[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

V-Event Share Points

TumTum
Reactions: 400
edited November 2016 in General Chat
How do you get points in the V-Event (Share Prize) other than posting to Facebook and Twitter? I've sent the link to multiple friends and they clicked it, but the points don't go up. Can someone explain to me how this system works please???

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    You only get points by clicking the share button for each separate page. You do not get points based on how many times the link is clicked (nor do you need to actually "confirm" share).

So far we can share the following pages:
    - Main Page
    - Web Event: Share V News & Update to Earn Free Prizes
    - Blog: SavageAce Talks V
    - Livestream: Mark Your Calendar! Nov. 17
    - Video: The Official V Update Announcement Trailer
    - News: MapleStory V Begins Nov. 30

That's a total of 1200 available points. More pages will be released each day until the share event ends.
    ReturnedNoob
  • ReturnedNoobReturnedNoob
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    That's good to know. I have 700 points at the moment thanks to another "Coming Soon" box got opened up. I don't have Twitter, so Facebook is my only means to gain points. So I won't be able to get everything by next week, unless they decide to increase the amount of points you get as we get closer to the update.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ReturnedNoob

That's good to know. I have 700 points at the moment thanks to another "Coming Soon" box got opened up. I don't have Twitter, so Facebook is my only means to gain points. So I won't be able to get everything by next week, unless they decide to increase the amount of points you get as we get closer to the update.
    Just create a throwaway twitter account for this? Would be a shame to miss out on the rewards.
    ReturnedNoob
  • ReturnedNoobReturnedNoob
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

ReturnedNoob

Just create a throwaway twitter account for this? Would be a shame to miss out on the rewards.
    Haha that's what's literally keeping me up at almost 5am in the morning here in Brooklyn, NY. I just made the Twitter account and shared it all the stuff from the 5th Job Micro Site. I now have 1,400 Points. I've never really been hyped for an update for Maple Story since I hardly play or have max level characters, but this looks pretty darn good and looking forward to how this all goes. What has me concerned is that there's 8 days left til this event ends, and we need 2,700 points to get to Tier 5 for all the goodies. Unless they plan on increasing the amount of points, I don't think that can be done in 8 days. Meh, I might be overthinking it so I'll let you guys talk it out. I just might be doing the math in my head wrong or something.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ReturnedNoob

AKradian
    AKradian said:

ReturnedNoob

Haha that's what's literally keeping me up at almost 5am in the morning here in Brooklyn, NY. I just made the Twitter account and shared it all the stuff from the 5th Job Micro Site. I now have 1,400 Points. I've never really been hyped for an update for Maple Story since I hardly play or have max level characters, but this looks pretty darn good and looking forward to how this all goes. What has me concerned is that there's 8 days left til this event ends, and we need 2,700 points to get to Tier 5 for all the goodies. Unless they plan on increasing the amount of points, I don't think that can be done in 8 days. Meh, I might be overthinking it so I'll let you guys talk it out. I just might be doing the math in my head wrong or something.
    There are 15 squares plus the main page. 200 points each, that adds up to 3200.
    We'll get there, don't worry.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

ReturnedNoob

AKradian
    AKradian said:

ReturnedNoob

There are 15 squares plus the main page. 200 points each, that adds up to 3200.
    We'll get there, don't worry.
    Exactly, there's plenty of time for all of us to get enough points, there's no need to stress about it. Just chill and share.
  • AhruAhru
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    The contents we've been sharing will show up on our account at the end of event?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ahru
    Ahru said:

The contents we've been sharing will show up on our account at the end of event?
    I am not sure what you mean by this question.

If you mean your facebook account, then once you've shared a link it stays on your wall until you decide to remove it.
    If you mean your Nexon account, then I don't understand what it means to have content show up on it.

Please try to elaborate your question?
  • MomoJiriMomoJiri
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone gotten their prizes yet?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    MomoJiri
    MomoJiri said:

Has anyone gotten their prizes yet?
    Yes. They're in the giftbox notifier on the left of your screen.
  • JonyMaplerJonyMapler
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2016
    They give the prize yesterday... you had to share anything that nexon put on the micro-site but you need it to be logged in the web.
  • Onyx1990Onyx1990
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    This might be a dumb question, but are you still able to participate in the share event? I wasn't aware of the event before today, guess I need to read more into things lol