[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

These events have broken me...

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
With the Haste Hidden Weekly Mission freezing me every-time I kill a group of mobs. Commerci Merchant Union was a nightmare.

Jewelcrafting RNG not being so nice... literally 200 coins rendered to nothingness setting me back to where I was yesterday.

I can only hope that I'll finish these events through sheer luck.

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    I prefer my approach of no longer participating in 90% of the events that this game gets. There are just way too many of them, which results in fairly lame rewards relative to the effort/RNG required to get them most of the time
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    It'd be pretty cool if we could have more events set up like the haste event. Things you can actually accomplish in the process of normal gameplay, instead of having to go out of your way and rely on pure RNG.
    NiightseekerKylehell007
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

It'd be pretty cool if we could have more events set up like the haste event. Things you can actually accomplish in the process of normal gameplay, instead of having to go out of your way and rely on pure RNG.
    ... assuming, of course, that having the quest monitoring your normal gameplay doesn't render your normal gameplay too painful to do...
  • DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

... assuming, of course, that having the quest monitoring your normal gameplay doesn't render your normal gameplay too painful to do...
    @Akradian i got a quick Question for you......

how do you kill the Inferno Wolf? is it luck based?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

@Akradian i got a quick Question for you......

The inferno wolf has a LOT of HP and you're not really expected to kill it when you go into his den, just do damage. Everyone who goes into its den in the two hours of its life does some damage.
    When it finally dies, either because someone OP killed it or because its timer expired, everyone who attacked it gets some rewards.
    I believe that counts as you "killing the wolf", but I'm not 100% sure. If it doesn't count, then it means you have to be lucky enough to be in its den when it's killed. Which is a very low chance.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

I got the clear for "defeat the inferno wolf" simply by fighting him. If you don't know what he is at all, he is a boss monster that you can fight when a portal semi-randomly appears while you're mobbing. Just enter the portal and deal as much damage as you can for the 30 seconds you have to attack him.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

Deckiatv
    Deckiatv said:

I got the clear for "defeat the inferno wolf" simply by fighting him. If you don't know what he is at all, he is a boss monster that you can fight when a portal semi-randomly appears while you're mobbing. Just enter the portal and deal as much damage as you can for the 30 seconds you have to attack him.

Yup, you will always get a clear as long as you manage to survive the duration of your fight with the Flame Wolf.

On another note, defeating it will also count as a clear.