[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple will not run

CocoDriloCocoDrilo
Reactions: 640
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
I have problems with my laptop and desktop systems at home,

on my windows 7 desktop the screen goes black after selecting North America.. i have already tried skipping the video, running the game directly through the game launcher as administrator, also using the nexon launcher leads to the same results

on my windows 10 new laptop its even worse, it will not even load for the servers to come up, i tried using the windows 7 compatibility mode but it does not respond,
GameLauncher.exe as admin on win 7 compability mode same issue
Nexon Launcher same issue.
i tried running the setup.exe file and got an error "Unable to Gather system information please check if you have Direct X 8.1 or higher installed "

All tests were performed on recently installed versions of maplestory
Any Help will be greatly appreciated
JotaLeJoltGuilgaxSekireiFTW

Comments

• AqoAqo
    Reactions: 550
    edited November 2016
    I have the same problem. Hopefully Nexon can get the problem fixed.
  • GuilgaxGuilgax
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the group man, lot of people having the same problem, and no communication from their part have been made...
    TaoSin
  • Innocent697Innocent697
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    I just started playing the game again .. but what is all this... there is a 2nd server and whenever i hit north america i disconnect??
  • RaverRoseRaverRose
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    My best guess as to what is currently happening is that Nexon might be running into some issues differentiating between North American and European accounts. Since there are multiple accounts on these Servers, there might still be accounts where changes might not have been applied correctly. This would explain the reason for why there have been so many Server Maintenance's in these past couple of days.
  • leleleulleleleul
    Reactions: 900
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm on Windows 7 laptop and everytime I open MapleStory on the Nexon launcher, when I'm on the region selection page or on world selection page, and not responding message pops up no matter how many times I retry. I restarted computer already. Can anyone offer any advice on how I can play MapleStory without any crashes or disconnections?
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    edited November 2016
    I guess it must be really bad for nexon having some players try to come back to the game and they cant even log in to it, I hope they fix this fast or everyone with the problem will just lose interest, There are so many free games out there now....
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited November 2016
    Same problem and all these events we cant even do like wtf ....
  • TaoSinTaoSin
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    I have the same issue, maybe they gonna answer us. Im waiting for 5th patch to come, hopefuly they gonna fix the issue, if not im gonna quit this ...
  • CocoDriloCocoDrilo
    edited November 2016
    I guess we will just wait till november 30 then...
    TaoSin