[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What class to pick?

TyborNTyborN
Reactions: 500
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hello, i just came back to the game after couple of years and i wanted to know which class is considered good?
i'd prefer to pick a warrior class since i got some nice items left for him.

Comments

• Shaneration1Shaneration1
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    it all depends on what kind of style you wish to play im no expert on classes but iv always loved darkknight class, which lead me into the magic classes naming battle mage in particular. its dosent realy have a mage feel to it because of the limited range the battle mage has it feels very much liek a melee class with some preety cool benefits to defense hp and overall survival. my recomendation would be to take ur time and try them out.
    TyborN
  • TyborNTyborN
    edited November 2016
    Shaneration1

it all depends on what kind of style you wish to play im no expert on classes but iv always loved darkknight class, which lead me into the magic classes naming battle mage in particular. its dosent realy have a mage feel to it because of the limited range the battle mage has it feels very much liek a melee class with some preety cool benefits to defense hp and overall survival. my recomendation would be to take ur time and try them out.
    thanks alot but i need to pick fast tho cause of the V Gifts, to decide on which char should i invest this.
    what's the most popular warrior at this moment? or any other non-warrior class?
  • DewiDarlingDewiDarling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    TyborN
    TyborN said:

Shaneration1

thanks alot but i need to pick fast tho cause of the V Gifts, to decide on which char should i invest this.
    what's the most popular warrior at this moment? or any other non-warrior class?
    The most popular warrior at the moment would probably be Aran. Don't see many warriors around, frankly.

The most popular classes, without a doubt, are Dual Blade and Phantom.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    hmm, well if you're looking at warriors, Aran is still really good after the mild fix they gave the class recently.

Demon Avenger has the benefit of using only HP and has a self heal skill ; Demon Slayer uses DF over MP [so only need HP potions] and can use either 1H blunt [mace] or 1H axe for weapons, gets a shield that "grows" and upon lv 100 said shield get's potential [both demon's get this shield].

those are my top 3 for picks on Warrior, I'd throw Kaiser in, but they just made him follow the KMS variant on how his skills work and it's not as fast as it used to be.

Aran: good field coverage, good defenses, good attack. However, it's combo based in the way it's skills are used.

Dmn Avenger: HP use only, self heal skill - down side is that it can only use one type of weapon, and the first two job advances are rather tedious and slow.

Dmn Slayer: HP potions only needed, Demon Fury fills as you attack [this is a downside when spamming most skills] ; Some skills use a combo of HP and DF, so that's something to consider. 4th job gets a really nice grinding skill.
  • TyborNTyborN
    edited November 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

hmm, well if you're looking at warriors, Aran is still really good after the mild fix they gave the class recently.

Demon Avenger has the benefit of using only HP and has a self heal skill ; Demon Slayer uses DF over MP [so only need HP potions] and can use either 1H blunt [mace] or 1H axe for weapons, gets a shield that "grows" and upon lv 100 said shield get's potential [both demon's get this shield].

those are my top 3 for picks on Warrior, I'd throw Kaiser in, but they just made him follow the KMS variant on how his skills work and it's not as fast as it used to be.

Aran: good field coverage, good defenses, good attack. However, it's combo based in the way it's skills are used.

Dmn Avenger: HP use only, self heal skill - down side is that it can only use one type of weapon, and the first two job advances are rather tedious and slow.

Dmn Slayer: HP potions only needed, Demon Fury fills as you attack [this is a downside when spamming most skills] ; Some skills use a combo of HP and DF, so that's something to consider. 4th job gets a really nice grinding skill.
    thanks alot! i think imma go with my ds until i have enough :D
    any tips on how to increase my buff duration or decrease my cd? for the hyper skill ofc.

• DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    TyborN
    TyborN said:

thanks alot! i think imma go with my ds until i have enough :D
    any tips on how to increase my buff duration or decrease my cd? for the hyper skill ofc.
    The mechanic class' character card ups buff duration, rank S [lv 100+] is by 15% if I recall right. As for cooldown - mercedes is the only class I know that has something for this, and it's the character card too, however it's so small it's not really worth it [rank S is only 4% of total time, and it's got a cap of a few seconds if I recall correctly]