[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Account Launcher Issues

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited November 2016 in Vault
Hey Maplers,
When using a brand new account and attempting to log into the European server for the first time using the Nexon Launcher, you might encounter this message:

This is a known issue that we are looking into.
In the meantime, please use this workaround -
  1. Close MapleStory and Nexon Launcher
  2. Open Nexon Launcher
  3. Launch MapleStory
  4. ???
  5. P̶r̶o̶f̶i̶t̶ Log in and play!

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.
- The MapleStory Team
MegaScienceAronBlazeUtinsel

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    what about the issue where not new accounts are just constantly crashing to desktop either at server select screens or character selects screens
  • BrendenBrenden
    Reactions: 240
    edited November 2016
    Yea I can't log in. I am disconnected every time I try enter my pin.

• ShartacShartac
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    This method does not work for me. I haven't been able to play since the maintainence. Doesn't really matter though, there is always something not working with this game. Fix this as soon as possible please. Thanks.
  • LilyD69LilyD69
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    I signed in for first time in 3 months I log in and only luna was there where is bera and all my items?!?!
  • wili27xwili27x
    edited November 2016
    Un desastre este mantenimiento, me bota del juego a cada rato. Solo hacen q uno se aburra de este juego, ya varios se están retirando del juego por problemas con este,siempre es lo mismo.
  • BimblesBimbles
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    Tried three times and it fails every time! :(
  • VertisVertis
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, I can confirm that this doesn't appear to solve the issue.
    EDIT: Seems this could be the issue, to anyone concerned: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/13096/#Comment_13096
    Wasn't exactly easy to come by.
  • ShowkingShowking
    edited November 2016
    I cant login , and when i choose server it will automatik quit game why like that??
    innate
  • ShowkingShowking
    edited November 2016
    I cant login , and when i choose server it will automatik quit game why like that??
  • DakotaDoyleDakotaDoyle
    edited November 2016
    i am a north American player and ever since the migration I cant play at all
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    I have had issues as well, I think it is the Nexon launcher, because I have no problem with the game launcher.
    Hatebreath
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited November 2016
    I am about 50% on login crashes (not disconnects) between selecting the NA server (lags out quickly/crashes?) and getting to a character login. says something about BEX causing it.
  • DakotaDoyleDakotaDoyle
    edited November 2016
    what does BEX mean?
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Happened to me too...took me several tries to open the log in window..but then crashed again after I chose the region or log in to my account. A bit better when I use my VPN. But still have this same issue sometimes...but not as worst as without VPN. Yes , I am playing from Europe. But before the last maintenance, I got no prob .
    Hatebreath
  • HatebreathHatebreath
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    I can't even get into the game with the launcher it only says it is launching but after the securiety is booted it shuts down again.
  • DakotaDoyleDakotaDoyle
    edited November 2016
    can someone please tell me what BEX and VPN mean
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    i indeed ran into this issue but it resolved fairly quickly thanks for the informative post
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited November 2016
    DakotaDoyle

can someone please tell me what BEX and VPN mean
    VPN is Virtual Private Network which basically means hiding your ip address from the internet. I don't know what BEX is though
  • 3xtremity3xtremity
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

what about the issue where not new accounts are just constantly crashing to desktop either at server select screens or character selects screens
    The game is crashing because the servers are currently down. Right now they are doing some maintenance because there were a couple bugs in the update. If it is happening consistently than its something else. Try going to the settings on the launcher and do a repair installation.
  • dragonflyRHdragonflyRH
    edited December 2016
    want to ask why i cant get in and play, after i choose north america or europe suddenly its close and appear a box said "you cant access the game for one of the following reason. 1 the wgame world is maintenance 2.you played from banned ip 3.you connection not stable" please answer my question i want to play this game so much