[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Coin Exchange - Old to New Coin Ratios

Comments

• AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

spareblade

"Changes and Updates:
    A limit of 30 V Coins a day has been applied to the V Coin Exchange Event."

Are you serious? What is the point of this at ALL? Considering a large portion of the userbase can't even USE the coin exchange event because... Event Hall lag. Right. Way to kill my enthusiasm for this update that should be amazing.
    It was added because Nexon stupidly included Tynerum Shards in the coin exchange, and those can still be farmed.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5d66aq/psa_the_v_coin_exchange_is_now_officially_out/da25kae/
    So instead of removing them, they put a limit on everything.

As for the lag, it's apparently made worse due to the fact that Maple Admin is constantly scanning your inventory in order to decide whether to show you the coin exchange option.
    But then she doesn't use that information to only show you the coins you have, so you need to painfully scroll through her entire list and compare it to your inventory.

And then when you click on a coin type she doesn't do the math and suggest the maximum number of trades you can make (like some other NPCs do), but leaves it to you.

Really well designed event, Nexon. Living up to my expectations.
    They should have removed it instead of putting a limit :(
    Can't they think from players' perspective?

Now we need to visit the Event Hall more often to get the coins exchanged (if that is even possible with all the lag).

Before v.177 I also had the lag for many months and I got rid of the lag I had in the Event Hall after reformatting my computer, updated my Windows, installed latest drivers etc. This only lasted a few days before v.177 and as soon v.177 went live the lag returned.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KingStarfire

I just realized, where is the coin shop going to be placed?
    I think you can guess the answer to that one.

Other question: why can't we exchange Water Bucks and MMF coins?
    The only coins I SAVED...except a couple of Heroes coins.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

spareblade

"Changes and Updates:

Are you serious? What is the point of this at ALL? Considering a large portion of the userbase can't even USE the coin exchange event because... Event Hall lag. Right. Way to kill my enthusiasm for this update that should be amazing.
    It was added because Nexon stupidly included Tynerum Shards in the coin exchange, and those can still be farmed.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5d66aq/psa_the_v_coin_exchange_is_now_officially_out/da25kae/

As for the lag, it's apparently made worse due to the fact that Maple Admin is constantly scanning your inventory in order to decide whether to show you the coin exchange option.
    But then she doesn't use that information to only show you the coins you have, so you need to painfully scroll through her entire list and compare it to your inventory.

And then when you click on a coin type she doesn't do the math and suggest the maximum number of trades you can make (like some other NPCs do), but leaves it to you.

Really a shop would have been the appropriate place for such an exchange. No scanning of you inventory required, all you do is buy a V coin for a certain number of other coins
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

spareblade

"Changes and Updates:

Really a shop would have been the appropriate place for such an exchange. No scanning of you inventory required, all you do is buy a V coin for a certain number of other coins
    I'm not sure that's technically feasible. You'd have to have a shop that accepts 20 or 30 different types of currency. I know there are shops that accept more than one, but I can't think of any that accept more than 2 or 3.

An exchange quest is fine, but it doesn't need to scan your inventory continuously, especially when it doesn't use the information gathered to make your life easier (by only offering to accept the coins you have, and by suggesting to exchange the maximum possible number).
  • NobleEvanNobleEvan
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited November 2016
    owh darn, i just dropped old coins...
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I completely forgot about the coin exchange. I also forgot that my main was carrying 1k mustache combs and scissors this whole time. Too bad it will take days to exchange all of that, plus my other coins.

Surprisingly, I'm not lagging despite carrying many of the coin options. It could be something else causing the lag or maybe I lucked out and stopped lagging.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    Why no MMF coins, Rice cake coins and Oda coins in this list?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    July
    July said:

Why no MMF coins, Rice cake coins and Oda coins in this list?
    The coin exchange is meant for us to get some use out of old useless coins. Rice cake is an ongoing event, you should use the coins in the Rice Cake Coin shop.
    Oda coins will be able to be used when Sengoku High returns again.

MMF coins, though, as well as Aqua Bucks, should be added to the exchange.
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    ahhh im mad.. why coulnt they do like 5 per 1 or 3 per 1.... 10-15 coins for 1 is too much hahaha
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    yukimori
    yukimori said:

ahhh im mad.. why coulnt they do like 5 per 1 or 3 per 1.... 10-15 coins for 1 is too much hahaha
    I think the exchange rate is fine (wouldn't want too many V coins given out), but I would have preferred it if they rounded up, so you could get one more V coin with the last few of an old coin you have.

For example, I have exactly 36 Black Friday coins on a bunch of mules. (I can't remember when or how those coins were given out and why I couldn't use them). But due to the exchange rate now (13:1) I can only get 2 V coins from them and have 10 Black Friday coins left over. Wish I could trade those last 10 in for another coin.

I've always been pretty careful about using up my event coins before an event ends, so I only have fewer than 10 coins of each type. Would have been really nice if I could turn each of those little stacks into a V coin.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    NobleEvan
    NobleEvan said:

owh darn, i just dropped old coins...
    Same haha

And not so long ago, feels (like 1-2 months, had thousands of those)
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    dang it. i exchanged 1 time and now i cant find the option again? i also threw away the old stuff. god bless coin bag though.
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Yay, coin exchange!

Through Maple Admin in Event Hall.
    lol now we just need to add a gif of someone doing the moonwalk and it'd be perfect