[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About Professions

OddballJenOddballJen
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hey guys, I am learning professions and I want to know what is the best profession combo for Kinesis, I already have mining. Thanks :)

Comments

• AventyrAventyr
    Reactions: 850
    edited November 2016
    Profession isn't dependent on class at all, so it doesn't really matter what class the character is.
    You can get both herbalism and mining, but then you have three choices: Smithing, Accessory, and Alchemy.
    Generally, you will go for Alchemy if the character is your main, because it makes it much easier to extract things without having to have another player set up an extractor. You can also use two "special potions" crafted through alchemy at a time. At master and meister levels, you can extract scroll and recipes, as well as craft high-tier potions & various bags (herb, mine, & coin purse).
    On the other hand, if you are trying to farm diligence, most people would make a smith, since it's very cheap and easy to craft arrows. At master and meister ranks, you can also craft cubes, but they are movable within account so it's best if you make a mule character a smith, so that it doesn't take away from your ability to extract.
    Accessory is, in my opinion, the least useful of the three. Personally, I use it to craft ABRs and DABRs (Angelic Blessing Rings & Dark Angelic Blessing Rings), which require recipes. At meister, you can use Accessory to craft Meister Shoulders, which are end-game worthy shoulder. However, if you only need one to fund your main character, I would suggest against it because it takes so long to reach meister.

tl;dr
    Alchemy if main.
    Smith if you need it as a mule for cubes, or to farm diligence.