[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Scheduled Maintenance - November 17, 2016

Comments

• NativeftwNativeftw
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Yes I am.
  • JontenoJonteno
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    Yes, i think soo
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Still disconnecting in dragon rider party quest maps.
  • SiegmundSiegmund
    Reactions: 350
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Are all of you that are having the trouble logging message playing from EU?
    YEP... HELP ME
    perre222
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Siegmund
    Siegmund said:

KThxBaiNao

Are all of you that are having the trouble logging message playing from EU?
    YEP... HELP ME
    HOLD FAST. I WILL DO WHAT I CAN.

JontenoJettLuvsU
  • perre222perre222
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    i think the people with trouble are al playing on europe
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Hi @AKradian ! My answers are in bold.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

1. Why did you place a limit on exchanging coins, instead of removing the option to exchange Tynerum Shards?
    It's hard enough to get into Event Hall and talk to Maple Admin once. I don't see why we should have to do it again and again over several days just because we have a lot of old coins.
    It's not like people can "abuse" the event with actual old coins. Only the Tynerum Shards can still be obtained. So take them out.

This is a good point, and one that I have brought up, and will bring up again. :)

2. Speaking of Event Hall lag, why isn't this maintenance moving the Jewelcrafting Moon Bunny out of Event Hall and into Henesys, for example?
    I cannot answer this with absolute certainty, but I can ask about moving the Moon Bunny again.

3. Also speaking of Event Hall, please bring Mr. Lee back, since it's been determined he's blameless.
    #FreeMrLee

4. Why is there no mention of the Luna Kinghts Chamber issue? Does it seem acceptable to you that so many characters are completely unusable for a week already? Just cut that map out of the game (by making the portal from Crossroads of Ereve go directly to the map with Cygnus and Neinheart, and vice versa) and warp everyone out of it and into Ereve proper.
    I believe the Luna Knights Chamber Issue was intended to be fixed. If it is not in the maintenance notes before we complete, it's because they want to do additional testing on the live servers. I see now that it's been added.
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited November 2016
    perre222
    perre222 said:

i think the people with trouble are al playing on europe
    I am from Australia and play in windia. i can't log neither.

I was able to log soon server up though, but now i can't, it has been almost 1 hour.
  • PorkFilletsPorkFillets
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    That feeling when the same issues are there after the maintenance :'(
  • WhutWhut
    Reactions: 745
    edited November 2016
    YAAASS! Luna Knight's Chamber crash has been fixed. After a week I'm finally able to play on my main again
  • ShameOnYouShameOnYou
    edited November 2016
    Im not an EU player, and im also getting the log-in message problem. Khaini server
  • khelkhel
    Reactions: 445
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    DC issues in Dragon Rider PQ map is still here. Maintenance extended to over 8 hours and this is still not fixed???
  • FrancineSmithFrancineSmith
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    So... should we wait another week for a patch to actually fix EU connection issues? This is getting out of hand.

Also I have a question. Since we can't log in since the migration, will we receive those bonus from it? It's already really unfair and if you take those away from make, will make it even worse.
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    edited November 2016
    Yeah also would be lame if we missed bonus exp weekend also. :/
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    This might be a little bit late for me to say this

Welcome to GMS
  • ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    TFW nexon pushes 5th job hard but people can't even play. All we want is some transparency on why simple fixes such as moving NPCs takes so long to implement and if harder issues such as crashes are being worked on.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Hi @KThxBaiNao ! My answers are in italics.
    KThxBaiNao

Hi AKradian ! My answers are in bold.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

1. Why did you place a limit on exchanging coins, instead of removing the option to exchange Tynerum Shards?
    It's hard enough to get into Event Hall and talk to Maple Admin once. I don't see why we should have to do it again and again over several days just because we have a lot of old coins.
    It's not like people can "abuse" the event with actual old coins. Only the Tynerum Shards can still be obtained. So take them out.

This is a good point, and one that I have brought up, and will bring up again. :)

Thank you.
    Please hurry. The exchange event ends in 11 days.

2. Speaking of Event Hall lag, why isn't this maintenance moving the Jewelcrafting Moon Bunny out of Event Hall and into Henesys, for example?
    I cannot answer this with absolute certainty, but I can ask about moving the Moon Bunny again.
    Please hurry. The event is halfway over already.
    And while you're at it, make sure future event NPCs (like, for example, the V Coin Shop) don't get put in Event Hall until its lag issue is resolved.

3. Also speaking of Event Hall, please bring Mr. Lee back, since it's been determined he's blameless.
    #FreeMrLee
    I'll take that as a "He'll be back next maintenance."

4. Why is there no mention of the Luna Kinghts Chamber issue? Does it seem acceptable to you that so many characters are completely unusable for a week already? Just cut that map out of the game (by making the portal from Crossroads of Ereve go directly to the map with Cygnus and Neinheart, and vice versa) and warp everyone out of it and into Ereve proper.
    I believe the Luna Knights Chamber Issue was intended to be fixed. If it is not in the maintenance notes before we complete, it's because they want to do additional testing on the live servers. I see now that it's been added.
    As for the Knights Chamber issue...
    First of all, I'm happy that it's fixed. Thank you.

Second, about not putting stuff you're not sure of in the maintenance notice - by the same logic, maybe you shouldn't put anything in there. I mean, this maintenance didn't fix either Crimson Sky Dock or the "having trouble logging in" issues, despite them being listed in the notice. Even the Rice Cake collection quests still display Korean text sometimes... So no fix is guaranteed to work.

I know that I, personally, would rather know what is being attempted, even if it fails. It would give me a clue as to what issues are being worked on. (But this goes back to the whole "communication about bugs" issue: more transparency is always good, in my opinion)
    Other people might prefer to not have their hopes raised and then dashed. But I don't think anyone wants to see blank maintenance notices.
    So I guess there is no easy answer to that.
  • DakotaDoyleDakotaDoyle
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    I'm a north American player and even after the maintenance Maplestory still crashes before I can choose my character
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18486/update-scheduled-maintenance-november-17-2016

The game client will no longer crash when attempting to begin the Dragon Rider Party Quest.

no crash, now you just DC, is that considered fixed?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The lag from the new event eugh.....