[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(General Chat) Last Post Win!

Comments

• TheLegendaryGoblinTheLegendaryGoblin
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2016
    Scandalous! My beautiful tribute to Pantsu got deleted by the moderator...

also scandalous that those filthy Canadians celebrate Thanks Giving on the wrong day.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving

My family is too scattered to gather for Thanksgiving, and all of my friends are busy with their own families. It's quite lonely, but then again, my family isn't the friendliest bunch to be around. Not so happy for me, I guess.
  • BladeSoul69BladeSoul69
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving

Lets just get this over with
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited November 2016
    Happy holidays everyone!
    edited November 2016
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    Oh right, it's turkey day! Uh... but what happens if you're vegetarian!? How can I tell em Happy Turkey Day without offending them!?
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2016
    I almost forgot the best part of Thanksgiving, the Black Friday fights. Actually plan on attending the deadly holiday this year but will go to the mall to shop where people are 10x more civilized than the average Wal Mart (I find that malls are rather calm if you go around 9 or 10 in the morning on Black Friday from what I've seen).

Also gratz to whoever got the pokemon code first. And for vegetarians...ehhh...insert whatever you see them eating the most often for the Turkey in "Turkey Day.".
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    hypnogris
    hypnogris said:

I almost forgot the best part of Thanksgiving, the Black Friday fights. Actually plan on attending the deadly holiday this year but will go to the mall to shop where people are 10x more civilized than the average Wal Mart (I find that malls are rather calm if you go around 9 or 10 in the morning on Black Friday from what I've seen).

Also gratz to whoever got the pokemon code first.
    Good grief! People who go there are brave. Come back in 1 piece. I've seen videos about BFs and even sports looks like child's play compared to it (being stepped on, having our stuff snatched from our hands, and all that hoobla!)!

Also, are Wal Marts this awful in the US!? In Canada (Quebec at least), it's the usual stuff. Some stupid people do come in, but it's like any other place. 0_o

Wal Mart seems like an unpleasant shop in the US by how people almost always take it as an example of crappy shop.

@TheLegendaryGoblin
    Thanks for posting the code. I didn't get it, but it's nice from yah to post it first arrived first served style~ I love these!
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Yeah I don't know what's up with Walmart in the US, I always shop at Walmart.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    lenopr
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Yeah I don't know what's up with Walmart in the US, I always shop at Walmart.
    It's just that Wal Mart isn't exactly a 'classy' store. People show up in pajamas, slippers, dirty t-shirts...I don't know exactly how Wal Mart got its reputation- but it's just not a store you're expected to have decent standards where compared to other stores like Target (or Sears since Canada doesn't have Target); showing up in pajamas or a shirt covered in grease stains will have people look down on you. In short, it's a kind of a ghetto store that you probably shouldn't make a habit of buying your groceries at. Not to mention after incidents like these that further decline it's reputation.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/worker-dies-li-wal-mart-stampede-article-1.334059

And thanks Kami :D I think I'll come back in one piece. Wouldn't have risked it otherwise.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    We used to have Target but it did so poorly that they got rid of all of them.
    All of the Walmarts I've been to, they've been decent enough and I haven't seen any "Walmart people" I see online from the US.
    I guess the Canadian Walmarts are better haha. We do our grocery shopping there, we get our meds at the pharmacy there, we even get our (my mom and I) hair cut there.
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    edited November 2016
    Hair cuts at Wal Mart? Interesting, the American chain doesn't have that. But yeah Canadian Wal Marts based on how you and Kami described them, seem significantly better than ours.
    All that aside though, I hope you two are enjoying your day so far. (this sentence was so random...)
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Yep, we got hair salons in our Walmarts. I don't think all of them have that but our local one does.
    Walmart seems like the most ghetto place you can go in the States XD

My day's alright, I'm mentally preparing myself for my new job on Monday.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    hypnogris
    hypnogris said:

Hair cuts at Wal Mart? Interesting, the American chain doesn't have that. But yeah Canadian Wal Marts based on how you and Kami described them, seem significantly better than ours.
    All that aside though, I hope you two are enjoying your day so far. (this sentence was so random...)
    I believe it depends if the Walmart you are looking at is a Mega-mart or just a regular mart. In State College, PA, there are 2 Walmarts. Both of them are mega-marts. They both have in-house hair/nail salons, as well as glasses shops.
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Yep, we got hair salons in our Walmarts. I don't think all of them have that but our local one does.
    Walmart seems like the most ghetto place you can go in the States XD

My day's alright, I'm mentally preparing myself for my new job on Monday.
    Good Luck! You'll be fine.
    MakazeKiba

hypnogris
    hypnogris said:

I believe it depends if the Walmart you are looking at is a Mega-mart or just a regular mart. In State College, PA, there are 2 Walmarts. Both of them are mega-marts. They both have in-house hair/nail salons, as well as glasses shops.
    Really? I know about glasses and food chains like Auntie's Ann's but this is the first time I heard about haircuts.

• MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    hypnogris
    hypnogris said:

Good Luck! You'll be fine.
    I'm sure I will be :D
    Of course I'll be a bit noob at first but that's what they're gonna be training me for right?
    Better than this placement I had to do in retail pharmacy last year for my first year of college, they just threw me in with no training for a month. If I can survive that, I can survive this.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    hah, i got a new job.....
    edited November 2016
  • hypnogrishypnogris
    edited November 2016
    That's a nice family photo. When did you guys take it?
    Maryse