[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How Far have you gone for Maplestory?

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited November 2016 in General Chat
This game is about 12 years old now, it's safe to assume we're all like 18+

When you were a kid first playing this game, how far did you go for this game?
What's the worse you ever did for this game?

I have cut school many times, late for school just for this game LOL sadlyfe
JettLuvsU

Comments

• SSparks31SSparks31
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    Well, I'm still 17 and ending my years of high school, but I still have a lot of stuff I've done for MapleStory. Though the most risky play that I've done, or technically am doing right now, is taking my computer to school and playing during the uninteresting classes like history. And I'm maining a Mercedes right now, so it's a lot of button pressing. I don't know how I haven't been sent to the principal yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    JettLuvsUGambyThe4th
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    I'm pretty vanilla so... nothing. Maybe the worst thing I did/furthest I ever went for this game was when I first asked my dad for money to buy pixels, haha.
    SSparks31
    SSparks31 said:

Well, I'm still 17 and ending my years of high school, but I still have a lot of stuff I've done for MapleStory. Though the most risky play that I've done, or technically am doing right now, is taking my computer to school and playing during the uninteresting classes like history. And I'm maining a Mercedes right now, so it's a lot of button pressing. I don't know how I haven't been sent to the principal yet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Teacher probably thinks you're just typing, hahaha.
    JettLuvsU
  • GambyThe4thGambyThe4th
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    I bought NX with the little money I had for mesos. I even fell for a fake login website in hopes of getting free NX. I don't use that account anymore.
    JettLuvsU
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I skipped school a few times to play on the day of a new big patch.

I also regret spending so much money on this game.
    JettLuvsU
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    I can't remember how far back it was, but I remember grinding Block Golems in Eos Tower for 5 days straight. Most likely, my recollection comes from pre-BB though.

On a darker bit, I remember stealing money for my NX habits... those were bad times.
    JettLuvsU
  • AzgaurdAzgaurd
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    When I first started playing Maplestory back when I was a wee little one, we only had the family computer. I was allowed to use it to play games on flash sites like addictinggames.com and Cartoonnetwork.com, but I wasn't allowed to download anything.I saw an ad for Maplestory (which looked awesome). I told my dad it was free to play, and asked if I could try it. He was very particular about his computer, and gave me a very firm no.
    A day or so later of researching and watching youtube videos, I was absolutely convinced the game was going to be sweet. So one day while I was home, 'sick' from school, I downloaded it. It took about an hour back then on low quality internet/computers. I made an email account (also was not allowed to do) specifically to register and play. I hid a piece of paper in my room with my login info where my parents wouldn't find it. I played it until about an hour before my parents were supposed to be home, and I was hooked. So what would any logical child do?
    Uninstall the game, and re-install it every time I happened to be 'sick' (which I was 'sick' a lot that week haha). This went on for a little over a week until one day my dad came home for lunch and I was hard-focused on Kerning PQ runs and didn't hear him. He comes downstairs and says hi, and I turn around. There was about 10 seconds of us both just frozen, processing individually. Me, that I was screwed, him, figuring out what the hell I was doing.
    I ended up being grounded for a week, and Maplestory removed and warned not to re-install. After that week though, I asked him nicely if I could show him the website and some videos. When he deemed it safe to download, I showed him around the game and asked if I could keep playing. He decided that if I liked it that much to break the rules just to play it, I must really enjoy it. So he let me keep it. And I've been a Mapler ever since :)
    PhoenixKumoJettLuvsUGambyThe4thValryia
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    Azgaurd
    Azgaurd said:

