[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make it worth to challenge end game bosses.

zSethzSeth
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the Title says. We need a incentive to try to clear high end Bosses like Lotus, Damien and Lucid. As it is now, the old Equipment's from chaos root abyss in kombination with tyrant Gears from Hard Magnus are by far better than the Absolob Equipments or even the lvl 200 arcane Shade set. This is mostly because the chaos root abyss set contains a Top and Bottom instead of a Overall like the other set's and because some equip pieces (mostly shoes and glove ) overlap with the way to powerfull Tyrant items. Which makes anything else quite insignificant. And while the cra and tyrant equips are (in comparrison) quite "easy" to optain, you have on the other side a mountain to climp. Starting with really long prequests and lvl 200+ to be even able to face lucid, damien or lotus. You need tons of founding and a good group with 4-6 people which have to be as good as you to defeat them and on top of that you need to do daily quests for additional items in combination with the drops from the bosses to be able to buy absolob /arcane shade equips ... which is freaking useless ... after all that work. Well in Theory you can make very little work of the Absolob items when you combine the Shoulder, Glove and Weapon. But the boost is really not that good, maybe its even worse. And in the Luna Server where our old equips still have addition stats from the Flame of rebirth, even the glove/shoulder/weapon combination becomes meaningless.
Dont get me wrong. It's not bad that the Absolob items are so hard to obtain. Hell no, good Equipment should be earned and hard worked for. As a member of one of the first Partys to clear cra and the first to clear damien in Luna i know very well how good it feels to finally get what you worked so hard for. Its great. BUT ONLY IF YOU REALLY GET REWARDET FOR IT WITH ACTUALLY USEFULL ITEMS. But i just repeat myself over again.
sooo... here are some examples of solutions i would love to see.

-Make it possible to enhance the Absolob and Arcane Shade set to 25stars.

-Give the Absolob and Arcane Shade Equips random additional flame stats when purchased in the coin Shop.

- Give it way better set effeckts like high Att%

- Add specivic Scrolls for each set to each Coin Store. And similar to the Gollux scrolls, they give really good stats like ~5att 7 all stat per slot or something.

- Give the lvl 200 Arcane Shade equipments another Potential tier just like lvl 160+ equips already have 1% more per line. make it like 15%/12% on legendary.

It makes my really wonder why Nexon didnt do anything about this yet. i mean, when this Equip had better stats it would make a hugh impact on the FM. So man people would scroll and cube half their Gear from scratch again and nexon would a lot of money ot of it while the Players would be happy too and they would actually trying to do the new and awesome bosses that are implantet in the Game. You would be shocked how many good People i know that cant even go to Lotus yet (which was added to the game ages ago) because they havent finished the quest line for him. And when i tell them to do so or ask why they dont want to, i get the answer : "because it's not worth it" ... gg

sorry for my bad grammer. im just a Human.

-zSeth

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    we dont have flames and it looks like we don't get a star force increase either

they should make absolab pants and overall or make overall potentials count twice.
    gamechanger
  • zSethzSeth
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    flames are in the gms gamefiles tho. would be easy to make them available.and if absolob was the only eq with flamed stats it sure would outclass most other set's
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, yes they should do some stuff for these eqps, since we don't have flames and 25star, we basically got stuck in time in equips, specially with tyrants which was a killing for new eqps and the overal instead top-bottom that make less viable to get overall.

Unless they change something, we will just stagnate and people will be more likely to quit, there's already a set lv200 in KMS, and people don't even want the absolab, and problably won't want the new one, just making the game even more stagnated with eqps that were introduced like 2013, and may still be the main eqps for who knows more years...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    They've already said at three separate points that we're not getting flames or AO on GMS. Citations to follow.

And the idea that's come up before, that you both seem to have overlooked is simply doubling potential values on overall-type armor. This would also benefit older sets, like the Empress and Sweetwater sets.

Citations:
    The first point at which it was said that we're not getting the system was back sometime last year, before the MLC was trashed. Flames/AO were brought up as a resolution/suggestion to Nexon and it was denied. Daxterbeer, as much as I'm certain he'd love anything but, can confirm this. As can anyone else who else either on the MLC at the time or saw Zelkova's now-defunct website listing MLC resolutions and Nexon's response, if applicable

The second point at which it's been declined was by KThxBaiNao, our Community Manager.

And the third, final and most damning point was when OneLetter, who is more or less the supervisor over all of Nexon's Community Managers, wholly shot down the notion of the system coming to GMS
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

they should make absolab pants and overall or make overall potentials count twice.
    This so much. This is the single biggest thing that we could get in order to balance Absolabs/Arcane set with cRA. Losing 6 potential lines is just way too much of a loss to make up for, even if we did have 25 stars and flames (since we would also lose 3 lines of flames as well). Those 6 lines, with a neb, is potentially over 50% stat on an equip that is just lost if we choose an overall.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Daxterbeer

This so much. This is the single biggest thing that we could get in order to balance Absolabs/Arcane set with cRA. Losing 6 potential lines is just way too much of a loss to make up for, even if we did have 25 stars and flames (since we would also lose 3 lines of flames as well). Those 6 lines, with a neb, is potentially over 50% stat on an equip that is just lost if we choose an overall.
    I would love some Absolab pants to go with the stuff...Absolab looks really cool but...not as good as Fafs.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    edited November 2016
    Well absolab still good since just a bit of players can cube bonus potential and godly potential, and remember, in KMS the rate for potentials to tier up is low, so just cubing one piece is better, and you still get a better overal damage(unless you are rich).

I wonder if the new lv200set will be top/bot, since it didn't come now in KMS.. would be perfect.
  • zSethzSeth
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Well absolab still good since just a bit of players can cube bonus potential and godly potential, and remember, in KMS the rate for potentials to tier up is low, so just cubing one piece is better, and you still get a better overal damage(unless you are rich).

I wonder if the new lv200set will be top/bot, since it didn't come now in KMS.. would be perfect.
    it's an overall.... the lvl 200 one

• IvangoldIvangold
    edited November 2016
    Maybe they could change to a top-bottom who knows =p, would make people in KMS go crazy for it too, and in GMS as well.