[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to damage some "boss" enemies

AranrararararaAranrarararara
Reactions: 100
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality?

Brief bug summary: Unable to damage some "boss" enemies

More details: I am able to damage bosses such as Zakum, Hilla, and Horntail fine. Some enemies still classified as bosses, such as Il Capo or Capt. Latanica, I am not able to deal damage too. These are the only two "bosses" I have tried to fight that I can not damage for some reason. No damage pops up, and there is no health bar.

Steps to reproduce: I really have no idea. I don't have any other characters that are a high enough level to fight these bosses so it could be character specific. Whenever I try to fight these bosses, even after reinstalling the game, I seem to not be able to deal damage. I know this is the case and I can't just the see the boss health because my combo meter does not go up when attacking them. The usual sound effects for damaging still play but I do not deal damage (I sat there spamming Beyond Blade for 20 minutes and Il Capo didn't die).

Character name: Aranrararara

Character level: 144

Character job: Aran

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 11/20/2016 5:47PM

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Restart your computer completely, should empty its memory and fix it.
  • AranrararararaAranrarararara
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Restart your computer completely, should empty its memory and fix it.
    Didn't do anything. Same result as before. I have tried reinstalling the game as well.
  • EdemonEdemon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    I know what your problem might be, if you're using the default damage skin at least. There's a glitch that don't make the base damage skin show the "miss" hits.
    edited November 2016
    Edemon
    Edemon said:

I know what your problem might be, if you're using the default damage skin at least. There's a glitch that don't make the base damage skin show the "miss" hits.
    I am using the base damage skin but the issue is not the numbers showing. Damage is not being dealt period. No matter how many times I hit the bosses they didn't die. I spent 20 minutes trying to kill Il Capo but nothing happened.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    Aranrarararara

Edemon
    Edemon said:

I am using the base damage skin but the issue is not the numbers showing. Damage is not being dealt period. No matter how many times I hit the bosses they didn't die. I spent 20 minutes trying to kill Il Capo but nothing happened.
    That just means you are missing the mobs, therefore no damage is showing or miss(due to a bug). Il Capo are Level 165 and you are only level 144, try to level up to atleast 155 and see if you can deal any damage. The basic damage skin has a problem of not showing misses and it's not really a surprise that you are hitting miss on a mob 21 level above you on reboot.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2016
    In reboot, if you are 10 levels below any monster you have a 100% miss rate.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The basic damage skin's the problem, this issue was mentioned before. Some damage skins including the default one for some reason are ironically missing the "miss" text icon.
  • EdemonEdemon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    Aranrarararara

Edemon
    Edemon said:

Like a guy said above, if you deal a "miss", you don't hit the mobs, therefore, you don't do any damage at all. Just level up a little and you'll hit it.
    edited November 2016
    Oh. I just thought it was a little weird cause nothing was popping up at all. I guess the basic damage skin is just bugged. I will level up and try again soon. Thanks for the help!