[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

V update Removes Avoidability

MödernMödern
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Where excatly does that put thieves with hp pools

Comments

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Trash potential line. You use pots like everyone else.
    Knightzhell
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Mödern
    Mödern said:

Where excatly does that put thieves with hp pools
    Did thieves even rely on avoid besides maybe dual blade? I mean not sure about NL, but I know shadower has smoke bomb + on top of dark sight.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2016
    Avoidability is different to dodge rate, though it's not defined properly in the skill descriptions. Thieves will be fine, its the archers who will suffer from this as they typically only have ~40% dodge rate and rely on avoidability to fill in the rest.
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited November 2016
    It also removes accuracy: does that mean a lvl 1 character can now hit a lvl 100 monster?
    If that's the case, low-lvl godly eqs will see insane price increases.
  • EdemonEdemon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    MachoDanshaku

It also removes accuracy: does that mean a lvl 1 character can now hit a lvl 100 monster?
    the thing is that instead of reducing your accuracy, hitting a high level monster will reduce your damage
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Edemon
    Edemon said:

MachoDanshaku

the thing is that instead of reducing your accuracy, hitting a high level monster will reduce your damage
    That ... actually means people not lvl 160 will be able to hit normal horntail now? Well, good bye acc hello horntail damage.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    MachoDanshaku

The "Accuracy" stat hasn't done anything in the game in years.
    Only level difference counts. And will continue to count. But now it won't make you MISS, it will just cut your damage down to nothing.
    Hungry4Pizza
  • 8toMidnight8toMidnight
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    Is it known what will replace the removed stats in potentials?
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

MachoDanshaku

The "Accuracy" stat hasn't done anything in the game in years.
    Only level difference counts. And will continue to count. But now it won't make you MISS, it will just cut your damage down to nothing.

So then what that basically means is that a lvl 1 can now do 1 damage to all kinds of high level monsters and then let a high level player do the rest. Leeching 1-200 omw. Yay.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    ...I really hope my Phantom can still uber dodge Hilla...>.> but hey...(Status resist didnt get changed...don't let Nexon hear that)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

...I really hope my Phantom can still uber dodge Hilla...>.> but hey...(Status resist didnt get changed...don't let Nexon hear that)
    What makes you think status resistance didn't get changed? Just because they didn't mention it in the update notes?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Petalmagic

What makes you think status resistance didn't get changed? Just because they didn't mention it in the update notes?
    Yeah, they're probably going to ninja it. Good thing I did some Chaos Crimson Queen runs just before this... but I still have leftover Resistance Potions plus an additional 4 recipes.

• YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Petalmagic

This ^

Almost every patch has one or two "ninja nerfs" Most recently coming from strange stories update would be the horrid drop rate of cubic blades.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Yolo
    Yolo said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Petalmagic

This ^

Almost every patch has one or two "ninja nerfs" Most recently coming from strange stories update would be the horrid drop rate of cubic blades.

-sobs silently-
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited November 2016
    Well avoid doesn't do anything (not really). For many years, If you are a certain level higher than a monster, It suffers miss chances against you.
    and if you have less levels than a monster, you suffer miss chances against that monster.
    Avoid would only give slight slight 1% adjustments to the way that works. Same with Accuracy.
    What I'm more worried about is Crit min and Crit max.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2016
    Hungry4Pizza

Well avoid doesn't do anything (not really). For many years, If you are a certain level higher than a monster, It suffers miss chances against you.
    and if you have less levels than a monster, you suffer miss chances against that monster.
    Avoid would only give slight slight 1% adjustments to the way that works. Same with Accuracy.
    What I'm more worried about is Crit min and Crit max.
    :T when your phantom has an 80% avoid rate...I am not sure whats gonna happen there >.>
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Avoidability and Accuracy have been useless stats for years. Nexon themselves has come out and said as such. Thieves rely on skills that give them x% chance to dodge an attack, which is different from avoidability. Accuracy has been level-based for years now, where your ability to reliably hit something depends fully on the level difference between you and what you're attacking.

It remains to be seen what they're being replaced with in character cards and in potential lines, but this is a long time coming.
    Valryia
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Just to let this very clean, yes accuracy changed to %damage reduction, so every lv you get 2%damage edcution, it may not be much, but for classes that aren't in the ''LineStory'' is great, since a miss for some is much more meaning than for like a kaiser with transformation.

And if you are thinking to grind super duper fast, no, it will be faster but there's a limit to gain exp, there was already in the party, and now alone:
    Hunting in mobs near your lv will be better for you.
    Valryia
    edited November 2016
    @Ivangold
    Wow, quite interesting and worrying to some degree... Although that depends on what the graph looked like before this patch.
    Do you know that by any chance?

Edit:
    If it used to look something like this before the patch, its actually a nice change. I suppose having to fight monsters within 2 levels of your own to get the exp bonus is somewhat annoying though...
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    MachoDanshaku

@Ivangold
    Wow, quite interesting and worrying to some degree... Although that depends on what the graph looked like before this patch.
    Do you know that by any chance?

Edit:
    If it used to look something like this before the patch, its actually a nice change. I suppose having to fight monsters within 2 levels of your own to get the exp bonus is somewhat annoying though...
    They probably did it to try to spread people out. Trying to help make more maps used and have less 15-40 levels of grinding on a single map or two.
    I'm guessing this will also make R&J more used with a tigher level difference.having 4 people between between say 80-84 would make it so everyone should get 1.1x exp and with a kanna and the letter the spawn rate isn't too bad.