[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Post extended maintenance updates?

MsPoet84MsPoet84
Reactions: 300
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
How hard is it.... to tell us maintenance is being extended and give us a new projected ending time.... It's common courteous really... act like you appreciate the people making you rich...

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    They don't know. Maintenance got extended because something unexpected happened.
    For example, maybe one of the fixes they wanted to apply didn't work. So now they have to talk to the devs in Korea and ask them to check what broke and how long it would take to fix it right.
    How can they give you an estimate if they don't even know? Would you rather they just randomly say "an hour" and then either finish early or extend it again?

If it's any reassurance, the last two times the maintenance was "extended until further notice" it actually was less than half an hour. So maybe they also say "until further notice" when it's really "any minute now".

Patience.
    MsPoet84
  • MsPoet84MsPoet84
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Well honestly I would rather multiple extension but I'm just being whining because I miss Mapleing lol but thanks for your explanation of why they can't.... Long ago they use to be amazing at it..
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited November 2016
    They used to do that. But then they were never correct. So people complained about how incorrect they were with time estimation.

I guess it's a matter of picking your poison.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2016
    Well, we're never going to be happy with an extended maintenance, not much to do about it. Like, I'm really so happy about getting the time from 4 pm to 9 pm, not being able to play for the best part of the afternoon, just to get the extension notice and losing the evening too...

Now that I'm done with my rant ( :P ), let's just say I would like some more communication, something like "this bug wasn't solved" or "an exploit popped up and we can't go live with that" or even just "korean developers are sleeping cause it's night there so wait tomorrow"; just that little something that makes me think I know what's going on or at least if it's something possibly major, so I can go and find something else to do, or something minor, so I can keep up my hopes for hours thinking it's going to be solved soon and I'll get to play.
    HieroNobleEvan
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Please for the love of god, if you're going to extend it fix the problem with the afterlands key quest, and new kaisers missing the dragon link skill.
  • Wort117Wort117
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    I recently interviewed an IT manager that works at the headquarters of a major corporation, and one of the things that he said was most important was managing expectations. If a customer wants something done by a certain date, AS SOON as you know it's not going to happen, you need to inform them, and give a new, reasonably accurate revised date. Nexon is absolutely terrible at this.
    MsPoet84