[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove Balrogs from Orbis to Victoria Flight

UserRedUserRed
Reactions: 1,590
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So usually I AFK during flights. However, I have to deal with these enemies similar to the ones in the Sleepywood cave and they keep killing me! They deal over 600 damage per hit, which is annoying for someone on their 3rd job. Not only do they hit like a truck, there's multiple of them, and they FREAKING FLY.

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Where else would they spawn, then? Moreover, they are a historical mook in the game, like the Orange Mushroom or the Stone Golem. I don't see these mobs going away anytime soon.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Go below decks as soon as the ship takes off, and you'll be safe.
    MakazeKibaJettLuvsU
  • UserRedUserRed
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Go below decks as soon as the ship takes off, and you'll be safe.
    MakazeKiba

Where else would they spawn, then? Moreover, they are a historical mook in the game, like the Orange Mushroom or the Stone Golem. I don't see these mobs going away anytime soon.
    Oh. That explains a lot.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    You could also simply stop taking the airships, and instead head to Six Path Crossway and use the Interdimensional Portal that leads to Pantheon to go to whatever town you please.
    YacyMakazeKibaJettLuvsU
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2016
    UserRed
    UserRed said:

So usually I AFK during flights. However, I have to deal with these enemies similar to the ones in the Sleepywood cave and they keep killing me! They deal over 600 damage per hit, which is annoying for someone on their 3rd job. Not only do they hit like a truck, there's multiple of them, and they FREAKING FLY.
    As Aggraphine said. Also, they drop something for a charm quest.

• StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    UserRed
    UserRed said:

What level are you and what class do you play? You might want to get to 100+ before you ride the Orbis ship again.
    If you're stuck in Orbis, open the orange book icon on the left side of your screen and click the winged shield to access FriendStory, and hold down the NPC Talk button (by default, it's the Space button) for 2-3 minutes, and then enter the portal in the map that you spawn in and you're back in Henysys.

Also, I like how you are traveling from continent to continent the pre-BB way :)
    UserRed
  • UserRedUserRed
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

UserRed
    UserRed said:

What level are you and what class do you play? You might want to get to 100+ before you ride the Orbis ship again.
    If you're stuck in Orbis, open the orange book icon on the left side of your screen and click the winged shield to access FriendStory, and hold down the NPC Talk button (by default, it's the Space button) for 2-3 minutes, and then enter the portal in the map that you spawn in and you're back in Henysys.

Also, I like how you are traveling from continent to continent the pre-BB way :)
    I'm a Pirate/Gunslinger/Outlaw who is level 93.

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    what. u cant remove the balrogs :O!!!!!
    Ivangold
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Because, Monster Collection.
    chaoscauserZexceed
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    OdysseyTwo

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

You can also get it from Dojo, but you need some range to get its floor and beat it, cuz on Floor 29.
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    UserRed
    UserRed said:

hahahhahha 600 dmg is alot? what are u a noob? or some really reallly bad player? u must have lvl 0 gear on. and also why the hell do u take the flight? just use the teleport..
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

hahahhahha 600 dmg is alot? what are u a noob? or some really reallly bad player? u must have lvl 0 gear on. and also why the hell do u take the flight? just use the teleport..
    The only relevant part of your post was the suggestion made to just teleport around. Even then, it was already mentioned by Aggraphine and AKradian.

Secondly, do you have to put him down? If you want start a fire, go to rants and raves please.

Lastly, 600 damage a hit adds up if you're AFK. Especially as certain classes. Assuming you're a Mihile, based on the avatar, ofc you're gonna be able to tank it. He's a Corsair. A level 90-ish one.

OT:
    I thought about other suggestions to avoid death by Balrog. The biggest one I have is to not AFK until the ship starts and you are in the hold.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

OdysseyTwo

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

You can also get it from Dojo, but you need some range to get its floor and beat it, cuz on Floor 29.
    Not everyone has range.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

UserRed
    UserRed said:

this post right here, is a perfect display of how to be forum cancer.

@UserRed just enter the cabin when the ship ride starts, the Orbis- Victoria ship is the only ship that has any kind of random encounter raid; However, as mentioned earlier, people rarely if ever use ships now-a-days to get where they need to go because there are faster methods of transport.
    MakazeKiba
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Nooo..don't remove...U need it for the card and etc. Besides, it's the signature..we will miss them if they removed it. Just go inside the ship..you won't die