[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KMST 1.2040 Kerning Tower

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion

Seems to be a high level area now ,mobs starting at 145 and the Spirit of Rock boss is now 155.

http://orangemushroom.net/2016/09/22/kmst-ver-1-2-040-kerning-tower-spring-project/

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Kerning towers*

But yah looks neat, as long as blake is no longer an absolute douche for no good reason im happy.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    That's pretty cool! I missed Kerning Square very much.
    bumbertyrLilyflower
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Kerning towers*

But yah looks neat, as long as blake is no longer an absolute douche for no good reason im happy.
    I think that's just the name in Korea? not sure. The CD map seems the same.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Awesome, it's finally returning. :D
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    wow this place looks amazing o.o more like vip mall!
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    !!! I've been waiting for Kerning Mall to get back online! Though it doesn't look like the Bubble Teas are coming back with it. That makes me kind of sad :(
  • MattoneMattone
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2016
    You go back to the old-new kerning square to fight CDs for the first part of the quest, but yeah, otherwise, none of the old monsters are back. There are some lookalike speaker monsters in the basement floor but other than them it's new stuff.

I like how the headphone monsters are called notes. Y'know, instead of beats.

• EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2016
    The new Kerning Square looks great. I'm not too sure if I like it or not that MapleStory expects us to have played the other two versions of Blake's quests (bad for newbies... but great for older players because we don't have to deal with the same storyline D:), but it looks good. The black haired girl looks kind of like a female Shade/Satsuki from Kill la Kill in sprite form (it's the hair), lol.

I would love it even more if they actually allowed shopping in the mall. It's always bothered me that they don't have a salon or anything, despite being a MALL.

And as for the headphone mobs, I am hoping they change the name for gMS. Notes sounds weird for something that is clearly a pair of headphones. Particularly, the Beats ones. If it's copyright issues, all they need is a thesaurus. Because notes sounds weird.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    For anyone curious, it looks like you'll be helping Blake to manage an idol group called the Star Gemstones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/542swf/kmst_v12040_kerning_square_revamp_and_spring/

This update also has a bunch of really nice QOL changes, including:
    • Angelic Busters being able to wear normal cash equips
    • Epic and Unique potential scrolls getting their own sprites
    • The ability to move the screenshot key off of Scroll Lock, and the ability to use ESC and Scroll Lock as regular hotkeys
    This update also includes hard-mode Von Leon, who drops Ifia accessories and Royal Von Leon equips. Additionally, a new ring called Noble Ifia's Ring (level 120, part of the Boss Accessory set) can be created when you collect all of the Ifia accessories, and you no longer require purification totems to purify Von Leon medals.

I'm pumped.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I really like this bit:
    On multi-level terrain, to make acquiring items easier, the location where items are dropped after a monster is defeated has been changed.

Also, congratulations, VFM Neospector.
  • ElectrolledElectrolled
    Reactions: 910
    edited September 2016
    "After changing channels, you will now be invincible to attacks for 3 seconds. You can now change channels after being hit by a monster’s attack."

FINALLY, AFTER 11 YEARS OF WAITING

Although I wonder if the 3 second invincibility is just their way of conceding that they'll never fix the cc freeze lag =/
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Neospector

This update also includes hard-mode Von Leon, who drops Ifia accessories and Royal Von Leon equips. Additionally, a new ring called Noble Ifia's Ring (level 120, part of the Boss Accessory set) can be created when you collect all of the Ifia accessories, and you no longer require purification totems to purify Von Leon medals.

I'm pumped.
    welp, looks like nxk completely gave up on von leon, dissapointing.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Kerning tower looks fancier now, but I was also expecting new bgms. Are the old bgms just placeholders or will they stay?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Kerning tower looks fancier now, but I was also expecting new bgms. Are the old bgms just placeholders or will they stay?
    Probably going to stay, updated my original post linking to orange mushroom blogs coverage of the update.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Probably going to stay, updated my original post linking to orange mushroom blogs coverage of the update.
    well thats disspointing :/ i really wanna see new bgm would be cool.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I really like this bit:
    On multi-level terrain, to make acquiring items easier, the location where items are dropped after a monster is defeated has been changed.

Also, congratulations, VFM Neospector.

My favorite is the 2x mesos for Ursus, myself.

And thank you.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    Neospector

The ability to move the screenshot key off of Scroll Lock, and the ability to use ESC and Scroll Lock as regular hotkeys.
    Hallelu! Finally! I won't have to keep using Print Screen on my laptop!
    bumbertyr
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited September 2016
    Awesome to see Kerning Square is coming back! I'm a little bit disappointed that the old monsters won't really be returning, since that area was super nostalgic for me, but I always was a bit creeped out by the mannequin ones.
    PhoenixKumo

Neospector

The ability to move the screenshot key off of Scroll Lock, and the ability to use ESC and Scroll Lock as regular hotkeys.
    This...is amazing news. I don't think I've ever had a computer that had a scroll lock key, so I've been having to switch the game into windowed mode to be able to take screenshots.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    PhoenixKumo

Neospector

i thought the day would never come, my favorite part is this though
    "After changing channels, you will now be invincible to attacks for 3 seconds. You can now change channels after being hit by a monster’s attack."
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited September 2016
    The new Kerning Tower looks amazing, but sadly the mobs give garbage EXP. I hope Nexon Korea increases it when it reaches the live server.
    Maybe ChinaMS/TaiwanMS can convert their alternate Kerning Square and turn it into Taipei 101, the original Kerning Square, now.