[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Worth coming back to Maplestory?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited November 2016 in General Chat
haven't played in forever but i played a long time ago up until big bang then quit. the thing that i don't like about this game is last time i played all i did was solo grind for hours to level up and the end game was just as boring all people did were solo bosses. i also dislike the star planet place really not sure why they put that in the game. just wondering though is it worth playing again? im looking to NOT solo grind at higher levels.

also is there a list of what classes currently have the highest DPM/DPS or do they change too frequently now. WH was top i believe but with new patch idk how that works.

Comments

• ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    What keeps Maple feeling fresh and fun for me is all the new characters and content that's added. I find myself levelling new characters a lot just because I want to see how every class plays for myself, and try out all the new story content and theme dungeons. I'd say it's worth it to try out everything that's new since you last played, but I don't really know too much about the highest end content, as I never seem to stick with one character long enough to reach most of it. :P
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    It's only fun if you have other fun people to play with.
  • ASoggyRatASoggyRat
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    fradd
    fradd said:

It's only fun if you have other fun people to play with.
    This is probably true, and generally the case in a lot of MMORPGs. But if you play on an active server you could probably find new friends and people to talk to in game, if none of your friends from other games play Maple.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    As much as I want more people to start playing maple again, it is not worth coming back. Nexon has great new events, 5th job will be amazing, and the new content is breathtaking BUT! Nexon simply cannot properly manage all of that. Their communication with the community is garbage and it's only a matter of time before you, and many others, will get sick of it and stop playing again.

The solo grind you mentioned will be greater than it was before, as it will be much easier to solo literally every boss except one(the new Lucid boss which is only available to the top 0.05% of the population). Training to 200 will be much easier, meaning more solo training since training in a party will slow you down. And if you plan to train after that, you will need more funding which of course requires you to buy nx and fund your character.

Nexon has promised to reduce the p2w(pay 2 win) aspect of the game but has fallen short of reaching their actual goal. They still have way too many shady marketing schemes, they do not take into consideration user-submitted ideas to help improve the economy, and hackers still dominate the free market.

As for the top dps list, I do not know where I can find a reliable one but it won't matter since almost all of them use classes that are fully funded. Which will probably cost you more than $5,000. I hope my reply helped.
    YakudleLilyflower
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    The game is better than before in my opinion, it's easyer for you climb up and get strong in the game, but you still gotta use your time, some people like to put money and solo everything but you don't have to, you can enjoy more the game by experiencing the progression of the game, i saw how many pros quitted before 5job since it went boring for em, but i was stil having fun; yes hackers still a major problem in the game that i wonder when it will get fixed.

I still think the game is better to join it than much other times, they are still trying to reduce the pay2win in the game, but still a major part of the game, you could join reboot if you don't want to go to the pay2win worlds.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited November 2016
    yea hackers have been a major issue for a long time in this game which is pretty ridiculous and lack of support from the company as well. last i played it was easy to get to 120 unfunded which is also sad. thanks for the opinions i think i will pass on this game
    forumsareannoying
  • EdemonEdemon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    Well, i still think it's worth it, at least in reboot.
    About the solo grinding thing, it's said that party quests rewards are going to be improved, so it might reduce the ammount of solo grinding. They even released a PQ for 210+ on Chu Chu Island, so it's a pretty big step. Also, about the highest DPS/DPM classes, i don't think you should worry about it. You should pick something that's fun.
  • yrseyrse
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Well I can tell you one thing, I'm a new player and I'm severely disappointed in this game's graphical performance. I am locked out of the event hall because it causes my ENTIRE PC to hang. So I can't complete character potential quests nor any event quests that happen to be in there. This haste event? I love doing one skill, waiting for 2 seconds, then doing another skill, because for some reason every map above lvl 80 has some horrifying unoptimized performance issues.
    If they're satisfied churning out substandard untested content then I'm satisfied not giving them my money. Give it a shot but just be wary and don't be like me and give them your money right away.
    forumsareannoying
  • yrseyrse
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    And apparently, these problems are as old as the game itself. Inept team, inept coders, i wouldn't put up with this garbage is 2005.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

As much as I want more people to start playing maple again, it is not worth coming back. Nexon has great new events, 5th job will be amazing, and the new content is breathtaking BUT! Nexon simply cannot properly manage all of that. Their communication with the community is garbage and it's only a matter of time before you, and many others, will get sick of it and stop playing again.

The solo grind you mentioned will be greater than it was before, as it will be much easier to solo literally every boss except one(the new Lucid boss which is only available to the top 0.05% of the population). Training to 200 will be much easier, meaning more solo training since training in a party will slow you down. And if you plan to train after that, you will need more funding which of course requires you to buy nx and fund your character.

