[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Friday Hot Week

Comments

• NobleEvanNobleEvan
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

We've applied a potential fix to the scripts for the Luna Hot Week. Please try relogging. You should be able to receive your box for today.
    Thank you/the team very much for your effort to straighten this out in time :)
    2 thumbs up :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

We've applied a potential fix to the scripts for the Luna Hot Week. Please try relogging. You should be able to receive your box for today.
    Thank you @KThxBaiNao for getting that fixed.

But, um, now it seems we're not getting Tuesday box in North American servers... (I checked both Kradia and Reboot)
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

Thank you @KThxBaiNao for getting that fixed.

But, um, now it seems we're not getting Tuesday box in North American servers... (I checked both Kradia and Reboot)
    Yep. No tuesday box. My friend who didn't get on "yesterday" (Monday UTC), got on just now (UTC Tuesday) and got the monday box.
  • NairassoyNairassoy
    Reactions: 795
    edited November 2016
    I also did not get a Tuesday box (NA Grazed player). I was able to get Monday's box yesterday, but not Tuesday's.
    yukimori
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    me too... im on bera world and i got monday's box but not tuesdays :<
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    Are we sure the times are UTC?
    Notice doesn't seem so clear to me.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Can't get tuesday's box yet :-(

Server: Luna

I remember last weeks hotday, they did it 8 hrs after midnight UTC, hope they fix event times soon!
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    Okhura
    Okhura said:

monday box i got on UTC time after midnight so we sure haha
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    yukimori
    yukimori said:

Okhura
    Okhura said:

monday box i got on UTC time after midnight so we sure haha
    Ahh ok, I was Luna so I wasn't sure as ours didn't appear :P
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    Same here. It is Monday 5PM PST (Tuesday 1AM UTC) and no giftbox. Checked three accounts (Scania) and nada. Good job Nexon! Keep going.
    And yes, I am not happy (to say it nicely). And not just for the missing giftbox.
    And this most likely will not be fixed until tomorrow late morning (PST), if we are lucky, and by then most people here in the US are probably already in school or at their jobs and so no giftbox at all for us.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Having this issue too...tried a relog to make sure...
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    I think Monday's box was a fluke, as it is supposed to be done in PST anyway.
  • XariappaXariappa
    edited November 2016
    That's why the change to UTC was such a bad thing. It messes up everything and creates a lot of confusion. Will check tomorrow morning if this is true (should have the giftbox by then). Not crossing my fingers as I might get cramp keeping them crossed for too long ... ;-)
    Nairassoy
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    This wouldn't be an issue at all if they just stuck to one friggin time zone for events. Go back to Pacific time, for real.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

This wouldn't be an issue at all if they just stuck to one friggin time zone for events. Go back to Pacific time, for real.
    This. This. THIS OMGMGMG
    HopefulDream
  • AglowAglow
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    Day 2 not received in GMS-Broa.
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited November 2016
    Re-posting here for visibility:

Hi all,

During today's fix for turning the Hot Week on in Luna, we also decided to revert the Hot Week times back to start at Midnight PST. This mean's Monday's box is extended for people who were used to PST times and hadn't picked up the box yet and Tuesday's box is set to be awarded at Midnight PST.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Aglow
  • XariappaXariappa
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the update, but seriously, leaving the GMS servers at PST would have avoided the confusion in the first place.
  • NobleEvanNobleEvan
    edited November 2016
    Xariappa
    Xariappa said:

That's why the change to UTC was such a bad thing. It messes up everything and creates a lot of confusion. Will check tomorrow morning if this is true (should have the giftbox by then). Not crossing my fingers as I might get cramp keeping them crossed for too long ... ;-)
    mmm i wouldnt necesarily say its a bad thing.
    I would rather say combining times is a bad thing, since we live in very different time zones. According to the poll for best timezone used i would suggest NA has their own timezone and Luna has either UTC or CET. And there needs to be differnt teams up for both NA and Europe, because at this moment finding out about and addressing such 'flukes' isnt very accurate.

Gogogo Nexon, make maplestory great again :)
    Yonax
  • NobleEvanNobleEvan
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Re-posting here for visibility:

Hi all,

During today's fix for turning the Hot Week on in Luna, we also decided to revert the Hot Week times back to start at Midnight PST. This mean's Monday's box is extended for people who were used to PST times and hadn't picked up the box yet and Tuesday's box is set to be awarded at Midnight PST.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Living in Europe, i have no clue when is PST.
    And what does this mean for the rest of the timeranged events, quests etc?

Elvirin