to 10-20 coins if you are lucky. then you buy 2 jewls with it and fail and after awhole day of farming you go back to 0
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Today i decided to use my expiring 2xp coupons and farm at Left Stem. Took me 2.5 hours to reach cap coins with Spider and no other drop %. Seems pretty tedious to do this everyday and the rng component that has to be factored. I don't really care about this ring though so not going to bother.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited November 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Yeah the drop rate is horrendous outside of dailies. This event is more of a chore and I don't have a lot of time anymore to dedicate the entire day to farm. I know the ring is very good and should be a great reward for all the effort, but it would be more balanced to fix the drop rate and make it just a little bit easier to get coins, against the abysmal RNG. Or at least extend the event a few days or so because you chose a horrible time to change the time zone, and the fact that so many can't get into the event hall still.

EDIT: I sort of take back what I say. With the discovery of the Food Fight drop coupons (2x and 3x), the amount of time farming drops dramatically. I can finally max out on rice cakes through Evo Lab (with Kanna) and DIPQ only. It only takes a little over an hour.
    This RIGHT HERE, WE lost a day and are out 137 coins not including any bunny quest event done, the day was less than 4 hours due to european server migration and extended maintenance and the subsequent time zone change. took an entire day, taking away our chance to farm 1500 rice cakes for the 40 bonus coins bam gone from virtually all pacific time players. extend plz!!!!

• kimchikimchi
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    aye, either increase drop rate or increase the number of coins rewarded each time we fill up one of the meters. After two hours of training at upper right with a frenzy totem and lucky winters, I still hadn't gotten all the coins.
    Kuroll
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    kimchi
    kimchi said:

aye, either increase drop rate or increase the number of coins rewarded each time we fill up one of the meters. After two hours of training at upper right with a frenzy totem and lucky winters, I still hadn't gotten all the coins.
    yes agree, maybe 3 coins for the one that requre 30, 5 coins for the 60 pieces one and perhaps 10 coins for the 100 pieces one.
    or reduce price for jewl box to 5, and increase the chance of getting b> a . these rings are almost impossible to get with coins are so hard to farm
  • yaifectiveyaifective
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    So there is about 1 week left before this event end. So far the only time i been able to fully complete the rice cakes is during double drop weekend while also using either 2x or 3x drop buff with spider from the food event. I do not have that much time in which I can spend on Maplestory and I also understand that some events want you to work toward the rewards, but I feel all the time i spent toward this event for the past 3 days is a complete waste because I made no progress toward the event for the hours I put into the game this last weekend.

Prior to the weekend, I was luckily able to obtain 1 S gem and was also lucky to obtain another A gem from the box. However, I have been stuck in the same place for over 3 days because of the RNG in gem combinations. About 300 coins or more had been spent over the last few days in gem boxes have been a complete waste because of my failure to be lucky and obtain a second S gem. So now, 300 coins gone with nothing to show, I still have 1 S gem and 1 A gem in my inventory.

When people put in effort and play more, they want to feel that their efforts will be paid off with the rewards that they get. With the combining rate and drop rate of these rice cakes, I personally feel that the extra effort I put to get more playtime of Maplestory is a complete waste cause there was nothing I can show for this event.
    Like I mention, I don't have that much time I can spend playing Maplestory, so getting 300 coins was already a lot of time that was needed. I rarely get to complete the rice cakes turn in even through evo lab and dipq. Getting 50 coins per day was a high for me.

Just today, I fought over 50 mobs my level and only got 1 rice cake as a drop. With the event almost being over, I see no hope in me obtaining the SS ring with the luck that I have along with my inability to play for longer period of times. I feel that future events should be tweaked before launching so that people wouldn't have to spend over 5 hours online everyday just for a small chance of obtaining the rewards if they are unlucky. I feel the SS ring should have been a reward for people who worked toward the ring by grinding with some consistency instead of people who hit the RNG jackpot and have better combinations rate.

Overall, I think events should all be tweak so that they are able to be completed in under 2 hours a day if it happen to be a daily event. It shouldn't have to become a job/chore to play for over 5 hours per day just to complete some of these events when the rewards are RNG base in which you might end up with nothing if you are unlucky anyway.

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    as a tip, tho its unconfirmed (planning to restest if i can manage to stay on long enough to get rice cakes *glares at disconnects*) it SEEMS to ME (consider this thuroughly disclaimered now, mkay?) that if you combine the same color, there is a higher chance to get an upgraded jewel.

9 boxes=1 S rank ring today./yesterday (before day switch... im est)