[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scheduled Maintenance - November 17, 2016

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited November 2016 in Vault
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18486/update-scheduled-maintenance-november-17-2016

[Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice.

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM Pacific (10:00 AM Eastern / 3:00 PM UTC). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours, concluding around 12:00 PM Pacific (3:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM UTC).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

Thanks for your patience!

Time:

Thursday, November 17, 2016
Pacific: 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Eastern: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
UTC: 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM

What will be unavailable:

All MapleStory game servers.
Changes and Updates:
  • A limit of 30 V Coins a day has been applied to the V Coin Exchange Event.
  • Players will no longer encounter the 'Trouble Logging in' message when launching through the Nexon Launcher.
  • Players will no longer receive the 'Trouble Logging in' message and crash afterwards.
  • The Star Force Enhancement system will no longer charge twice the amount of mesos when enhancing items.
  • The game client will no longer crash when attempting to begin the Dragon Rider Party Quest.
  • The Odd-Eyed Face will display correctly when used with the Ouch facial expression.
  • The quest 'Making Rice Cakes' will no longer contain Korean text when it is completed.
  • Characters who remain within 'Secret Stories' after the event ends will be teleported to Henesys after the maintenance.
  • The Star Force Enhancement Chance Time will no longer incorrectly fail when used.
  • Back-end maintenance and updates to server specs will be performed.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    1. Why did you place a limit on exchanging coins, instead of removing the option to exchange Tynerum Shards?
    It's hard enough to get into Event Hall and talk to Maple Admin once. I don't see why we should have to do it again and again over several days just because we have a lot of old coins.
    It's not like people can "abuse" the event with actual old coins. Only the Tynerum Shards can still be obtained. So take them out.

2. Speaking of Event Hall lag, why isn't this maintenance moving the Jewelcrafting Moon Bunny out of Event Hall and into Henesys, for example?

3. Also speaking of Event Hall, please bring Mr. Lee back, since it's been determined he's blameless.

4. Why is there no mention of the Luna Kinghts Chamber issue? Does it seem acceptable to you that so many characters are completely unusable for a week already? Just cut that map out of the game (by making the portal from Crossroads of Ereve go directly to the map with Cygnus and Neinheart, and vice versa) and warp everyone out of it and into Ereve proper.
    ShakaAlekKoffieperresparebladePlasticHollyIts2Sharp4UAbyIvangoldNeverOpContrastand 2 others.
  • perreperre
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    when can i play maplestory in the netherlands again?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    Was really hoping on an Ereve fix :(
    Yonax
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    Is it expected to run past reset and if so, will there be event extensions due to this? We've had a lot of extra downtime lately.
    KoffieAby
  • Liege_LelouchLiege_Lelouch
    Reactions: 910
    edited November 2016
    nice la.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2016
    perre
    perre said:

when can i play maplestory in the netherlands again?
    Probably tomorrow, unless you want to play at night once the maintenance is finished...
    perre
  • hehexdhehexd
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    can we get a better update than "maintenance has beeen extended until further notice"
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

1. Why did you place a limit on exchanging coins, instead of removing the option to exchange Tynerum Shards?
    It's hard enough to get into Event Hall and talk to Maple Admin once. I don't see why we should have to do it again and again over several days just because we have a lot of old coins.
    It's not like people can "abuse" the event with actual old coins. Only the Tynerum Shards can still be obtained. So take them out.
    2. Speaking of Event Hall lag, why isn't this maintenance moving the Jewelcrafting Moon Bunny out of Event Hall and into Henesys, for example?
    3. Also speaking of Event Hall, ...
    4. ...
    Quoting and bolding for prosperity. I think the underlying issue here is the EVENT HALL. Fix it please. Thank you.

That is all.
  • VolkswagenVolkswagen
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Three hours later.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    game is up, but channels 3&4 are still down all servers
  • VolkswagenVolkswagen
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Not for me. When I launch it it says "Product is currently in use."

The heck is that?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

game is up, but channels 3&4 are still down all servers
    They're not.

Nexon must have shuffled computers around during this maintenance, and now channels 3 and 4 aren't at the IP addresses that third-party status checkers think they should be.
  • perre222perre222
    edited November 2016
    when i log in and i go to the channel screen, and i click on a channel, it still says having trouble loggin in? than i click ok and than it crashes, i thought it was fixt?
    can somebody help me if he/she knows what i can do?
  • SiegmundSiegmund
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    Still having trouble logging in. Im a EU player.
    perre222
  • TAKaiserTAKaiser
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Yup, Same here - still getting the 'Having trouble logging in' message.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    So, I don't know if it was always this way, but the Maple Admin is now showing up on the NPC list for Leafre. Of course she isn't actually THERE, but I guess it's a start, right? -snort-
  • JontenoJonteno
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    Yhe, in legends told and in secret scrolls it was written. That today ,was going to be the day that "having trouble loggin in" issue was going to be vanquished from the world of maplestory.. but the prophecies where proven wrong! And "having trouble loggin in" stayed... and so tis, since the great day of migration, the children hasn't played and frolic in the world of maple..
    perre222
  • perre222perre222
    edited November 2016
    hate this so much, al my good characters are on that account, it crashes by the channel screen.
    is it so difficult to fix it?
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Also still getting trouble logging in? message.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Are all of you that are having the trouble logging message playing from EU?