[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can you get banned from refusing to CC?

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I don't feel like CC'ing most of the times and this dude was like "i'm going to report you if you don't CC"
here i am sitting if it bothers you so much why don you cc?
or better yet create a party.

pretty sure he's just salty.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    :T Why would he get so mad if you are just...sitting. o-o"
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    That reminds me. Back when we had Supreme in EMS, there was only one channel. Of course, no one was able to kill more then a single mob at a time, too.
  • CendrielCendriel
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2016
    You can't. I've been personally told that even if you do attack and ks someone, it's a "free for all''
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Cendriel
    Cendriel said:

You can't. I've been personally told that even if you do attack and ks someone, it's a "free for all''
    Yeah, there is nothing against KSing, only difference would be by purposely chasing/following someone through channel changes and maps and ksing them which would then constitute harassment.

• SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited November 2016
    thank you all for the feedback :3
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    If you're just sitting there, you're doing nothing wrong.

One of my biggest pet peeves in this game was when I would be looking for a channel and while scanning the map, not killing, if there was a person there they'd automatically say "cc pls". I'M NOT EVEN KILLING ANYTHING, JUST CHECKING IF THERE'S ANYONE. And THAT made me want to KS them so badly, but I never did.
    gamechanger
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in this game was when I would be looking for a channel and while scanning the map, not killing, if there was a person there they'd automatically say "cc pls". I'M NOT EVEN KILLING ANYTHING, JUST CHECKING IF THERE'S ANYONE. And THAT made me want to KS them so badly, but I never did.
    You're too much of a saint, lol.

I recently when leveling my bucc back at golden beach was doing the last leg of the quests (one with the kill x amount of octopus) aran was there, level 60 something just killing the map as I walked by "CC PLZ". I went orly, had my bishop friend come and buff me and killed the map, I hate people that have zero patience and I don't tolerate that nonsense anymore. Community is complete crap now, not like the early years.

• MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Knightzhell

I recently when leveling my bucc back at golden beach was doing the last leg of the quests (one with the kill x amount of octopus) aran was there, level 60 something just killing the map as I walked by "CC PLZ". I went orly, had my bishop friend come and buff me and killed the map, I hate people that have zero patience and I don't tolerate that nonsense anymore. Community is complete crap now, not like the early years.
    Because it's a thing that I don't do, I never intentionally KS even if those people angered me so much for just walking in their map.
    I never say "cc please" until the person actually starts killing, but not right away either. Sometimes people kill because they're getting swarmed and they don't want to die or they didn't see anyone in the map, so I let that slide, but if they start moving and killing more, then I will ask them.

It's called having respect for others in the game. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like that.
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Knightzhell

Because it's a thing that I don't do, I never intentionally KS even if those people angered me so much for just walking in their map.
    I never say "cc please" until the person actually starts killing, but not right away either. Sometimes people kill because they're getting swarmed and they don't want to die or they didn't see anyone in the map, so I let that slide, but if they start moving and killing more, then I will ask them.

It's called respect for others in the game. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like that.
    Yeah this aran pretty much went from left to right following me while attacking + spamming cc please. That's pretty much why I did what I did, normally I wouldn't do that. I've never told anyone to cc ever, most of the time they'll just move on or change after awhile. Plus it gets lonely playing normal maps and seeing maps barren for hours cause the exp gain isn't "efficient".
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Knightzhell

Yeah this aran pretty much went from left to right following me while attacking + spamming cc please. That's pretty much why I did what I did, normally I wouldn't do that. I've never told anyone to cc ever, most of the time they'll just move on or change after awhile. Plus it gets lonely playing normal maps and seeing maps barren for hours cause the exp gain isn't "efficient".
    Yeah, I mean what does it matter if the person is just walking in your map? They're scoping out the area, if they're not killing then it's fine. Don't ask them to cc if they're just walking. So I get why you did it. It's infuriating.
    Knightzhellgamechanger
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Continuously following that player after he/she changes channel is harassment; however, refusing to cc is not bannable.
    Source: live support
    AtrialTachy
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I thought I remember people getting temp banned for KSing in the past. Not channel-chasing ksing, but just like, it's 2x and they're fighting over one channel lol. And the guy that was there first called in a gm and got the other guy banned. People were saying that falls under harassment or something.

Those are pretty rare cases, though, so maybe there was more to the story, like a flame war. If everyone got banned for just ksing, then there'd be a lot less people...
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Continuously following that player after he/she changes channel is harassment; however, refusing to cc is apparently not.
    Source: live support
    Had a player follow me regardless of me changing channels even after I said "you can have the map" it was annoying had to log off for the day. ...

As for the OP, you are not forced to cc you could find another map or afk while that person uses the map, you can't get banned for sitting in the map, just be careful if someone stumbles in, they might confuse it for leeching or your alt botting. This could cause issues. ;)
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Sockerfri
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Well I stumbled upon a botter today and I was able to deduce the botting apps function through my observations.

There was 1 Kanna mule, and 1 Flame wizard in a map somewhere in the far east. Whenever I entered the map the bot stopped attacking. There was no one else there but me and him and every time I switched channels new items would have spawned on the ground. So there are 2 types, from my experience, of botters. Ones that automatically switch channels as soon as someone else enters that map and channel, and the new one where you simply automatically stop attacking and remain afk while continuously summoning a monster card to override the function where you're not able to attack while doing so in the exakt same spot for a certain period of time. I reported this guy but even 12 hours after he was still there.....doing the same shi*.... I would IP ban every single one of them

WE WILL BUILD A GIANT FIREWALL, AND WE WILL MAKE THE BOTTERS PAY FOR IT WITH THE MONEY THEY MADE FROM BOTTING, MAKE MAPLESTORY GREAT AGAIN!
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    It seems the polite way to go about would be to just say you are afk and the map is open. He probably felt like you might decide to start killing again after he begins training and feels threatened by your presence. Which sounds silly i know, but especially in the lower levels there can be quite a bit of drama over maps at times.

I'm starting to get horrible flashbacks of when mechanics were popular x.x
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    BlargleDerg

It seems the polite way to go about would be to just say you are afk and the map is open. He probably felt like you might decide to start killing again after he begins training and feels threatened by your presence. Which sounds silly i know, but especially in the lower levels there can be quite a bit of drama over maps at times. I'm starting to get horrible flashbacks of when mechanics were popular x.x
    Maybe he was about to use like a 2x coupon or something and was afraid that it would be wasted if the guy started ksing him in the middle of his grind session. I know the feeling
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    if u just sit and do nothing then its ok,
    but if u not in level range and u ks every elite mobs&boss that spawn u may get a ban.. and deserve us to throw a tomatoes on your face f3
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I hate those people, the worst ones were the leechers who would sit in DH maps (before they were thankfully nerfed) without anyone attacking. They would just wait for 1 person to come and start killing stuff so they don't have to do work. I always refused to CC for leechers like that. Rude as f*** people they were, trying to hold a map when they aren't even using it.