[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Friday Hot Week

Comments

• NobleEvanNobleEvan
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited November 2016
    Xariappa
    Xariappa said:

That's why the change to UTC was such a bad thing. It messes up everything and creates a lot of confusion. Will check tomorrow morning if this is true (should have the giftbox by then). Not crossing my fingers as I might get cramp keeping them crossed for too long ... ;-)
    U think changing to PST doesnt mess with the Eu;rope playerbase? ;)
    NA and EU each their own timezone would work best, dont you think? :)
    Yonax
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    NobleEvan
    NobleEvan said:

SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Re-posting here for visibility:

Hi all,

During today's fix for turning the Hot Week on in Luna, we also decided to revert the Hot Week times back to start at Midnight PST. This mean's Monday's box is extended for people who were used to PST times and hadn't picked up the box yet and Tuesday's box is set to be awarded at Midnight PST.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Living in Europe, i have no clue when is PST.
    And what does this mean for the rest of the timeranged events, quests etc?

PST is UTC+8.

As for what it means: Nexon doesn't seem to have made up its mind, yet. The servers show UTC time and most in-game content (like attendance, daily-reset bosses, etc) goes by that.
    But Cash Shop sales seem to start at midnight PST (8AM UTC), as did the Hot Weekend we had, and as the Hot Week seems to be now.
  • DockleeDocklee
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi all,

During today's fix for turning the Hot Week on in Luna, we also decided to revert the Hot Week times back to start at Midnight PST. This mean's Monday's box is extended for people who were used to PST times and hadn't picked up the box yet and Tuesday's box is set to be awarded at Midnight PST.

Sorry for the confusion!
    How long did you extend yesterdays box exactly? I just arrived back from work (3pm UTC+2) and i only got Tuesdays box. Does this also mean i missed the chance for any extra rewards? If so, do anyone who actually logged in yesterday but couldn't wait until midnight to wait for a fix get compensated?
    Satìre
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Docklee
    Docklee said:

SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion!
    How long did you extend yesterdays box exactly? I just arrived back from work (3pm UTC+2) and i only got Tuesdays box. Does this also mean i missed the chance for any extra rewards? If so, do anyone who actually logged in yesterday but couldn't wait until midnight to wait for a fix get compensated?
    Monday's box was extended until midnight PST (8AM UTC).
    You really should have checked before going to work.
    As it is, missing Monday's box means you miss the extra reward on Sunday, unless Nexon decides to be extra nice.
  • DockleeDocklee
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Docklee
    Docklee said:

SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion!
    Monday's box was extended until midnight PST (8AM UTC).
    You really should have checked before going to work.
    As it is, missing Monday's box means you miss the extra reward on Sunday, unless Nexon decides to be extra nice.
    Right. Figured as much. Thanks for letting me know. Not holding any hopes up on any kind of compensation but you never know when Nexon might deliver ^^
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

We've applied a potential fix to the scripts for the Luna Hot Week. Please try relogging. You should be able to receive your box for today.
    So basically everyone that didn't stay up until whenever late this was posted yesterday, read the forum and then relogged is screwed out of the additional reward because nexon actually thought it was a good idea to fix it late in the evening instead of just giving two boxes on tuesday as a real compensation?
    Nice work!
    Satìre
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

NobleEvan
    NobleEvan said:

SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion!
    Living in Europe, i have no clue when is PST.
    And what does this mean for the rest of the timeranged events, quests etc?

PST is UTC+8.

As for what it means: Nexon doesn't seem to have made up its mind, yet. The servers show UTC time and most in-game content (like attendance, daily-reset bosses, etc) goes by that.
    But Cash Shop sales seem to start at midnight PST (8AM UTC), as did the Hot Weekend we had, and as the Hot Week seems to be now.
    Not to mention they keep doing Server checks at PST time, that gets extended 'till midnight UTC and we lose the day