[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black screen after choosing NA region

BalgaltzBalgaltz
Reactions: 310
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
The game launches, the opening video plays, and after choosing NA region, the game stays with black screen. I can hear the bgm but the screen stays black, no matter how long I wait. I have installed the latest Visual C++ stuff and NET framework. I have up to date video drivers as well.
Does anyone knows a fix? Thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    If you're playing in full-screen, try switching to windowed mode (using alt-enter).
  • BalgaltzBalgaltz
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for responding.

Already tried having it windowed mode. Still the same behavior.
  • ViCakesViCakes
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Im having the same issue! Im a new player and i would really like to play but my screen also goes black and the music still plays in the background. I am unable to close it unless i force by using ctrl alt delete.... Hopefully they will fix this because this game looks fun to play.
  • BalgaltzBalgaltz
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, same issue. Gotta do ctrl+alt+delete to close it.
    Guilmex
  • BalgaltzBalgaltz
    edited November 2016
    Okay guys, I have fixed it. I simply updated EVERYTHING.
    Graphic card drivers, .NET Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable, and very importantly, Windows Updates.

EDIT:
    Also, I had some disconnection problems, as soon as I entered into the game, I would only be able to play just a minute before disconnection.
    I applied this fix or workaround: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/59sm15/cash_shop_lag_fix/d9b4ppc/
    Now it's great.