[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ursus causes crashes after certain attacks

Comments

• astrosnotastrosnot
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Holzbell
    Holzbell said:

Did you guys try changing the opacity of attacks? Maybe that would prevent it from happening. D:
    Trust me, my team has tried everything that we could think of: skill transparency, healing and not healing, not attacking, staying alive or dead, changing the direction in which Ursus faces, removing HP-healing familiars, staying away from Ursus when someone gets grabbed, going in solo, and more.

Besides, ever since our remote effects toggle was removed I've had all skills at 0% opacity upon entering Ursus. I'm still mourning the loss of the toggle. :'( Skill transparency just doesn't work the same way.

• RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    AS of 11/11/2016, Ursus may be fixed now. Our teams in broa managed to finish 3 runs without any major party dc. We only had a couple of people dc, which might be from lag because they dced a couple of times.

Another note, Hero's combo orbs will come back now after being eaten. must re toggle or apply panic/puncture.
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @RayKuda Did you notice any chewing mouth grabs in any of your runs? How many people were in the raid and how long did it take for the kill? Please give us an update after you attempt more runs! I'm glad that you somehow made it through three full runs.

My team of six in Reboot crashed 2 out of 3 runs on Nov 11th, and they were all partial runs (we were aiming for only 10k team score) to avoid the bug and receive rewards. We haven't attempted this in a larger team since the first week of patch v.177. Perhaps a faster kill is what we need to circumvent the bug.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Wonder if it could be some sort of combined bug with the %ignore dmg lines and damage reflect skills like some other thread mentioned? And crashing only occurs when people that fill those requirements get grabbed/eaten?
    Pure speculation though.
  • bluebrushbluebrush
    Reactions: 575
    edited November 2016
    Crashed on chew as of 11/12/16 (11/13/16 server time). Both a throw and a consume occurred on the same run without incident.
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    astrosnot
    astrosnot said:

@RayKuda Did you notice any chewing mouth grabs in any of your runs? How many people were in the raid and how long did it take for the kill? Please give us an update after you attempt more runs! I'm glad that you somehow made it through three full runs.
    We had 18 people for each run. rip my fps (6-15) :(. Now that I Think about it, i'm not sure if we had any chewing attacks, or even mouth toss. I'm normally the main mouth catcher, but I don't remember there being any mouth eating attacks. Maybe we got lucky. Our run host might upload a video of it, in till then i'll have to check again.

EDIT: We must have gotten lucky with no mouth chews. We seemed to have only 1 mouth toss.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=vHq4hlUBccQ
    EDIT2: Yeah today we had 2 runs get a mouth chew, which still dc's. But it seems ursus is holding back on mouth/hand attacks.
  • NarogNarog
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    please fix
  • bluebrushbluebrush
    Reactions: 575
    edited November 2016
    still broken after 11/17 maint - please fix
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I can confirm that this issue no longer persists in v.178.3.0! :)

My 4-person group on Reboot completed three runs on Dec 2nd at around 2 AM PST, and we did not experience client crashes after any of Ursus's attacks (mouth/paw grabs, chews, throws). Can any other groups corroborate on this? My group will do another three runs after the next reset.
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The last phase has also been fixed as well. Ursus no longer randomly breaks out of her tantrum during that phase and will continue to do it.
    No more last second bombs. :D

Oh and bombs have varying timers now? Might have something to do with the changed status resistance system?