[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

great V events only for new characters

Comments

• shaggemanshaggeman
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    i stopped playing a long time ago I have a lot of high level char only one that is over 200. I think creating a new char is good and something I will do its not as bad as everyone wants to put it. I know there was a lot of changing in chars and I don't think all ya have tried out everyone char. the rewards to me are worth making a new char but that's me
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    shaggeman
    shaggeman said:

i stopped playing a long time ago I have a lot of high level char only one that is over 200. I think creating a new char is good and something I will do its not as bad as everyone wants to put it. I know there was a lot of changing in chars and I don't think all ya have tried out everyone char. the rewards to me are worth making a new char but that's me
    There's a huge difference between someone who stopped playing a long time ago and someone who's been playing continuously all this time.
    KerBansotInvulgo
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    shaggeman
    shaggeman said:

We all have our reasons to make new characters. But I personnally don't have specific reason, since I pretty much have all link skills, but I can get one at Lv200 to eventually get its Lv3 link skill. I was planning to make some extra lumi and Zero for my Shade, so the Lv3 link will go on Hero (my main) and Lv2 on Shade (secondary main). Guess this event gives me motivation to level a new char. Plus we get EXP reduction !
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Knightzhell

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I didn't say they were trying to frustrate veterans.
    They are trying to cater to new players. They ignore the veterans' needs and plans. This causes us frustration.
    You know if they said you can do the events on whichever char you want provided it's the same world, I'd be fine. I don't mind doing 1st-4th job advancement on a new char. But 5th job? Jesus.

And seriously, CRA on a newly created char? That just screams "be an nx whale and fund your ass off to CRA or else".
    No, the really funny thing about the CRA requirement is that it basically assumes we're all veterans who know someone who can carry our level 200 mule through CRA. A truly new player would have a very hard time completing this one, unless they're very good at making friends. Or, as you said, funded out the wazoo (which a new player probably wouldn't know how to do right anyway, and would end up wasting money on all the wrong things).
    I don't know anyone who can carry me to CRA. And no Nx so time to henehoe. I'll be seeing all the other new players there. LOL!
    Me neither, that's what makes me mad. Some of the missions are complete non-sense. Me and my bud can't even solo easy empress and we're both level 180 how the hell are we gonna do CRA when we're guildess and usually only play and party with us and his brother?
    Been playing on and off since Maplestory came out and I don't even know anyone who can carry me through leveling or with CRa. Though I also usually get bored and just mess around in low level areas after about 3-4 hours of grinding so my highest level is still just a lowely 169.
    I honestly don't get how people get to 200 let alone 250 x.x grinding just gets so boring especially with the slower rewards after 140.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    After reading over the patch notes several times, I was pretty disappointed to see how everything was just for newly created characters.

The only remedy I can think of is to delete my main in Reboot (I don't play in Reboot very often, so he's only 170ish)... and start from scratch. I know the Burning event will speed up the leveling, but man that feels so counter-productive. I feel like I'd be just better off grinding the Play V event on my current one to try to get him an Absolab weapon instead.

Meanwhile, in my primary world of Scania, I already have all the link skills and have played every single class at one time or another... therefore I have zero interest in making a new character there. So, looks like I'm simply grinding for boxes.