[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

emailed V gifts and Reboot

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in General Chat
The "Sharing" event description says that the gifts will be given by email.
I assume that means we will get a code by email, that we have to redeem in-game to get the giftpack.
However, in Reboot, the Redeem button in the Cash Shop is disabled (to prevent people from redeeming Marvel Machine prizes there).
Does this mean we won't be able to claim the gifts on Reboot?
Azgaurd

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @KThxBaiNao @OneLetter @SavageAce
    Anybody going to address this?

Or are the gifts actually going to be given out by the normal in-game giftbox notifier? (and the whole "will be sent by email" was just a ruse to get everyone to update their account email addresses)
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    They would almost have to distribute it in-game for reboot, unless they do something to allow only certain codes to work. Looking for more details on this.
  • AzgaurdAzgaurd
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    My initial reaction was that I thought it would just appear in-game, but it clearly says codes by e-mail. I would like to know as well. Also honestly I feel like it's a bit of a waste to get the inventory expansion slots on Reboot, so I might just redeem on my home realm instead :x
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited November 2016
    This reward will be distributed via the in-game reward system. So players in Reboot will be able to accept the rewards.
    Its2Sharp4UJettLuvsUNeospectorliljayyyyJulyMegaScienceSuperboiSkyTheDestroyerIvangoldInvulgo
  • xilPhant0mxilPhant0m
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

This reward will be distributed via the in-game reward system. So players in Reboot will be able to accept the rewards.
    What about that email thing ?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    xilPhant0m

SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

What about that email thing ?
    Likely making sure the rewards only go out to legitimate emails.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    So, @SavageAce, do i need to go in my e-mail check something to get the reward or just loging and get the reward will be enough?
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

So, @SavageAce, do i need to go in my e-mail check something to get the reward or just loging and get the reward will be enough?
    No, I'm sure that SavageAce meant that the rewards will be distributed in-game through the gift box icon.

@SavageAce Thumbs up if I'm right, otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong.
    SavageAce
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

No, I'm sure that SavageAce meant that the rewards will be distributed in-game through the gift box icon.

@SavageAce Thumbs up if I'm right, otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong.
    That is exactly what he said.
  • Kage1996Kage1996
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    i never even got the email for the gift boxes. @SavageAce on the micro site it said somthing aobut registering before the 27th, what is that about? do you have to click somthing in an email they send or or what cause im confused.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Kage1996
    Kage1996 said:

i never even got the email for the gift boxes. @SavageAce on the micro site it said somthing aobut registering before the 27th, what is that about? do you have to click somthing in an email they send or or what cause im confused.
    It means that you had to share on social media and accumulate either 500-999 points to get the rewards listed in Tier 1, 1000-1499 points in Tier 2 to get the rewards listed in Tier 2, , 1000-1499 points to get the rewards listed in Tier 3, 2100-2699 points to get the rewards in Tier 4, and 2700+ points to get the rewards in Tier 5.

Registrations must be confirmed prior to midnight on November 27th to be eligible.

If you accumulated enough points for either of the five tiers, you would eligible for getting the rewards listed in that tier.
    I think you are registered for the event if you end up in any of the five tiers before the event's end-period, which was last night (11/27/2016 at 11:59 PM PST)

Only accounts with valid, working email addresses are eligible and gift packages will be sent to the email account used to register for the participant's nexon.net account.

I think this is what you're talking about, right? This means that the email account that you used to sign up for your Nexon account is the one that the rewards will be sent to, so when you log into the game approximately 3 days after the end of the event, as it says here, you'll see a red gift box icon on the left side of your screen, and it has the rewards that you received from participating in the event.

Gift package will be distributed to all confirmed registrants approximately 3 days after end of log-in period.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

Only accounts with valid, working email addresses are eligible and gift packages will be sent to the email account used to register for the participant's nexon.net account.

I think this is what you're talking about, right? This means that the email account that you used to sign up for your Nexon account is the one that the rewards will be sent to, so when you log into the game approximately 3 days after the end of the event, as it says here, you'll see a red gift box icon on the left side of your screen, and it has the rewards that you received from participating in the event.
    And what SavageAce just said, is that email is irrelevant. The giftbox will be in-game.
    (Note that "email" and "account" are not synonymous. Older accounts have Nexon ID's that aren't email addresses)
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited November 2016
    Kage1996
    Kage1996 said:

No emails will be sent. Simply log in on 11/30 after the maintenance and you should get your share reward.

The line about the 11/27 simply meant you need to have completed all your shares before 11/27.

The line about the emails simply meant your email tied to the account had to be valid to register your account and to actually qualify for the reward.
    SuperboiWeekendBossQingKeIvangold
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2016
    I guess it's just kinda poorly worded.
  • WeekendBossWeekendBoss
    Reactions: 760
    edited November 2016
    No shet it's poorly worded, I've been freaking out about this so much that I had to get a GM's help to change my account email to an email I currently use so I could do this event, then freaked out again because no email came!

Thanks SavageAce, truly the hero we need.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    WeekendBoss

NEW CLASS COMING TO MAPLESTORY!

SAVAGEACE!

HIS POWER COMES FROM CORRECTING THINGS!!1!111!
  • QingKeQingKe
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

WeekendBoss

NEW CLASS COMING TO MAPLESTORY!

SAVAGEACE!

HIS POWER COMES FROM CORRECTING THINGS!!1!111!
    Lol

Such an event that confused so much Maple Heros.