[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Burning event

WhutWhut
Reactions: 745
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hey there,

When I was finally able to play GMS, I was hoping that I could burn characters. I was actually kinda expecting it, I don't know why. So It was a bit of a let down when I opened up GMS for the first time as there was no burning event like we had in EMS at the time of the migration.

Did Nexon give any information about a next burning event perhaps? Or how often do these burning events happen in a year approximately? And when was the last burning event in GMS?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Last burning event was during the Heroes of Maple update chain. We might see another one around the holidays, but I would not get my hopes up too high for that.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    i THINK there will be one during the V updates (contrary to popular opinion, there will be more then one. I feel SOOO bad for nexon when people start screaming at them on the 30th cuz 5th job isnt here yet....just because ppl dont bother to actually read the updates...)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

i THINK there will be one during the V updates (contrary to popular opinion, there will be more then one. I feel SOOO bad for nexon when people start screaming at them on the 30th cuz 5th job isnt here yet....just because ppl dont bother to actually read the updates...)
    Par for the course most of the time, honestly. People don't bother reading something, go by what they heard from a friend three months ago then get mad when three-month-old hearsay doesn't mesh with reality.
    Diannika
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Diannika
    Diannika said:

Par for the course most of the time, honestly. People don't bother reading something, go by what they heard from a friend three months ago then get mad when three-month-old hearsay doesn't mesh with reality.
    true, and not just here either. But its gonna be all we hear about on the 30th, unless they manage to completely break the game with the update (it is nexon, so....)

Ive had to correct so many people already... i just hope thye are doing the same as they see it mentioned, and it spreads enough that it lessens the complaining. They made it quite clear int he stuff they are trying to force EVERYONE to read by having this sharing event that nov 30 marks the beginning of the V updates, and 5th job wont be coming till later this year/winter... i/e sometime in dec
  • SitzuSitzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    There should be burning event for levels 1-130 when 5th job comes (a week from now?).
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited November 2016
    Sitzu
    Sitzu said:

There should be burning event for levels 1-130 when 5th job comes (a week from now?).
    *headdesk*

No, 5th job updates start on the 30th, 5th job coming later this year. this is preperatiion... as i JUST said above, no one bothers to read the flipping notices.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016

TL;DW: There will be a MEGA BURNING event as part of the V events. Exact date or level range not given.
    ReturnedNoob
  • ReturnedNoobReturnedNoob
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

TL;DW: There will be a MEGA BURNING event as part of the V events. Exact date or level range not given.
    Whoa, didn't even know they made this video til I started browsing through here. Guess I know what's being unlocked for sharing points next on the V Update micro site. Currently at 2000 points :p