Nexon has promised to reduce the p2w(pay 2 win) aspect of the game but has fallen short of reaching their actual goal. They still have way too many shady marketing schemes, they do not take into consideration user-submitted ideas to help improve the economy, and hackers still dominate the free market.

As for the top dps list, I do not know where I can find a reliable one but it won't matter since almost all of them use classes that are fully funded. Which will probably cost you more than $5,000. I hope my reply helped.
    sauce

the list only has classes available in kms
    17 Nov 2016
    1~ Dawn Warrior{not all attacks get registered in gms and kms don't have the ping struggles that gms do}
    2~ Demon Slayer
    3~ Kaiser
    4~ Night Lord
    5~ Cannoneer
    6~ Aran
    7~ Dark Knight
    8~ Hero (2h)
    9~ Battle Mage (100% Telecast)
    10~Wind Archer
    11~Kinesis
    12~Thunder Breaker
    13~ Fire/Poison Arch Mage
    14~ Blaster (Some combination)
    15~ Evan (Dive Earth(3.5), Swift (4.0))
    16~ Bowmaster
    17~ Angelic Buster
    18~ Zero
    19~ Corsair
    20~ Mihail (No Royal Guard)
    21~ Blaze Wizard (1250(?))
    22~ Buccaneer
    23~ Night Walker
    24~ Mechanic
    25~ Marksman (330 Snipe(?))
    26~ Dual Blade
    27~ Ice/Lightning Arch Mage
    28~ Luminous
    29~ Shade
    30~ Wild Hunter
    31~ Mercedes
    32~ Xenon
    33~ Paladin (2h)
    34~ Shadower
    35~ Phantom
    36~ Bishop
    edited November 2016
    i was watching a few video's and saw a list says kinesis is only top sims when you don't take into consideration buff times and all that. i might give it a try again i mean compared to the current game im playing it's basically the same thing, constant grinding for money and resources rather then levels and gearing up. only thing is the other game has a better community although it's dead you can still chat to anyone for free without smega's or joining guilds and not in the same zones. but pretty lively as well with the grouping system seeing as it is pvp based.

i really wish it was like Old MS in the sense you were forced to do PQ's to level. i also work during the weekends so i doubt i will be able to make any free 2x events
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    On the note of DPM with characters--yes, with the classes on the top of the list it is typically easier to do more damage on those classes compared to the ones at the bottom. But that shouldn't stop you from playing whatever class you want. I, for one, hate playing Dawn Warrior cause of the lag, and I don't like Kaiser or Cannoneer or Dark Knight either.

All my friends seem to play some of the top DPM classes like Aran or Battle Mage though, so it kinda feels crappy sometimes since my fave class to play is a Paladin. But you get used to hitting low lol.
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

sauce

the list only has classes available in kms
    17 Nov 2016
    1~ Dawn Warrior{not all attacks get registered in gms and kms don't have the ping struggles that gms do}
    2~ Demon Slayer
    3~ Kaiser
    4~ Night Lord
    5~ Cannoneer
    6~ Aran
    7~ Dark Knight
    8~ Hero (2h)
    9~ Battle Mage (100% Telecast)
    10~Wind Archer
    11~Kinesis
    12~Thunder Breaker
    13~ Fire/Poison Arch Mage
    14~ Blaster (Some combination)
    15~ Evan (Dive Earth(3.5), Swift (4.0))
    16~ Bowmaster
    17~ Angelic Buster
    18~ Zero
    19~ Corsair
    20~ Mihail (No Royal Guard)
    21~ Blaze Wizard (1250(?))
    22~ Buccaneer
    23~ Night Walker
    24~ Mechanic
    25~ Marksman (330 Snipe(?))
    26~ Dual Blade
    27~ Ice/Lightning Arch Mage
    28~ Luminous
    29~ Shade
    30~ Wild Hunter
    31~ Mercedes
    32~ Xenon
    33~ Paladin (2h)
    34~ Shadower
    35~ Phantom
    36~ Bishop
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    i am returning because of reboot and 5th job myself, reboot makes it worth playign again in my opinion.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Join Reboot...we have non p2w cookies :D
    edited November 2016
    yea when reboot came out i played it although fun i disliked the fact that you couldn't get other peoples gear drop so there is a huge lack of trading but the grind was harder which i missed. i possibly will be comming back today. just looking for a game with a more hardcore end game.
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    we should make a guild on reboot for old players coming back, i'm also coming back just for reboot and 5th job