When I first started playing Maplestory back when I was a wee little one, we only had the family computer. I was allowed to use it to play games on flash sites like addictinggames.com and Cartoonnetwork.com, but I wasn't allowed to download anything.I saw an ad for Maplestory (which looked awesome). I told my dad it was free to play, and asked if I could try it. He was very particular about his computer, and gave me a very firm no.
    A day or so later of researching and watching youtube videos, I was absolutely convinced the game was going to be sweet. So one day while I was home, 'sick' from school, I downloaded it. It took about an hour back then on low quality internet/computers. I made an email account (also was not allowed to do) specifically to register and play. I hid a piece of paper in my room with my login info where my parents wouldn't find it. I played it until about an hour before my parents were supposed to be home, and I was hooked. So what would any logical child do?
    Uninstall the game, and re-install it every time I happened to be 'sick' (which I was 'sick' a lot that week haha). This went on for a little over a week until one day my dad came home for lunch and I was hard-focused on Kerning PQ runs and didn't hear him. He comes downstairs and says hi, and I turn around. There was about 10 seconds of us both just frozen, processing individually. Me, that I was screwed, him, figuring out what the hell I was doing.
    I ended up being grounded for a week, and Maplestory removed and warned not to re-install. After that week though, I asked him nicely if I could show him the website and some videos. When he deemed it safe to download, I showed him around the game and asked if I could keep playing. He decided that if I liked it that much to break the rules just to play it, I must really enjoy it. So he let me keep it. And I've been a Mapler ever since :)
    This is a great story!
    Azgaurd
  • AzgaurdAzgaurd
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

This is a great story!
    Hehe ty ^_^ Maple was my first MMO so it will always have a special place in my heart.

JettLuvsU
  • PokkediefPokkedief
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    Maplestory was my first MMO. I started playing arround.. I think it was 2005 I still have my BETA bandana somewhere on my sin xD. I was 16 back then and people considered me old for playing this awesome game! Now I am 27 years old and i can still enjoy this game.
    Back in the old days i remember how far we used to go for Mushmom! That was so awesome! I remember everyone being there cuz everyone wanted Ilbi's throwing stars, if you had those stars, you'd be considered Pro.
    Thats what i miss sometimes in this game. So much has changed regarding equips en scrolling. When you had a weapon where 1 10% scroll and 6 60% worked this was considered awesome haha! Back when a 10~12 attack work glove was considered pro!
    Screenshot below when leveling was still a big chore. Where you had to grind for months and months to get to lvl 70+. Those were the times!!

I was arround level 55 here, back in 2006/2007 i cant remember exactly xD
    MekJettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    My worst thing I probably did for the game...would probably be when I stayed up till 4am to play Demon slayer...Back during the cutscene glitching...I was like...one of the few Demon slayers made before the extreme DDoSing that went on...I didn't get to actaully train it for a while...my Demon slayer is also where I got my name, Petalmagic...
    JettLuvsU
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    35 - 48 hour training then sleeping when target goal was met slept until 4 pm. Thankfully this started on Friday night.

I also kicked my sister off the PC to get a few levels in on Maple as well as ignore my company that came to visit me for a few levels in Maple lol

I never want to do that 30+ hour endless training thing thing again because I felt horrible on that Sunday >.<'
    JettLuvsU
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    I remember i stayed until it turned 00:00 in Usa, but it wsa 6:00 am for my country, so i waited and got some stuff from the near year event, i was really tired and even leveled a bit my shade with the 3x cupom i got, i was really tired that day.
    JettLuvsU
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    - During the summer of 2007 I would play for over 16 hours with my friends. Back then we had this notice "you have been playing MapleStory for 16 hours, we suggest you take a break". Man those were the days.
    - I finished the Endurance Road Nightmare Jumping Quest (event) to get the Neptune Chair, and then ultimately the Sun Chair. I have seriously not recovered from it on any level and can't stand any types of Jumping Quests anymore. That's why I can't bring myself to do Beasts of Fury 2 lololol.... I am hurt...
    - During the resistance revamp I power leveled my Wild Hunter from 130-200 to get the awesome Onyx Mount.
    - During the RED Update in 2013 we had a rollback due to an massive item duplication hack. The game was down for more than a whole day! And I stayed up for way more than 24 hours moderating the old forum only to go asleep when the next moderator took over.
    - I leveled the Pink Bean class to 200.
    - Decided to go to bed way later than what is healthy to reach in game goals before an event ends. I don't recommend anyone doing that.
    - Spent countless of hours volunteering for Nexon because I actually want to do it and I enjoy it very much.

JettLuvsULilyflower
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited November 2016
    I been Playing this game for Years and I remember all the work I did, Stopped playing for awile since Red update and Came back on Reboot. So i'm a long time Maple Player.
    JettLuvsU