[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game won't do anything after starting up

HatebreathHatebreath
Reactions: 410
edited November 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
I can't get it to start on my pc no matter what methods I try.

Comments

• KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    You did all of these things?

Reinstall, modify the compatibility options, change MapleStory's priority in Task Manager, install the lastest drivers (or maybe get some older ones if MapleStory previously worked on your PC but after a update from Windows 10, MapleStory stopped working).

If you did all of this and none worked, try to see if others have your problem in the technical issues sub-forum.

I think Nexon did a patch when Windows 10 was fresh out of Microsoft's oven and made MapleStory Windows 10 compatible. So I don't think it's a Windows 10 exclusive problem, but a more general problem.

Also, in which way it doesn't work?

Crash while it loads (you can see an orange mushroom jumping if it loads), never opens while giving you an error code (you never see a loading in this case), or the game opens, you can login and play a little, and only after that it crashes?
    Hatebreath
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I've been playing Maple on w10 the day w10 got released. I haven't had any problems outside of the normal ones.

You should look into @KamiNoBeniMizu 's reply. He has a lot of things you should look into to narrow your problem
  • cartiantycartianty
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    Got the same problem. I bought a new pc with w10 did all that was asked and still can`t play???
    It just keeps saying input not supported what it means I really don`t know.
    JUST FIX THIS GAME IM PLAYING FOR YEARS AND NOW I JUST CAN~T ANYMORE
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    i run windows 10 and the game is fine for me o_o
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    insert comment that brags about being able to run MS with Windows 10 and doesn't offer any help at all
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

insert comment that brags about being able to run MS with Windows 10 and doesn't offer any help at all
    A person already posted a few solutions to the problem on this thread. People replying that they can run it on windows 10 is proving that the problem is not simply because of windows 10. There needs to be more information to narrow down where it went wrong.

Plus this is in the wrong thread completely. You should be in Tech Support thread to find an actual solution.
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    LeeTbeats
    LeeTbeats said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

A person already posted a few solutions to the problem on this thread. People replying that they can run it on windows 10 is proving that the problem is not simply because of windows 10. There needs to be more information to narrow down where it went wrong.

Plus this is in the wrong thread completely. You should be in Tech Support thread to find an actual solution.
    All I know is that MapleStory can be a pain sometimes. One time, their very anti-cheat program (way before blackcipher), went berserk and thought most of my programs were cheating programs and wouldn't let the game open at all. After, it just randomly crashed, it just stopped working, or the worst: because... I moved the screenshots out of the MapleStory folder.

That was the worst thing that made the game stop working for some reason or another, and I think it happened twice. I mean, what's coded in the screenshots for the game to think it's an essential part of itself!? Sometimes I moved the screenshots back into it, it worked, other times, it didn't.

It was laughably awful.

@Hatebreath/cartianty
    So yeah. If you changed anti-viruses, installed something new (that in turn installed drivers or other programs that weren't there), or some programs updated (which might update drivers as well), it might be the cause.

As you can see, a few posted and said they had MapleStory working on their Windows 10 PCs.

And if you moved the screenshots, try putting them back.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    cartianty
    cartianty said:

Got the same problem. I bought a new pc with w10 did all that was asked and still can`t play???
    It just keeps saying input not supported what it means I really don`t know.
    JUST FIX THIS GAME IM PLAYING FOR YEARS AND NOW I JUST CAN~T ANYMORE
    "Input not supported"? Do you mean your screen goes blank and displays "Input not supported" in a little box? If so, you could try this solution.

• HatebreathHatebreath
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    For the people that gave tips, Thanks!
    For the ones telling it works fine and don't help? why even bother replying.
    Anyway the game still won't work no matter wat I try :')
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Hatebreath

For the ones telling it works fine and don't help? why even bother replying.
    Post count ;)
    Hatebreath
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    As was already said before, they're just getting at that not all windows 10s have the same issue. It's not even garaunteed that it's specific to Win 10.